“We always stop here on the way north”

Carl R's Cafe Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #46 of 78 Restaurants in Glens Falls
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Philadelphia, PA
“We always stop here on the way north”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Its a diner. Full menu for a family, even the pickiest. Clean bathrooms. Actually very good service. Good stop off 87 with gas stations available. You don't go here for a romantic dinner but our family has been stopping here for over ten years and the kids (now adults) insist we go here and nowhere else on the way to Vermont. Great tortilla chips and salsa dips. Nice wait staff-ALWAYS. Accommodating for minor changes to the offerings. Easy stop to and go. Safe parking lot and a good respite for the long travelers like us. Our vacation starts when we stop here.

• Visited August 2013

South Glens Falls, New York
“Mexican type eatery - but many items on menu”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

This is a very nice eatery with a nice bar area. $4 Margarittas all the time. Besides all the Mexican dishes, my favorite is the rack of ribs the have. They are the best I have had all up and down the east coast from Maine to Florida. All dishes are very good and a at good price. Live entertainment on Fri/Sat a lot of the time.

Visited June 2013
Fort Edward, New York
“Very satisfied with Carl R's”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Being locals, we patronize Carl R's quite frequiently and find that through out the years our experience has always been a pleasant one. They have great drink and food specials every day. The restaurant is bright, clean, cheerful and a great place for families to eat. The employees are always friendly and helpful. Our experience with the food and drinks are always very good and we will continue to give Carl R's our business.

• Visited July 2013
Lake George
“Family Owned & Operated Restaurant!”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Kudos to the Carl R's ads: "consistently good American & Tex-Mex food, friendly, prompt service, reasonable prices, and a comfortable family atmosphere ... just ask anyone!" I love eating at Carl R's for these reasons but also for the ambiance of a well established local restaurant. The "Mom & Pop" places are too readily disappearing being displaced by national chains which offer little to the community. It is so refreshing to be greeted by the owner and staff who know me by name and know that I will be eating less preserved and higher quality foods. Also love the complimentary chips & salsa!

• Visited June 2013
Bristol, Vermont
“Not what it used to be...”
Reviewed 28 March 2013

I used to often travel back and forth to Oklahoma with my parents in the 1980's and 1990's, and I remember eating at Carl R's almost every trip. Granted I was just a kid, but my parents always loved it, and I had good memories of it.

Fast forward to October 2012, at 38 years old (again traveling with my parents), and things have gone waaaaaaay downhill at Carl R's...

We were "greeted" by a gruff server, seated, and then basically forgotten for the duration of our meal. My father was happy with his burger, but the pasta dish I orderd was bland and watery. Nobody ever came by to ask how we were doing (and I totally would have ordered - and paid for - a different option). When she asked if we wanted our check, she saw my plate of uneaten food but didn't bother to ask if there was a problem - she handed me a "to-go" container that she already had in her hands.

So...terrible service, and my food was awful.

• Visited October 2012