“chicken bacon salad”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of 132 Glen Bistro - CLOSED

132 Glen Bistro
Cuisines: American, Italian, French
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Glens Falls, New York, United States
“chicken bacon salad”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

This salad is amazing, huge chunks of grilled chicken, shaved cheddar cheese and of course bacon!!!! well worth every $$ get it with the oriental ginger dressing..love it

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Lisa B

Long Island, NY
“Treated like regulars on our first visit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Not only did we have a terrific meal at 132 Glen Bistro but we were made to feel like we were regulars even though we were just visiting for the first time. My husband still can't stop raving about his meal and service. I had the Salmon which was prepared perfectly and my husband had the Shrimp and Scallops in a pesto cream sauce. I couldn't resist ordering the peach ice cream cake with caramel and pecan sauce which was prepared by the owners wife Patty... it was delicious and I HAD to tell her so!!! The butternut soup was a little peppery whichthe waitress did notice thatI did not finish and she was professional enough to ask if it was OK. I would have never complained, as pepper can be personal taste but she was very sweet and genuine when she said she would let the chef know. I was never made to feel uncomfortable for my comment. I would absolutely recommend this restaurant and my husband I look forward to visiting again when we are in town!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Cali1961
Cumming, Georgia
“Wonderful food!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

This restaurant is a "neighborhood gem"!!! The food is deliciously prepared by the Chef and they accommodate special requests gladly. We have eaten there several times and have never been disappointed. The desserts are all homemade and awesome...especially the Carrot Cake....delicious!!! Service is wonderful and they always appreciate your business!!! A wonderful place to have a delicious lunch/dinner!!!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Jan B
Albany, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food & service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

My husband, 3 year old and I came in for lunch on Wednesday after catching the Sesame Street Live show at the Civic Center. We found it by chance and already we can't wait to go back! The service was superb~ despite the full dining room when we arrived, we were promptly seated, offered beverages and warm, homemade bread and had our food out in a timely manner. Both servers were friendly and attentive without being overbearing. They were really nice to our daughter as well which was greatly appreciated.

The menu is just the right size- not too many options where you get lost reading through it but enough so there's something to satisfy everyone's tastes. We started off with the onion au gratin soup and chili. Both were perfectly seasoned- the chili was hearty and while the crouton and cheese in the onion soup was deliciously melty and soaked up the broth nicely.

My husband had the Cuban sandwich served with a pasta salad which he loved. Not a huge fan, I didn't have any of his sandwich but the salad was great! I had the shrimp & scallop penne with pesto cream sauce. It was simply amazing. The shrimp (16-20) and scallops (sea ones, not the bay) were huge and plentiful! I was shocked at the amount of food we got for the price. A liberal application of the provided parmesan cheese made the dish. My daughter and I fought for the last little bit of penne and being a 3 year old, it shows how excellent the food was that she ate it all without fuss and clamored for more.

This was by far one of the most delicious meals we've ever had and cannot wait to head back there soon.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank EliArcher
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Won't be back”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

The menu was interesting, the food alright and the service fine until after we paid the check (with an appropriate tip) and the hospitality disappeared at 8 pm on a Saturday night--there was one other party in the dining room and we apparently did not leave fast enough for the waitress who started to loudly sweep out the dining room and restroom, grab our napkins and water glasses and all but insist we leave immediately. We won't be back

• Visited January 2014