“A Big Surprise at a Small Cafe”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Rock Hill Bakehouse Cafe
Ranked #11 of 78 Restaurants in Glens Falls
Albany, New York
“A Big Surprise at a Small Cafe”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

On a sunny clear day we found ourselves in Glens Falls, NY. A farmer's market was underway but we found this little café for something to eat.
At the corner of Elm and Exchange Streets, this restaurant had good spacing between tables with a pleasant crowd of customers. I went for the Chef's Whim, a half-sandwich and soup deal, while my wife chose the Veggie Whim. There were four soups to choose from: turkey mushroom barley, roasted vegetable and lima bean, split pea and ham, and broccoli, cheddar and tomato.
The Chef's Whim featured roasted turkey, bacon, jack cheese, tomatoes and pesto mayo on grilled semolina bread. I chose the turkey mushroom barley soup to go with it. The Veggie Whim consisted of smoked mozzarella, sundried tomatoes as well as tomatoes, grilled asparagus and cheddar cheese. My wife had the roasted vegetable and lima bean soup to go with her meal.
For a humble café such as this, this is as good as it gets. I had a generous amount of turkey in my sandwich which honestly surprised me. The bacon was a great addition as bacon always is. Both of our soups were equally loaded with vegetables, and my wife enjoyed her half sandwich as much as I enjoyed mine. The bread is second to none which you should expect from a bakery. Always a great idea to make your own bread.
Each meal was $11.25. I don't remember the last time I paid so little for such good food. This little café is a big winner in my book.

• Visited July 2014

Linden, New Jersey
“Never, ever disappoints”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Soup, sandwiches and baked goods are the mainstay of this restaurant. The breads and biscotti are wonderful. The sandwich selection is always unique and has high quality ingredients. Breakfast offering are absolutely delicious. This is one place that we have been to over 30 times. We never leave without fresh bread and sweet treats. Books surround customers and offer the opportunity for reading or exchange. If one is lucky, a musician will entertain you. Run, don't walk to Rock Hill!

Visited June 2014
Glens Falls, New York
“Rockhill Always Gets It Right”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I eat here frequently. Delicious homemade soups and breads. Interesting and consistently good food. Always fresh ingredients. Staff is friendly and food is nicely presented. Love the casual atmosphere. The currant scones are to die for!

Visited May 2014
“Best sandwich in town”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Great sandwiched and soups. Hard to beat with high quality ingredients and wonderful bread. Curried chicken sandwich is amazing and the coffee drinks are made well.

Visited January 2014
Saratoga Springs NY
“Best Bread in the Area”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Rock Hill Bakery was probably responsible for the emergence of artisan breads in the Saratoga/Lake George region several years ago. It used to be the only place you could buy unusual gourmet breads and was often sold in local supermarkets before they figured out there was a market for it and maybe they should bake it themselves.

Nevertheless, they still make it better.

Visited February 2014