Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa
US$267
US$226
  • Beachfront
Ocean View Guest House(Bel Ombre)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$114
  • Breakfast included
US$666
US$561
US$320
US$241
Agoda.com
Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove(Bel Ombre)
US$383
US$208
US$152
CaranaBeach Hotel(Mahe Island)
US$536
Savoy Resort & Spa(Beau Vallon)
US$414
US$305
2,616 results
All reviewsbeachfront villahalf boardour honeymoonbeach frontgrann kazoutdoor showerbeautiful islandcafe daubanprivate poolkids clubspecial thanksmain islandmain restaurantcreole restaurantindian oceanhappy hourboat transfer
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We stayed at Hilton Labriz with our 4th old this Jul-Aug. Overall the stay was good and we did enjoy it. Pros include the great natural beauty of the Seychelles and this island, great service - ever smiling helpful staff, It's also nice that you have a lot to explore if you like hiking and can otherwise spend your time relaxing on the beach. However there really isn't anything else to do on the island and it's slow going past sunset. The pool is nice and has an unusually large kids pool so you're nit stuffed in there with a bunch of other parents if your kid can't swim yet.
Cons - let me start with the boat ride - I came to the Seychelles for luxury and certainly paid for it but I got like a local ferry transfer diesel fumes and all! Both my son and I were sea sick. The resort too according to me isn't really luxury. We've stated in the Maldives and were expecting something similar but were disappointed. Honestly if I had to compare, for anyone Indian, this is like heading to Madh island local ferry ride included. In fact that ride is better as you get fresh air while this boat is enclosed. The villa is very spacious and in theory has it all but there's something missing which is why it doesn't quite make the luxury cut in my mind. The bathrooms should be gorgeous but we never used our outdoor shower as everything just looked wilted and unclean. Contrast this with our stay in Maldives where the outdoor shower had thick foliage and was super clean. Housekeeping is friendly and helpful only they don't actually clean much. Our bathroom had insect carcasses from days past in the basins and tub! Quite icky! Food wise I understand that most people love seafood but what about vegetarians? They do need to have more options. The room service by the way was more accommodating of special food requests. In terms of value, food prices are okay given that you're stuck on an island in what's supposedly a 5 star resort. Drinks are expensive definitely.
Basically we went looking for luxury but this wasn't what we got. What we got was a mix of a potential hiking holiday, reasonably 'luxurious' surroundings and no where to go! I'd instead recommend the Maldives for luxury, Mauritius for value and Seychelles well if you don't mind paying a lot for stuff or maybe if it's your 1st luxury holiday and you don't have any benchmarks.
Also the trips and hikes offered are easy to do yourself as everything is labelled. Even the presidential beach is accessible and is a short walk down the resort to the spa. We didn't do any boat trips though we gad planned to as we were so sick on the boat coming in. Plus the quality of boat was suspect after our transfer!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank JD1316
Shakhzoda, Manager at Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2012

Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor and giving us your feedbacks during your stay with us.

It was our great pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope you were able to experience the true magic of the islands and take home with you many happy memories.
We take into consideration each comment and suggestion and we value your satisfaction and patronage. We have well noted your comments and please rest assured that necessary measures will be implemented to improve concerned areas. It is always through your constructive feedbacks that we can serve our guests better.

Once again, thank you for your inputs and we hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa and to live up to your expectations.

Reviewed 9 August 2012

Seychelles... what to say, just wonderful! We are just back from our honeymoon and we can say that the seychelles is really a must see, we really enjoyed it!

First we will start with the good points:

Silouhette island is about 30 minutes from the main island Mahe.
If you look for a place to relax, enjoy your own beach (we had a beach villa), swim in the blue indian ocean, see fishes while snorkelling at the front of your villa, sleep with the sound of the waves then the Hilton is a must! As the resort is the only one on the island you can really enjoy the beach as there is almost no one... sometimes you really have the feeling that you are just alone!
The service is of good standard, from your arrival to your departure, the cleaning staff, waiters, hotel managers are all there to support you and make your stay as pleasant as possible.
Activities are proposed daily such as trips to other islands (Mahé, Praslin and La Digue : if you have time you should go there but be careful, if the ocean is rough, the trip to Praslin will be very long - 1h35 - and the boat is very small, so if you are seasick be aware! my wife has been sick on the way to go and it was no fun...), there are small treks to do on the hotel island which are also cool as the local animators provide you with a lot of interesting facts.
Overall the food is very good, you have the possibility to eat in 5 different restaurants in the evenings. A Creole restaurant, an Italian restaurant (where the wine card is good), a Japanese restaurant, an Asian food restaurant and a buffet with loads of seafood.
Breakfast is only a buffet with good choices and you can get different fruits and smoothies.

