“A family favorite”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We love the sushi choices and the hibachi tables!!! The staff is very friendly and the food is delicious! A go to place for special occasions. We will definitely be back!

2  Thank Angela G

Reviewed 9 April 2013

The service was great and the dinner was just awesome and very filling too. It is worth every single penny.! Will definitely come back again.

1  Thank momlove2bake
Reviewed 15 January 2013

I went there for the first and probably last time in Oct. 2012. A friend told me they had great sushi there. I'm not a fan of sushi but I love shrimp and vegetable Tempora. I decided to give it a try. On arrival we were promptly seated. I and my friend decided to try a beef roll (something like that) appetizer. It came out drenched in oil that tasted like the deep fryer hadn't been changed in a long time. I was not optimistic about my Tempora and I should have canceled the order right there and got something else but decided to tough it out. Well, my Tempora was just what I expected; the same old greasy taste. I had to remove the coating in order to eat it. I should have really just sent it back. The worst thing about it it though was that the dipping sauce was ice cold. I have eaten tempora at every Japanese restaurant I ever went to, literally dozens in NYC, Chicago, LA, and I have never had the dipping sauce served to me ice cold before. Sort of defeats the purpose of ordering a hot meal if you're going to cool it down with an ice cold sauce. The waitress nuked it to make it hot. My friend order the chicken terryaki which looked good and which he said tasted good too. So my advice to anyone eatting here is to skip anything that is deep fried. Since Tempora is the only reason I eat Japanese I will not be going to this place again.

1  Thank Carmen S
Reviewed 23 November 2012 via mobile

My husband fancies himself to be an expert in Japanese food. He lived in Japan for a couple of years, so he is a tough critic of most " Japanese" places in America. He was impressed with Mikado. It is clear they are following some very strict rules. The clear chicken broth soup was flavoful and acted as a subtle enhancer to my hibachi salmon lunch. I asked for a green salad and got one with a nice gingery dressing. My husband ordered shrimp tempura soup dish with noodles. The broth had spices unknown to us Sushi was Ok. The one aspect of the restaurant that needs improvent is the screens and hangings. The place needs freshening. A torn screen in the window greets you, a dirty hanging is at the entrance as you push into the vestibule. It all is off putting.

1  Thank ShelleyinBoston
Reviewed 15 October 2012

I have eaten sushi at a great majority of the restaurants north of latham, ny. I have to say that Mikado is my favorite place to go. Even though the building is somewhat old, The food and Sushi always delivers! From where I live, I would rather drive the same distance to glens falls than to saratoga springs for their food. Prices are more than fair and the service is excellent as well. Danny always has delicious weekly special rolls too.

1  Thank joe s