It is considered one of the best hotel in La Digue, but had many difficulties in having a minimum quality in our hosting for several reasons. See the sequence of events that happened in just 1 night:
- Try to facilitate an early check and even tried to verify if there was a room available and therefore no flexibility was denied by the hotel, the same thing happened at check out (I understand that the hotel was overbooked this may not be possible, but not even trying check for me now is the lack of attention and courtesy to the customer)
- We were visiting a beach by hotel bike and the same was broken the pedal and gave us work because we had to walk back pushing the bike (not good quality and break easily), there is also no possibility of electric bicycle, which would facilitate it has numerous hills and only someone with preparation can actually go the beaches with ease.
- The air conditioning in our room did a huge amount of water in the room was dripping next to our bed and not froze, then after was repaired
- The pool has 1.50m deep, ie my wife that measures 1.60m can not stand because the pool is too deep, or are small details but together you start to see clearly that bothers the tourist who wants to go to such a place, pay dearly to relax and enjoy what the hotel has good. We were at Lemuria on Praslin (before), the pool there, for example, had an area with 0.90m and another with 1.30 m ( I believe this should be standard), but do not understand how guys make a pool so deep. Detail: the pool area is very beautiful, but with these problems (men at work with noise, pool very deep, etc)
- Had men works in their structure of restaurant and pool during the day, with masons, helpers, noisy gravel in broad daylight when guests are in the pool enjoying your holiday and rest. This really caught my attention because the manager was watching everything and thinking everything is normal, all guests without exception criticizing everything and seeing everything as absurd; to make civil work in such an environment with noise, smash smash, masons and helpers, ie, completely unpleasant (not the image that is sold in a relaxing place, tranquil, as seen in the website) .. it did not exist for us
Well, the price you pay I think it is unfeasible to stay this hotel. The same strives to be a good hotel, invested heavily in the pool area while the area of the room is reasonable and processes and staff are not well trained. It gave 10:01am (10am is the check out) someone knocked on the door of our room and opened the door and broke into our room, ie, those things no words and so our experience was not good and not nominate. Unhappily!!!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Alpha Holidays Limited, Booking.com, Cancelon, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Le Domaine de L'Orangeraie Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Domaine De l`Orangeraie Hotel La Digue Island