Now regarding the negative points of our stay:

- We didnt have hot water for 3 days... we complained at the front desk but apparently they "forgot" and we had to complain again on the next day and we finally got it on the third day. Even though the temperatures are high, having a hot shower after swimming is enjoyable.
- We had a full board stay (3 meals a day) but be aware: not everything is included, each time you want the very good food then you have to pay something extra! and it is not a small extra, after 7 days on the island the bill is quite heavy! 5 euros here, 10 euros there... it adds up quickly.
- The Teppanyaki restaurant is very good but be aware of the price, it is not included in the half or full pension, you just get a 25% discount!
- You also have to pay all the drinks! even the water which is about 4 euros for still water!
- The check out is okay but the front desk is not very friendly and they give the bill and "kindly" ask you to pay... when you pay more than 1 000 euros of extras (activities, food and drinks) a little smile would make you feel a bit better...

Overall our stay at the Hilton was good, the fact that they are alone on the island is definitely a plus and if you look for a quiet and relaxing place, it is a very good choice. A lot of honeymonners go there.

But as explained hereabove, be aware of all the extras the Hilton is chargin, it can give you the feeling to be ripped off. We took the full board thinking that we would not have to worry about anything but at the end you still need to be careful what you eat and at which cost!

Room Tip: We had the 212 beach front, probably 10 meters away from the beach, garden has nice trees with good shadow, place is good quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MisterV07

Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your feedbacks during your stay at Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa.

We are grateful for your evaluation on our team members, restaurants, resort facilities, villas and the amazing sceneries surrounding the island.

We take into consideration each comment and suggestion and we value your satisfaction and patronage. We have well noted your comment regarding the water interruption. Please rest assured that necessary measure will be implemented and this will not happen again. Kindly accept our sincere apologizes for the inconvenience you have experienced. It is always through your constructive feedbacks that we can serve our guests better.
Considering the location of the island, the resort needs to import most of the products including the fuel from the Middle East and Europe since they are not readily available from Mahé. These rates are in comparable with the rates of the other 5 star properties in the country.

Reviewed 4 August 2012

When you hear Seychelles, you imagine a paradise on Earth. About this I cannot argue, the place itself is very beautiful, nature is amazing. About location of the hotel can say it's great, but this is not hotel for people who like to party, because hotel is located on separate island, around 30 min away from main island. So it is a nice place to spend some time in peace and just to relax. my review concerns the hotel itself. When you are staying in 5 star hotel, which is one of the hotels of one of the biggest and most famous hotels chains you expect corresponding quality of products variety of food and service. Breakfast was poor, some fruits were other already spoiled or still green. The only normal fruits were typical fruits for us, such as apples and oranges, even the hotel situated in tropics. For dinner they have several restaurants. Sakura an Asian restaurant (for those who like Asian food), was adequate in connection between price and quality. In others you pay a lot for nothing.
Rooms are big and rather clean. But some equipment in the hotel should already be replaced.
So in overall my whole family was really disappointed in this vocation. The vocation didn't worth the money we had spent.
But If you still decide to visit Seychelles don't forget to take means from mosquitoes. They have big problems with them.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank AlisaBushma

Dear Guests,

We take into consideration each comment and suggestion and we value your satisfaction and patronage. We have well noted your comment regarding the food, fruits. We have 5 restaurants serving 5 different cuisines; in the main restaurant the fruit corner is available and it is advertised. As for mosquitos, the resort is located within the National Park and surrounded by National Marine Park; we have placed mosquito cream in the guest villas, in case if needed those are available in the restaurants too.

Since we have taken over the management of the lovely resort we have done many positive changes with regards to the interior and exterior design, landscaping, menu engineering as well as the facilities and service level offered.

Once again, thank you for your inputs and we hope you will give us an opportunity to welcoming you back on your next holiday.

