I've lived in 5 countries in eastern and southern Africa and been on safari in another five countries in the region. I decided on my return from Bumi Hills Safari Lodge today that this place is equal to any of my previous favorite safari destinations. We flew from Harare (with Chris as pilot) and so got a wonderful overview of the approach to Lake Kariba. All the rooms overlook the lake and are very comfortable and pleasant. We did two walking safaris, a game drive and sunset boat safari during our two night stay, plus spent a morning relaxing down at a tree-canopy-level hide by the lake shore. The infinity pool is beautiful and crystal clear. The food is healthy, varied and delicious. The furnishings, design and landscaping are all very pleasing. The view over the lake is superb. The staff are wonderful and all seem happy to be working there. I enjoyed the quiet time between outings for relaxing and sketching.I highly recommend Bumi Hills Safari Lodge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bumi Hills Safari Lodge and Spa boasts one of Africa’s finest wilderness locations with an elevated position on a range of remote hills overlooking the vastness of Lake Kariba. Bumi is situated near the North Eastern border of the Matusdona National Park and is easily accessible by light aircraft and boat, allowing you to be swiftly transported into paradise without the stress of a long journey. The safari lodge has a total of 10 rooms, all with views over Lake Kariba. All rooms are premium rooms with balconies and uninhibited views over Lake Kariba. There are garden rooms available too, reserved for guides and tour leaders, with slated terraces, set a little way back behind and on a level above the premium rooms. Taking centre stage is the beautiful infinity pool that seems to blend endlessly into the lake horizon. The pool is surrounded by intimate wine and dining terraces on different levels. The lodge interiors have been beautifully finished in a fusion of contemporary western and African styles. Bumi Hills Safari Lodge is situated on an extensive wildlife conservation area. Bumi Hills is home to lion, leopard, big herds of elephant and buffalo, as well as a multitude of different plains game. Guests can indulge in superb fishing in the lake waters surrounding the safari lodge with bream and the fighting tiger fish in abundance. Birding and cultural experiences (with the rich local Tonga culture) also abound. Bumi Hills Safari Lodge is a dream wedding destination – an incredible setting for a small, intimate event (maximum of 46 pax) whilst enjoying special time with family and friends surrounded by Lake Kariba and a myriad of wildlife! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with South African Hotels so you can book your Bumi Hills Safari Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bumi Hills Safari Hotel Kariba
- Bumi Hills Safari Lodge & Spa Zimbabwe/Kariba