“Different, Delicious Dining Experience”

Don Lorenzo's Restaurant and Lounge
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Long Island, New York
“Different, Delicious Dining Experience”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

It's like eating at your Aunt Mary's house...plates come out; appetizers first--at least six to sample-- plenty for the table. (Bruschetta, freshly made pizza; fried eggplant with ricotta; rice ball; salad and more). Take your time...main courses included fish francese, freshly made gnocchi, freshly made ravioli, stuffed chicken, seafood over linguine and a few others; all seasoned well and plenty to go around. Servers excellent. Food excellent. Price excellent. THEN the desserts arrive (I did not indulge so I can't recall all the desserts) -- but they included cake, cannolis and other homemade delicacies. I did have expresso with sambuca. Wine is served with the meal; I believe all this for $42 pp. Attentive staff including the bartender. Will go back...it was nice not to have to choose from a menu. NO CHOOSING! Staff brings out dishes...you indulge! No menus...makes it fun.

• Visited August 2014

long island ny
“Fun and delicious dinning experience”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Did you ever go to a Resturant and have trouble selecting one entree? All the choices too good? Well don Lorenzo solves that problem. They bring u everything! Soo good. $42 pp appetizer main and dessert. We were four people and had more than 5 appetizer entrees and desserts. So much fun. Didn't know what was coming next ...food was delicious and fun. Go with friends that like to try different experiences. Will definitely be back. Oh and they had two singers to enhance ur dinning experience. One of my favorites: the rice balls. Service was personable and attentive.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank mean1234
Glen Cove, New York
“Be hungry”
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

I've been a fan of this spot for awhile and I've never had a bad meal or bad service .dave and his great staff never disappoint.
It is by far my favorite Italian restaurant around the area.before I go there I also fast all day as the food doesn't stop and I almost think Dave and crew enjoy making people bust at the seems as they watch people leaving wondering what hit them.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank eodaly
Glen Cove, New York
“MAKE SURE YOU GO HUNGRY!!!! WONDERFUL PLACE ALL AROUND!!”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

If you are looking for a UNIQUE EXPERIENCE, as well as a wonderful meal, this is the place to go!!!
This is my second visit to this venue. I went with a bunch of Mom's for dinner one night, and promised that I would come back with my family. I finally got to do that recently. And, it was not only us, but 2 other families, with a total of 13 people. Now I have to tell you that my husband, my sister in law, and her sister in law are very picky eaters...AND THEY LOVED IT!!!
Dave, the owner, will come over and introduce himself, and ask if there are any food allergies at the table, He will also ask for likes and dislikes. Then, the meal is prepared...and what a meal it is! Without ruining the experience for those who have never been there, I have to say that the food is just delicious!!! It is served family style, and somehow, no matter how large or small your party is, there are always leftovers to take home. As I mentioned above...MAKE SURE YOU GO THERE HUNGRY! You will need to wear your "big" pants after the meal you eat there!!
And, on a more personal note...I have to tell you that Dave is always supporting the surrounding community. I know he helped out my son's school with a donation, as well as several other venues I have heard about from other Mom's. In addition to this, during the afternoon of the day that we ate there, we were selling Girl Scout Cookies in the neighborhood. Dave, and a couple of his guys who work at the restaurant saw us as they were going to work. The stopped and bought a ton of cookies from us. (Of course my daughter was thrilled!) That night, when dessert was presented, we had a lovely potted plant and a shovel given to us at each side of our table. Now the plant was plastic, and the dessert was "DIRT" and smelled suspiciously 'minty' according to my nephew. He took one bite of it and said....'THERE ARE THIN MINTS IN HERE AUNT ELAINE!" So our "Girl Scout Cookies were put to good use! Needless to say, the dessert was a huge hit! (And that was only one of them....)
Very kid friendly too! They actually entertained our kids, and us, throughout the meal!
Oh, and kids eat at 1/2 the adult price...and we had some pretty big kids!
GREAT PLACE TO EAT! GREAT ATMOSPHERE! WONDERFUL FOOD! TERRIFIC STAFF! LOTS OF FUN!
YOU'D BE CRAZY NOT TO GO HERE! =)

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank emsrhope
“A real find”
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

This is a fun place with great food and wonderful service. There is no standard menu they create a menu that is individualized to suit your likes. They feed you till you say you are full. The prices are very fair.
Dave, the host, makes you part of the family. Will be back at least once a month

• Visited January 2014