Reviewed 2 August 2012

My biggest failing coming to Labriz resort was stopping off at the Hilton in Dubai first... As it was like night and day with the service and the food.. Everything except the setting... Dubai won hands down!
I personally think Labriz is not a 5 star establishment.... It's a very beautifull Island.. The rooms are wonderfull.. The setting is gorgeous..my wife and daughter and myself upgraded to a beach villa, room 211. And it was fantastic..(although I'd only expect it to be fantastic for the price paid) But apart from that... That's it.. The food wasn't anything special, edible.. Yes.. And you really need to have saved up a long time to afford the prices here (or be rich already)My mistake though as I knew it was a captive audience Hilton has here.. U cannot purchase anything else from anyone except them.. So they have u there.. U can bring the duty free booze.. But you'll still need to eventually take from the mini bar.. U have no choice.. I upgraded to HB aswell.. Which I'm glad I did.. But I think it's a total rip off my 13 year old daughter is classed as same as an adult! She hardly eats a thing!!! I also arrived here at 10am and asked if I could go to breakfast as when we leave we'd be leaving at 4am so we wouldn't want a breakfast at that time... But was told no.. I have just been to settle my account and asked if I could be refunded my 4am breakfast as we shall not be having anything at that time in the morning.. And said I had said this already wen I arrived.. And to their credit I was refunded (but I'd still have rather had my breakfast on the 1st day as we were starving!)
To give u an idea of the cost of drinks... It became very noticable at dinner that everyone was opting for a bottle of still water (as this is the cheapest on the menu) and like us.. Seemed to be clearing to their rooms to open the duty free.. It was quite comical and very noticable! I do think if the prices were lowered a little bit... Even a house wine.. Then it would attract more people.. As it was, we stayed in our room after dinner.
Snorkelling - well.. This is 1 reason I came to the Seychelles... But I never knew it was going to be rough seas and basically no good for snorkelling directly on reef outside our room and Infact the only 1 place on the island it was suitable was a £35 boat ride (15mins) or a 2 hour hike through rain forest! So don't go in may-September for snorkelling.. Unless u wanna pay for the boat journey (only 2 hours trip)
I did the walk to Anse Moldon... And what a walk it is.. I did it 3 times... Fantastic.. The hotel runs a guided trip foc but I decided to do it alone.. Mostly really early in the mornings... So if u like a challenge on your holiday... Bring a rucksack for your snorkelling etc. and hike it...I did it in 1 hour there.. 45 mins back (I jogged most way back) but be very carefull.. This is a serious hike.. You'll need good footwear and take plenty of water!! I was soaked in sweat after 5 mins! But when you reach the bay and go snorkelling.. It's well worth it.. U can even arrange for the hotel boat to take u back (at a cost)
The boat journey - it is fine.. The seas were choppy at this time of year.. But these boats are built for choppy seas as u will see...I have my own boat so choppy seas didn't bother me bug I can see it could put a lot off.
U r able to hire a mountain bike for free for 1 hour everyday which was a good thing to break the boredom in the afternoon for us... We cycled to the tortoise sanctuary every day and fed them an apple (courtesy of Hilton at breakfast!!)
My final total cost was £3,500 give or take.. Which was incl a private car from airport to boat (which I think should be free mr Hilton!!!) and that was us not having anything at lunchtime and being very conservative with the mini bar.. All in all.. I wish I had booked something all-inclusive and then I'd have just enjoyed myself..instead of watching every single thing we were eating or drinking (btw, they do put free bottles of still water in your room every day, which we basically lived off!)
I sound a miser... But I am not... I just dont like being ripped off and this place gave me that feeling from the minute I arrived to the minute I left..
Summing up - I think it would be great place for honeymoon couple who don't want to stay up late and who want to stay in their rooms... I seen a few with young children and I guess this is only due to them getting them to stay free.. And eat less 50%... I really wish my 13 year old daughter could have had that... And I bet she ate less than the tots!!!
Least I can tick the box and say I've tried The Seychelles, Albeit Sillouette Island...
If i did ever go back, id stay on Mahe i think. Either in an all inclusive hotel or rent a villa (which I was gonba do...)
Still... All done now... I hope u thought this helpfull... I studied all the comments before I finally chose.. So I did know about the expensive drinks etc.. I just didn't really take it in!! My fault!
So.. Go here if your very rich (I'd doubt
that as you could go somewhere a lot
better if u were!) or if u don't mind paying the prices...
Oh, and the only credible smile and chat I got was from the cashier when I was paying my bill at 4am!!!

• Stayed: July 2012
7  Thank mmpltd

Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor and for giving us your feedbacks during your stay with us.

We have well noted your concerns regarding the prices; considering the location of the island, the resort needs to import most of the products including the fuel from the Middle East and Europe since they are not readily available from Mahé. These rates are in comparable with the rates of the other 5 star properties in the country. We do offer an early breakfast to the guests departing early morning; shall you wish to have it later we do offer also breakfast take away box.

We place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton. We look forward to welcoming you once more to Hilton Seychelles Labriz resort & Spa and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

Reviewed 31 July 2012

everything was perfect staff , food , location , ocean , beach , Managers , everything was perfecteverything was perfect staff , food , location , ocean , beach , Managers , everything was perfect

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Maraghy

Dear Guests,

It was our great pleasure to have you honeymoon with us and we hope you were able to experience the true magic of the islands and take home with you many happy memories. We were very pleased to know that you had a fantastic time during your stay in our resort.

Once again, thank you for your inputs and we look forward to welcoming you back on your wedding anniversary to the Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa.