We travelled to this wonderful resort in May with Seyexclusive - what a fantastic experience we had, truly a holiday of a lifetime.
The island is served from a private jetty about 10 minutes drive from the airport. Creole Travel Services organised our transfers and we had 10 minutes in a beautiful lounge waiting for our car. The departure area at the jetty was wonderful and the lovely ladies organised our luggage and room info. A short boat ride took us to the island.
We were met at the jetty and taken to reception to check in - our only gripe of the whole experience was that we arrived around 9 in the morning after travelling for almost 2hrs (manchester - Heathrow - Dubai - Mahe) and we were told we would have to wait for our room until 2pm. I was not exactly amused and several irate conversations later, our room was ready.
Although that was a small issue, the staff throughout the hotel were wonderful throughout our stay, nothing was too much for them and we have stayed in contact with the best barmen on the island - Gutam Oli - a credit to the resort and he missed some wonderful cocktails for us and his service was second to none.
Our villa was facing the giant tortoise enclosure and we thoroughly enjoyed exploring the island on the room bikes !
The food is amazing - we had two wonderful nights at the Robinson Crusoe and Le Mont Fleuri and the buffet was excellent. We had upgraded to the All Inclusive package which was worth every penny and we enjoyed champagne and champagne cocktails in the evenings!
The beaches are beautiful but the water is very shallow so doesn't allow for snorkelling, however the hotel runs two complementary boat trip to a nearby reef every day and that was well worth doing - the school of HUGE batfish was amazon and we saw seahorses for the first time.
Creole Travel and the Seychelles Tourist Board organised a tour of Mahe for us - well worth a visit. we had a brilliant day and our driver was great company. we had lunch at the Chez Batista restaurant - a family were on the beach playing traditional games such as egg and spoon races. It gave us all a chance to cheer them on and it was a great lunch on a gorgeous beach.
we also island hopped for the day to Praslin and La Digue - the inter island cat is a fantastic oa services, quick, clean and on time. La Digue was amazing - rent your push bike, put your gear in the basket and off you go!! We would definitely go back to La Digue to stay. Praslin was very big but beautiful. Anze Lazio was beautiful and we had a very nice lunch at Bon Bon Plume - the thunderstorm knocked out the power so everyone had to improvise, great atmosphere and good fun!!
There are giant tortoises wherever you go and I fell in love !
We were only here for a week but it was the best time of our lives. I cannot thank Charles Kerrigan and his team enough at Seyexclusive for organising our holiday and trips and of course Creole Travel and the Seychelles Tourist Board were wonderful.
The people on the islands are what truly make your holiday here - they are soooo friendly - as you ride your bike everyone waves and shouts hello - why would anyone ever want to leave !?
Go, enjoy, live the dream !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One island, one resort in Seychelles If you are dreaming of a luxury holiday in the Seychelles, choose the Sainte Anne Island, a Beachcomber hotel set on an exclusive private island. Sainte Anne Island is undeniably one of the finest hotels in the Seychelles and an ideal choice for couples and honeymooners. An optional all-inclusive package offers you carefree holidays from the moment you arrive until the day of departure. Accommodation is in 87 private villas, 29 of which have private pools. All are set on a 220-hectare private island, surrounded by one of the largest marine parks in the Indian Ocean. Sainte Anne Island blends seamlessly with nature. Lazy days can be spent discovering the island's natural delights. On the pristine beaches, strewn with granite rocks, the only footsteps that you will see will be your own... Colourful bougainvilleas, frangipane trees, hibiscuses and palm trees blend in with the original vegetation. Immerse yourself in an island of dreams and sensual pleasures. Superb cuisine is served in the resort's four restaurants*, which include three beach restaurants to add to the enjoyment of your holiday in the Seychelles. Sainte Anne Island has paid a great deal of attention to its leisure facilities. Nestled in an idyllic tropical setting, the Spa by Clarins is a spacious sanctuary for the body and mind. The resort also has a sports & leisure centre. In the crystal-clear waters of the marine park, a colourful kingdom of sea-life is ready to be explored. The underwater kaleidoscope of colours, shapes and slants of light swirls with innumerable fish species while spectacular corals, sea anemones and algae act as a fascinating stage set. Departing from the sports centre, three different treks invite you to discover the many facets of Sainte Anne Island under the guidance of the qualified staff. Another plus is Sainte Anne's location, just 10 minutes away by boat from Mahe, making it a convenient stepping-stone for island hopping in the Seychelles. *The hotel reserves the right to close up to two restaurants throughout the year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Beachcomber Seychelles Sainte Anne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sainte Anne Hotel Sainte Anne Island
- Sainte Anne Resort And Spa
- Sainte Anne Island Hotel
- Sainte Anne Island Resort