“Unexpected Roadside Surprise!”

ambrosia Diner
Ranked #21 of 78 Restaurants in Glens Falls
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 10 October 2013

While driving from Skaneatles to Rouses Point, we stopped in Glens Falls for gas and a leg stretch. It was near dinner time and while we didn't want to go to Ambrosia Diner as it is on a ramp off the interstate, we didn't want to go to Friendly's even more.

Very cute welcoming bright decor. I had chowder and a cobb salad and husband also had a cobb. I'm bummed that we didn't order more just to see how it was because what we had was really good. We are from Portland, Oregon thus sort of food snobs and Ambrosia passed the test with flying colors. The cobb had cranberries in it which was a nice addition...all ingredients were fresh. This salad wasn't sitting around in the back wilting for the day. If my husband had sunflower seeds on his, it would have been the "perfect food to eat for the rest of my life."

Service was quick and friendly.

3  Thank mmoc65

Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stopped by for brunch on the way home from a camping trip in Lake George. East access fromt he Northway.
The place is very new and has a nice retro diner decor.We arrrived right at the lunchtime peak (on a Sunday) but were seated quickly.
The food was typical diner fare, but came quickly, was hot and tasty. My husband and I were very happy with our omelette choices and the home fries were very tasty. I usually dose them with ketchup but this time I ate them without ketchup to enjoy the flavor.
The service was friendly and not rushed.
We bought some baklava to go andf it was very luscious! You coudl tell it was home-made.

My only complaint was that they seemed to charge for various subsitutions on the home fries and toast that came with the omelette.

2  Thank bluesmama11
Reviewed 15 June 2013

We have eaten here twice and both times were great. They have a huge selection on the menu. Their soups are good, sandwiches are great and their dinners were fantastic. They have their own bakery at the restaurant and you have to see their desserts to believe them... great chocolate eclairs, bakalava, cheesecakes, cookies, tarts (too big for one person!). I'd recommend this place to everyone.

2  Thank DianeLBG