“Nice relaxing stopover” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn & Suites Glenmont/albany

and 1 more site!
Days Inn & Suites Glenmont/albany
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Glenmont

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I checked into my room on Friday, June 27th around 2:30pm. As soon I walked into the door of my hotel room the very strong odor of cigarette smoke hit me like a brick wall. The room was overall dirty and wasn't properly ventilated after the previous guest had stayed there the night before. I went back to the front desk to switch rooms. The clerk working the front desk stated that Priceline.com (the website I used to book the hotel room) booked me in a "smoking" room. I would've never booked a "smoking" room as I'm highly allergic to cigarette smoke, the remnants of cigarette smoke, and I also have asthma. I politely asked the hotel clerk to switch me into a "non-smoking" room. She rather rudely told me the hotel was completely sold out and there was nothing more she could do. Then she argued with me and told me there were more smokers in the United States then non-smokers and that I should just "deal with it!" (She was obviously a long time smoker herself.) I immediately checked out of the room because there was no way I could stay in a hotel room in that horrible condition! I wasn't even in the room for a minute! She advised me to contact Priceline about getting a refund. Priceline was willing to refund my money only if the hotel would refund them first. The clerk was unwilling to refund my money for a hotel room I could not stay in because the room was not properly cleaned/ventilated/sanitized which would've severely impacted my health. I called later that evening to see if the hotel had any rooms available. The hotel was sold out again at that time. This hotel made money from two different customers off the same room for the same night. Not only is that unethical, it's just plain wrong. Please do the right thing by contacting Priceline and get my refund issued!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CA415BOY
Bonnie K, Sales Manager at Days Inn & Suites Glenmont/albany, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you CA415BOY for your response. This guest made a reservation threw a third party. Who placed him in a smoking room. Unfortunately us and other hotels in the area was sold out
due to the NYS Bar exam. When booking with us directly we make every effort to comply to every guest request.

All the best,
Bonnie K.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

We were in town for a funeral and booked three rooms at last minute, not knowing what to expect given location right off the highway. All was well from the moment we arrived. Staff were very nice, the rooms were clean and well-appointed (and very quiet, esp given the location), the pool looked great (did not try it!) as did the fitness center, and the breakfast was as full of variety as we needed (and the coffee was good!). We really appreciated it all. Price was good, too. Would definitely stay here again, and in fact hope to. Thank you to the owners and staff.

Room Tip: We had rooms on the third floor of the new building - would recommend this floor but think anything...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bonnie K, Sales Manager at Days Inn & Suites Glenmont/albany, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you for the great review. I am so sorry for your loss.
Next time your in town for a happier occasion or just passing through.
The hotel has a brand new pool. We have added new items to our breakfast.

Enjoy your day.
Glenmont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Just off the highway, very clean and quiet. Only stayed one night but would definitely stay again. Very polite staff.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for the great review.
Our housekeeping staff takes very good care of our rooms.
It is a very quiet and safe area.

Enjoy your day.
Boston, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Just a quick stop en route from VT to NJ, this motel filled the bill very nicely.
- newly renovated rooms are nicer than average
- everything was clean, very clean
- staff was competent and helpful
- a/c seemed quieter than most
- location very near I-87
- breakfast was fine (waffle machine etc)
Sorry we didn't have time for a short dip in the indoor pool.

We'd definitely stay again, can recommend it warmly.

(note: though near the interstate, the hotel is not right at the exit. Use your GPS or follow their instructions to find it.)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the great review. The building is a brand new building.
We have a wonderful housekeeping staff that takes excellent care of our rooms.
Hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glenmont
Comfort Inn Albany / Glenmont
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown
BEST WESTERN Sovereign Hotel - Albany
Hampton Inn Albany-Western Ave/University Area
Staybridge Suites Albany Wolf Rd-Colonie Center
Hilton Garden Inn Albany Medical Center

Been to Days Inn & Suites Glenmont/albany? Share your experiences!