“Great B&B!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Glens Falls B&B and Inns
Titusville, New Jersey
“Great B&B!”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

The location and hosts were wonderful! The room was small, but very clean and comfortable. It is a short, easy walk to the downtown area. Breakfast was delicious and the company was very enjoyable ! We would definitely stay again if ever in the area!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank kathy c

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 September 2013

My husband and i were spending a few days at Saratoga race track and I wanted to try a B&B. We were both delighted with our choice. We were greeted upon arrival, shown our room and told to make ourselves at home. We ended up on the front porch, on the wicker, enjoying a glass of wine. Our room was perfect, comfortable bed and a nice bathroom. Breakfast was delcious and I loved sitting at the dining room table and chatting with the other guests. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in t he Saratoga room but peeked into several of the others. They all looked nice. Each h...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank auntiemoy
Ithaca, New York
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We spent one night at this B & B, and that was more than enough. The inn is in a big old Victorian house, renovated to genteel shabbiness and definitely needing some touching up. There are big downstairs rooms that guests can use, including a piano. When we arrived to check in, no one was there, but a sign at the desk told us to phone Denise. She came down and showed us the downstairs and our room, and asked if we wanted her to make a dinner reservation for us. The inn has central air conditioning and it was quite chilly, so she said we could turn on the heat if it got too cold. (Do these people know about energy conservation?) That was the last we saw of any hosts until the next morning.
We stayed in the Adirondack room, which had cute woodsy decor but numerous problems. On the positive side, the bed was quite good. The lighting was terrible, making it hard to read or use a computer. The bathroom door, which squeaked loudly, didn't close properly. Someone had installed a hook and eye, but the eye was missing, so the door just didn't close all the way, and in a small room with the door right next to the bed, this left little privacy. Towels were skimpy and not of good quality. For the 2 of us, we got 1 washcloth, 1 face towel and 2 bath towels. Toiletries were not very good quality---one of those conditioning shampoos. When we did eventually need to turn on the heat (while it was 80 degrees outside!), the knob was missing from the heat dial, so there was only a shaft and we couldn't adjust it accurately. Then the people in the next room returned and we could hear everything they said. They confirmed when we met them that they could hear us too. Fortunately, none of us stayed up too late or got up too early.
OK, on to breakfast. There were 6 people staying at the inn. We came downstairs and found a fruit plate with one banana and one orange. Breakfast consisted of juice, overly sweetened yogurt with a few berries, 2 small blueberry pancakes with crappy syrup (this is the Adirondacks, guys---you should be serving Maple Syrup!) and sausage for those who wanted it (we don't eat meat). We left feeling hungry and ripped off.

Room Tip: Stay away from the Adirondack & Saratoga rooms, unless you want to feel like you're sharing...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dahomey_13
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I stayed at the inn for 4 night and loved every moment of it. It's clean, within walking distance to downtown and Mark & Ken are very gracious hosts!!!! I would stay there again in a heart beat!!!
There are several great restaurants in the downtown area.

Room Tip: Loved the Saratoga Room
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Aric66
New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I had called to make my reservations and I asked for information about family history and if they had recommendations for where I should go. I was told they would have the answers for me when I arrived. When I arrived I was pleasantly greeted and got all of my questions answered without me even asking. I was told to make myself at home and was given a tour of the house. I got restaurant recommendations as well. When we woke up in the morning, we had a delicious breakfast. Starting with orange juice and yogurt with fresh fruit (strawberries, blueberries and blackberries). We were offered a choice of omelet or blueberry pancakes. We choose the pancakes with fresh blueberries. We were given the extra pancakes from the batter (which was too much to eat! But was so good!) It was a beautiful place to stay. I look forward to visiting again and for more than just one night!

Room Tip: We stayed in the garden room, although it was the cheapest room it was very nice and comfortable!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AmyZ77
staywithus7, Owner at Glens Falls Inn, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
Thank you for your feedback. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Denise, Ken and Mark
Pembroke Pines, Florida
Reviewed 13 June 2013

My better half and I were ending a vacation up in New England and came into town to see a concert and really chose the end because of its proximity to the venue. The Inn is on a quiet little street but yet still close enough to walk downtown if you are slightly ambitious. The house still has a lot of the original touches and the owners were around the morning we checked out and we had a nice chat about all the fantastic little touches that you find in old houses like this. The room we had was just off the living room, and while it was small and a little noisy when breakfast started being served, it added to the family feel of the stay. The living areas of the house are warm and inviting and made me want to just kick back and read the Sunday paper all day...
The real joy of staying at Inns is their inherent imperfections and the little discoveries that set each of these old gems apart - if you embrace that then you will love the Glens Falls Inn warts and all!
We'll be back.

T.

Room Tip: I think upstairs would be quieter - but if you are an early riser the rooms on the first floor are j...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TobeManFL
staywithus7, Owner at Glens Falls Inn, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
Thank you for completing the survey and the remarks! We hope that you will come back to see us again soon. Denise, Mark and Ken
Dayton, OH
Reviewed 16 April 2013

I have stayed at many bed and breakfasts, so I had an expectation when I arrived. The house is historic, and the owners have owned it for a short period of time. So, needless to say, I understood that there was work that needed to be done to the home. I myself have a historic home, so I understand maintenance can be a bear. However, our toilet became clogged, the tub didn't drain, etc. This did not make for an enjoyable stay. As someone else mentioned below, there were very little amenities. No shampoo, etc. Also, the first day, they had a choice of coffees at breakfast. The second day, they were out of all but decaff, which doesn't go well for us. They also have their family living on the third floor of the house, and they were up late making noise over our heads and also up early making noise. So, I was kept up until midnight by banging drawers, walking around, but then woken up again at 6 a.m. with more of the same...people talking loudly, etc. Not my idea of a relaxing experience. The place has potential. But, 3 stars is generous.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George
Quality Inn Glens Falls
Quality Inn Glens Falls
#4 of 6 in Glens Falls

Been to Glens Falls Inn? Share your experiences!