“Full marks to Robert”
Review of Sunny Trail Guide

Sunny Trail Guide
Ranked #1 of 8 Tours in La Digue Island
More attraction details
Owner description: I'm Robert Agnes, 33 years old, born and brought up on La Digue. I'm a licensed tour guide with insurance coverage for my clients. I love and care for the upkeep of my island environment. Join me for a wonderful adventure while you are on holiday on La Digue. Rest assured of having an unforgettable experience with nature. My tour programme includes individual and group packages tailormade on clients request. The programme includes activities mentioned below: •Panoramic view of La Digue and its neighbouring islands such as Coco Island, Sister Island and others from its highest point at Nid d'Aigles •Explore the lush forests of Fond Piment downhill to the beautiful Anse Coco beach •Adventure to the Anse Marron beach •Wildlife of the island such as the endemic Paradise Flycatcher bird and others •Enjoy the secret breathtaking scenic views •Experience granitic rock climbing •Sunset, sunrise and full moon excursions •Sunset and fullmoon barbecues •Rock climbing tours •Kayak tours •Surfing and bodyboard lessons •Day trip bicycle tours around La Digue •Day trip walking tours around La Digue •Bouldering. On Praslin: •Trail around the mythical May Valley which is a part of Unesco Heritage with its amazing Coco De Mer •Trail around the Fond Ferdinand park to see the Coco De Mer •Nature walk in the middle of virgin forest up to join the Anse Lazio and the Anse Georgette, which are considered as the most beautiful beaches in the world All excursions above come with local fruit platter and drinks See you soon... in one of the most beautiful places in the world! Thanking you
Reading
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Full marks to Robert”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

My husband and I hiked with Robert from Grand Anse to Anse Source D Argent on February 3rd and had an absolutely fantastic time. Robert from the start was a most considerate guide and ensured that we started our hike punctually. As we were hiking on some of the terrain I felt a bit nervous but Robert was always around to give encouraging words and an arm out when I needed a bit of extra support. We arrived at the glorious Anse Marron at about 1100 and had a swim in the crystal clear waters as Robert prepared lunch of a fruit platter-but what a platter it was, with about 6 different fruits as well as some fish samosas and banana bread to finish it was absolutely delicious and probably without doubt the best lunch I have ever had on a hike.Throughout the hike Robert was very careful not to disturb the environment that we were walking on so that our hike had very little impact on the environment. So all in all a fantastic hike with a great guide and I would absolutely recommend him to anyone thinking of doing the same or a similar hike and as my husband and I intend to return to the Seychelles we will definitely be back in touch with him.Thank you Robert

Visited February 2014
1 Thank DavidGReading

• Polish first
Almelo, The Netherlands
“Hiking with my friend Robert”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I went to the seychelles for the 4 time last november 2013
i know robert a few years now and he invited me to come with him on the tour he did with some guest.
It was amazing how to see him working and having the patience with the quest who where not very athletic.
he could give them enough confidence to do the trip and enjoy the the most beautiful sceneries you only can find on the seychelles.
I remember this trip a few time a week and look back with a smile on my face
Thanks To Robert!!!

Visited November 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Impressed by Roberts professionalism”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I'm certainly not the active type. I have never gone hiking or done a trail before this, and I never thought I'd like it this much. It was challenging, but not too hard. We saw some amazing things.

About the day: The whole thing started around 8:30 and ended at 13:00. We walked through the jungle, climbed some stones, crawled under smaller passages, walked passed beautiful beaches, walked on top of coral, and went snorkeling whilst our guide, Robert, made us lunch. We stopped all throughout the trail where Robert told us about the different birds and plants.

About our guide: Robert, was very professional, which I was impressed by. He was calm, very clear, and above everything - he took his time. Everything from making sure our shoelaces were properly tied and tucked in - to the technique involved with walking across the beautiful large stones. I was there with my boyfriend and another couple. He was equally patient with all of us. He took good care of us and we felt that we trusted him. He spoke of safety and the importance of not being out places that you are not familiar with at night, or when the tide comes in.

When we had come to Anse Marron, a beautiful beach with a closed-off pool to snorkel in, he told us to have a swim while he prepared lunch. Without exaggerating, he prepare the most beautiful fruit plate I have ever seen. I've stayed at 5 star resorts where the fruit plates were not as nice. So lunch consisted of the most elaborate fruit platter (on a real china plate) and samosas, which we ate half sitting in the water. It's something we'll never forget.

He also told us to go look at a baby shark that had been in a nearby rock pool for the past 4 weeks. He told us to look, but not disturb the shark, which brings me to my next point. He has such great respect for La Digue and it's beautiful nature. Throughout the trail, if he saw something out of place, like a bit of plastic that had washed into the shore - he picked it up and took it with him.

We were told in advance what to bring on the trail; water, snorkeling things, water shoes, etc.. so it was good to be prepared. Listen to Robert and you'll have a great time. We had a perfect day. Something we'll never forget.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank nenidan
Berlin, Berlin, Germany
“Best trip of seychelles”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I never wrote a review before, i usually just consume ;) But i have to tell this trip was the best thing what happened to me on the seychelles. Our Guide Robert showed us the way from Grand Anse to Anse Source d'argent, passing the beautiful Anse Marron. The food and his stories were also great.

If you are on la digue this a must!

Visited October 2013
Cologne, Germany
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“Get your a... up there!”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

It will take your breath away, both literally and figuratively. The most beautiful part of La Digue can only be explored with a good guide and Robert is an excellent one. He will feed you well with fresh fruit, coconut and tasty chicken-but only once you have made it to Anse Marron-which I would rate the Number One beach on the island. He will take you through the granite boulders and seawater up to your waist and higher to give you the full exposure of Seychelles at their best. He is a knowledgeable man around flora and fauna and takes care to preserve both of them. Walking with him is good fun, the one thing I would ask him.. is to make allowances for poor tourists who see these wonders for the first time and need some more time to fully enjoy and -take pictures as well;-) than he, who sees it every day-lucky man!

Visited September 2013