“A Pleasant Surprise!”

Ranked #1 of 79 Restaurants in Glens Falls
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 July 2014

On Thursday July 17th. before seeing a play at the theatre around the corner, my daughter and I decided to try the Bistro Tallulah....Great choice! I ordered the burger special with fresh mozzarella, pesto aioli, arugula, pancetta and REAL HOMEMADE fries....All of the flavors were wonderful! My daughter had the hanger steak and it was so perfectly done, I was amazed by the tenderness. We did make reservations and there was not a seat in the house or outside that was empty...I will be a little more adventurous next time! They must be doing something right...Give it a try!

1  Thank Susan G

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Visited here on a Thursday eve and glad we had reservations. The place filled up inside and outside by 6pm. I had a couple of glasses of a nice Malbec ($8). Toasted baguette slices served with evoo and balsamic. I had the hanger steak with pomme frites. I think it was one of the if not thee best steak I have ever had. Cooked perfectly and lots of flavor. The fries were the real deal and came with a garlic aioli. My mom had a burger special with crispy pancetta , motzerella and a basil pesto aioli. There are full and half plates, so you can try a couple of entrees if you cannot choose. I do not like rum, but the mojitos looked lovely as did the desserts. Our waiter was efficient and knew the menu. Menu is small, but there were quite a few specials too. Would go back for sure. Prices fair. Nice ambiance. Most people dressed upscale casual.

1  Thank amymiazga
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I made reservations for this restaurant based on the TA reviews when I headed to the area to see old college friends. From beginning to end the food, drinks and service was spot on! While waiting for our table, we noticed the bartender making mojitos. It probably took her five minutes to make each drink - there was a lot of love in that cocktail. It was made in a mason jar and shaken - just completely beautiful (and I am from Florida!) The food was incredible - all of it - from the shrimp and grits with etouffe to the fries with garlic aioli - the amazing chicken - and gorgeous tuna. For the grand finale - the white chocolate bread pudding with a praline whiskey sauce. We took it with us and had it again in a few hours - just as good! To top it off, the service was amazing - the bartender - awesome - and our server, Kelly, was very friendly and considerate. We hadn't seen each other for a long time and took a little bit of time to order - she was very patient - and her menu knowledge and recitation of the specials was spectacular (and let me tell you - the list was extensive!) Hopefully, we tipped her extra enough to pay for the extra time we took for ordering. My only disappointment was that I would have loved to talked with the guys on the line and paid my compliments to the chef. The restaurant closed down very quickly - by 10 pm they must close up the sidewalks in GF. However, I am sure I will catch them on my next visit. Yes, I will fly back from Florida just to go to this place! Thank you to everyone who helped make this evening an incredible dining experience for some old friends who hadn't seen each other in years. The memories of the entire evening are priceless!

1  Thank luvtowine
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This is our favorite place to eat in Glens Falls. Great staff, wonderful upscale food. The menu has lots of options for small plates and reasonably health choices. Good wine at prices that won't break the bank. Its a little noisy on crowded nights and weekends you need a reservation. The have a great burger special almost every night with hand cut fries. Always at least one fish on the menu.
Definitely worth the drive from Lake George1

1  Thank Ficecone
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Bistro Tallulah is a chef owned, farm to market restaurant where you will find creative and unusual preparations of the freshest and finest ingredients. It is a causal place where you feel welcome, but better make reservations on weekends. This place is well known to locals. The service is friendly but not intrusive. The menu is wide ranging with appetizers, salads and soups that combine ingredients imaginatively with delicious results. Likewise the long list of main courses. We are not desert eaters, but our friends who are assure us that their deserts are first class. The wine and beer list, many beers on tap, are deep and broad. The main problem here is that it is hard to make up your mind what to order Of course, the solution is to go often.