“Hiking with my friend Robert”
Review of Sunny Trail Guide

Sunny Trail Guide
Ranked #1 of 8 Tours in La Digue Island
More attraction details
Owner description: I'm Robert Agnes, 35 years old, born and grown up on La Digue. I'm a licensed tour guide with an insurance coverage for my clients. I love and care for the upkeep of my island environment. Join me for a wonderful adventure while you are on holiday on La Digue. Rest assured of having an unforgettable experience with nature. My tour program includes group and private tours. For further information please check my website or send me an email. Thank you!
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I went to the seychelles for the 4 time last november 2013
i know robert a few years now and he invited me to come with him on the tour he did with some guest.
It was amazing how to see him working and having the patience with the quest who where not very athletic.
he could give them enough confidence to do the trip and enjoy the the most beautiful sceneries you only can find on the seychelles.
I remember this trip a few time a week and look back with a smile on my face
Thanks To Robert!!!

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I'm certainly not the active type. I have never gone hiking or done a trail before this, and I never thought I'd like it this much. It was challenging, but not too hard. We saw some amazing things.

About the day: The whole thing started around 8:30 and ended at 13:00. We walked through the jungle, climbed some stones, crawled under smaller passages, walked passed beautiful beaches, walked on top of coral, and went snorkeling whilst our guide, Robert, made us lunch. We stopped all throughout the trail where Robert told us about the different birds and plants.

About our guide: Robert, was very professional, which I was impressed by. He was calm, very clear, and above everything - he took his time. Everything from making sure our shoelaces were properly tied and tucked in - to the technique involved with walking across the beautiful large stones. I was there with my boyfriend and another couple. He was equally patient with all of us. He took good care of us and we felt that we trusted him. He spoke of safety and the importance of not being out places that you are not familiar with at night, or when the tide comes in.

When we had come to Anse Marron, a beautiful beach with a closed-off pool to snorkel in, he told us to have a swim while he prepared lunch. Without exaggerating, he prepare the most beautiful fruit plate I have ever seen. I've stayed at 5 star resorts where the fruit plates were not as nice. So lunch consisted of the most elaborate fruit platter (on a real china plate) and samosas, which we ate half sitting in the water. It's something we'll never forget.

He also told us to go look at a baby shark that had been in a nearby rock pool for the past 4 weeks. He told us to look, but not disturb the shark, which brings me to my next point. He has such great respect for La Digue and it's beautiful nature. Throughout the trail, if he saw something out of place, like a bit of plastic that had washed into the shore - he picked it up and took it with him.

We were told in advance what to bring on the trail; water, snorkeling things, water shoes, etc.. so it was good to be prepared. Listen to Robert and you'll have a great time. We had a perfect day. Something we'll never forget.

2  Thank nenidan
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I never wrote a review before, i usually just consume ;) But i have to tell this trip was the best thing what happened to me on the seychelles. Our Guide Robert showed us the way from Grand Anse to Anse Source d'argent, passing the beautiful Anse Marron. The food and his stories were also great.

If you are on la digue this a must!

Reviewed 11 October 2013

It will take your breath away, both literally and figuratively. The most beautiful part of La Digue can only be explored with a good guide and Robert is an excellent one. He will feed you well with fresh fruit, coconut and tasty chicken-but only once you have made it to Anse Marron-which I would rate the Number One beach on the island. He will take you through the granite boulders and seawater up to your waist and higher to give you the full exposure of Seychelles at their best. He is a knowledgeable man around flora and fauna and takes care to preserve both of them. Walking with him is good fun, the one thing I would ask him.. is to make allowances for poor tourists who see these wonders for the first time and need some more time to fully enjoy and -take pictures as well;-) than he, who sees it every day-lucky man!

2  Thank wendywombatine
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Robert is a fantastic tour guide and he knows La Digue better than his palm! He will take you to adventurous and fun trails that entails hiking, climbing, swimming while enjoying superb views. The lunch that he prepared at Anse Marron was memorable. He takes very good care of his people.

I would highly recommend that you contact Robert if you want to spice your holidays in La Digue!

1  Thank Andrea S