We have recently returned from Bumi Hills. What an amazing place to visit. This is such a well run lodge. Catherine and Mike are putting their own stamp on the place. It was so welcoming. The staff could not do enough for us and Rogers gave us a great time on the game drives and on the water. We kept getting little surprises on a daily basis. Spend time on the platform and enjoy watching the bird life if you can. We had a Mongolian barbecue under the stars one night and a fully laid out and serviced lunch which was supposed to be a picnic on an island. Our last night we asked if we could end the game drive near the petrified trees to take a photograph and we were served snacks and had a fire sitting on chairs by the river as the sun went down, and pure magic an elephant walked into view with the sunset. The rooms were extremely clean, the beds so comfortable. The monkeys woke us one morning running over the roof of the lodge. The view is amazing. We flew in by charter flight from Victoria Falls, I would like to experience the boat transfer next time. Nothing is too much trouble for the team This is such an amazing place that you have to go back time and again. A place to restore your soul. I cannot speak highly enough of the amazing experience I had. Thank you Catherine and the team.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bumi - just a one-hour dramatic and scenic direct flight away from Victoria Falls - is a famous safari lodge that in recent years has been constantly upgraded to international five-star standards and yet retains its utter beauty and charm that, at its heartbeat, has the most sublime and astonishing 180-degree vista that has no peer in all of southern Africa. Perched on top of a small range of hills Bumi offers guests this panoramic delight, overlooking the massive lake, islands and game-rich shoreline, from the premium rooms, the dining deck, the bar, the fire-pit , the Africology Spa and from the glorious signature pool. Bumi offers 24 rooms - 14 Lake View premium rooms set a little in front of 10 standard rooms, all en-suite and fully equipped with modern amenities. Our local Tongan staff are renowned for their friendliness and delightful service ethic. Gourmet food is created to the highest standard by our dedicated team, headed by our highly interactive executive chef. Our activities are spearheaded by an experienced Zimbabwe professional guide, licensed to walk in the wilds with guests.. Fishing, 4 x 4 game drives, boat safaris, walks and visits to a traditional Tonga village are the most popular activities. Our exclusive wildlife area is home to Lion, Leopard, Elephant, Buffalo, Zebra, Hippo, Crocodiles, Kudu, Waterbuck and much more! More than 400 species of birds have been recorded. Visit villages where the Tonga people have maintained their age old customs and get a truly unique cultural experience. Discover how Bumi Hills work with the communities in the area and how the lodge protects its wildlife area with a committed anti-poaching unit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with South African Hotels so you can book your Bumi Hills Safari Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bumi Hills Safari Hotel Kariba
- Bumi Hills Safari Lodge & Spa Zimbabwe/Kariba