“Catching up with friends”

Downtown City Tavern
Ranked #4 of 78 Restaurants in Glens Falls
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
New York
“Catching up with friends”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I caught up with our friends in Glens Falls and they mentioned this restaurant. We had drinks and pizza. We sat outside and the food and drinks were great!

New Orleans, Louisiana
“High School reunion!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The appetizers and drink were excellent. Service was also very good. A new hot spot for Glens Falls!

Visited July 2014
Clifton Park, New York
“Ordinary at best”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The atmosphere wasn't anything special and neither was the food for the most part. I got a burger, which was cooked well and was decent itself. However the bun did not taste like anything. The lettuce was old and the tomato anemic. Fries were just average, although I did ask for them without the garlic seasoning. Pizza was decent if you like thin crust, a much better choice than the burger, but others I was dining with commented that the dough didn't have much flavor. A friend got the chicken wings, apparently they are baked, but they still looked pretty greasy to me. You can choose from several dipping sauces, some interesting choices, but no buffalo and the wings are not coated in a sauce. Not would I would consider to be wings. There were some unique or at least interesting items on the menu, but I found the menu to be somewhat limited.

• Visited June 2014
King George, Virginia
“Delicious Food, Pleasant Atmosphere”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

This was my first visit to this totally refurbished downtown eatery and I really enjoyed it. Regarding the food and menu, my wife found the spinach and chicken panini to be very satisfying as did three of my five children who devoured their made-to-order burgers. My romaine salad was nothing special, but contained fresh ingredients and was very good. Two of the children had chocolate milkshakes that they said were very good. I would've liked to have tried the wood-fired oven baked pizza, which I understand is their speciality, but I couldn't get any takers in my booth to join me - oh well, next time!

The service and dining experience was average. We had to wait about ten minutes for a table and the hostess apologized repeatedly. The waiter was friendly, but didn't check on us much, which was a bit frustrating when the kids finished their milkshakes and wanted glasses of water. It really isn't a kid-friendly atmosphere, tailoring more toward the business/professional clientele. Still, the kids liked the food and we all enjoyed our dining out.

• Visited May 2014
Troy, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What food are you not out of?”
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

We were excited to try Dowtown City Tavern for the first time. First impression was not so great because we waited 10 minutes for a waiter to take our drink order. Many excellent food selections on the menu. We decided on a couple that stood out, one being the lamb burger. When ordering the waitress began listing what they were out of. Round two of ordering, we settled on our second choices. After being served our delicious wings, we were told that they were out of tavern fries and the only subsitute they offered was a salad. The waitress did however accommodate after asking for the beet/goat cheese salad instead of a plain salad.

If you do decide to go to FT FT