“Good thing we had a gift card!”
Review of Aimies Dinner And Movie - CLOSED

Aimies Dinner And Movie
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Glens Falls, New York
“Good thing we had a gift card!”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We hadn't been here in a few years so we tried it out after receiving a gift card for Christmas. The chicken in both of our dishes was over cooked and dry and the mash potatoes were too garlicky to eat. The service was also bad; I went over an hour with an empty water glass and we waited 25 minutes after the movie to receive change. Perhaps it was an off night for the place but we won't be spending our money there anytime soon.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank MelissaC6

Angus, Canada
“Great spot for date night.”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

My boyfriend who grew up in Glens Falls recommended this place so we went and saw Gravity. The staff here all seem to love the concept of dinner and a movie as one experience. The booths are very comfortable and made viewing the movie enjoyable. I ordered the blackened chicken with penne alfredo. The chicken was done very well, not salty like some cook's idea of blackening. The real star was the alfredo sauce, we were both impressed by it and my boyfriend ended up almost totally ignoring his dish to steal my pasta! It was perfectly creamy and flavoured, not like some very bland alfredos I have had, this is what alfredo sauce is supposed to taste like. I really enjoyed the selection of craft beers here, not the standard macro-brewed stuff you find at most places. Each beer has a name and a story, I chose a very hoppy IPA and quite enjoyed it, not something I can say about most chain restaurants! The service was good without being invasive, they know you're trying to watch a movie, lol.

I would definitely recommend this place to anyone and hope to visit again in future!

• Visited January 2014
Queensbury, New York
“Wonderful wait staff, friendly and efficient”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

The curved, padded booths are comfy and fun to watch the movie from while eating your dinner. Stick to the basics (salads, soup and burgers) as anything else is a crap shoot as to how it will taste. Reservations are recommended, and the movie screen is good size. A fun night, always.

• Visited January 2014
Queensbury, New York
“Great place!”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I've frequented this place for years and the food is always good. The staff is friendly and eager to please their guests. Great concept, good people, current movies... what more could you ask? Please frequent Aimee's so we can keep this glens falls landmark around for a long long time! Perfect if you're looking for something to-do this winter, downtown is beautiful.

• Visited December 2013
“Perfect Combination”
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

Aimies combines to great things into one awesome thing. Seats are really comfy and they play really good new movies. The appetizers are great the main meal could be a little better but when you are watching a movie its hard to notice. If you cant decide movie or dinner or you dont have enough time to do both this is your place.

• Visited November 2013