“Good food and beer”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 August 2014

During our vacation in Lake George, we made the drive to Glens Falls. The food here is very good, with some interesting and unexpected offerings beyond the typical brew pub fare. I wasn't very hungry and only got the Thai chicken strips, which were quite good. I was less pleased with the Maibock beer. On the menu, it was described as "smooth and malty", but it was a bit too hoppy for me, and it also had a slight metallic taste. Lots of hops is the style in craft brewing right now and I've had other brews with that metallic taste, so don't let that hold you back if that's your thing.

The atmosphere is nice and it was a good place to take the kids. Our server was very friendly and attentive.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I get to visit the Glens Falls region once a year, and I always make sure I stop here for lunch. The food is always good, and the service has continuously been top-notch. This needs to be on your “must go to” list when visiting the area, and it’s worth the drive from farther distances.

This was originally an empty warehouse next to a set of railroad tracks which went through the city. The railroad tracks were removed and then paved to make a hike & bike trail. The warehouse first was just a brewery were you could get beer and soda samples, and bring some home in your own “growler” bottles. Soon a window facing the trail opened, and ice cream was severed from there.

Cooper’s Cave continued to grow and expand their operations as the years went on. Eventually a full restaurant was added, and then a patio facing the trail to accommodate more patrons. The patio is designed with roll-down plastic sheeting and heat lamps to allow dining in the cooler months. The restaurant entrance is designed to look like the cave the establishment is named after.

The menu has an extensive selection of lunch and dinner items, as well as a selection of their home-brewed beverages to go along with your meal. Many tempting desserts are available, or you can step over to the trail area and get ice cream directly from the window. Parking is extremely limited next to Cooper’s Cave, so you might have to walk a few blocks to get there. It is worth it.

I had the buffalo chicken wrap for lunch, and a glass of the amber ale. It was delivered promptly, hot and fresh, and the server was very friendly. My meal was delicious, and reminded me why this is the tasty treat I look forward to on my yearly visit. While my server did tempt with the dessert menu, I had my mind set on getting a milkshake and sitting in the lounge chairs next to the trail in order to enjoy the cool afternoon.

The brewery section has a small gift shop where hats, shirts, and glassware can be purchased. These make great souvenirs to bring back, or to add to your collection. If you’re a local resident, not only should you frequent the restaurant and ice cream window, but get a growler (or two) so you can enjoy these delicious beverages at home.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Cooper's Cave serves, great food, varietal beers and home made ice cream. The food is unique and flavorful. They have a nice selection of beers on tap and bottled beers. They have an ice cream window on the outside of the building with soft serve and homemade ice cream. Great place to eat!

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We love this place! Varied and interesting menu. We've been here at least 4 times and have never had a bad experience. The beer is great, and cold! My boyfriend says their homemade ice cream is the best he's ever had. Also great deals on bottled beer and growlers in the gift shop.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Was told of this place when visiting the area a few years ago, since it is in a residential area i never knew of it. So happy we gave it a try....Best wings i have ever had and the Beer was very good as well. Next time i will try the ice cream i hear it is top notch!

1  Thank nytravellover2014