“Pretty disgusting”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Glens Falls
Toronto
“Pretty disgusting”
Reviewed 1 August 2009

Not too sure where to start.. we booked pretty last minute and ended up paying 120 a night. The room looks like it's straight out of a horror movie, or the 40s... old, dated furtniture, horrible uncomfortable tiny "double" bed and the worst part - the bed sheets were paper thin with holes in them! Thats just not acceptable for any hotel.

The mattress had stains all over it and it took a while to convince myself to sleep on it... which i did, but kept my clothes on...

there are better options - STAY AWAY.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
New Jersey
Reviewed 4 August 2008

This is the first time I have stayed in a budget hote lsince my college days. FIst off, when we checked into our room we were the third group of guests to check in to a mostly empty but fully booked Hotel. It was an hour after the normal check in time and we were running a little late for an appointment. When we went to our room after checking in it wasn't made up. We went back to the front desk , mentioned we were in a hurry and that the room wasn't ready and we would like another room. The clerk told us she wasn't allowed to change room assignments. I then asked for the manager and was told the manager was off site. I asked the clerk to call the manager on the phone and she told me she couldn't do that. When we finally got to our room I found it clean and the bed was good too. I believe they must have just replaced the mattresses because ours seemed brand new. For a budget hotel it was better than I expected. The main drawback of the room was the carpet, it is what you would expect from a budget hotel. I found it odd that as I was grabbing my bags at 11:05 AM on the day of checkout to leave the phone rang. It was the front desk reminding me that it was check out time. I have never had this happen to me before.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank dandy92
Laval
Reviewed 24 March 2008

Make sure you book all Super 8 visits online at least one week prior since we paid $95 for a two queen bed room although the same room in Connecticut cost $60 if booked in advance!

There are rebate coupons in the gas stations/rest areas on the main highways that can reduce your cost significantly. Unfortunately not all Super 8 hotels participate since they are managed as franchises. This hotels only gives a CAA or AAA rebate.

The walls in this hotel are paper thin, so you absolutely can hear everything from the two rooms next to yours. Not a good idea if you travel with toddlers since they may disturb neighbors or the TV of your next room can be a nuisance after 10pm - BIG TIME! Had to complain a the reception who called the room immediately to ask them to lower the volume.

Breakfast was amazingly good quality for a motel. Excellent service and great choice whilst watching the news on a TV.

Overall the service was what made this place worth writing about. The rest depends on your budget since there is a Holiday Inn next door for $165 and up per room.

• Liked — Customer service was #1 considering it's a motel
  • Disliked — Noise from rooms next to yours!
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank uberstock
Parsippany, NJ
Reviewed 5 August 2007

Stayed with my family of four (2 adults, 2 kids) for 2 night in August 2007. No, this is not a 4 or 5 star hotel. It is a budget motel with modest accommodations. As between spending $400 per night to stay in Saratoga Springs - or $110 per night about 15 miles north in Glens Falls - I'll save the money, take the drive and stay at the Super 8. We stayed in Room 230 which had 2 double beds and appeared to be newly renovated. In fact, the 2 rooms we saw were newly renovated. Hotel is convenient to Route 87, convenient to many local amenities (supermarket, McDonalds, bagel place). Bathroom was clean and functional. If you are looking for marble tile and brass fixtures, spend $300 more per night and look somewhere else. If' you're planning a short stay in Saratoga or Lake George, and plan to be in your room principally for sleeping and showering, this hotel is fine. The money saved on the hotel can be used for dining or activities. I did not find the hotel to be a dump or unclean. It was functional/practical/economical/convenient.

• Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank tfinchler
Toronto
Reviewed 29 August 2006

Where to begin. At checkin clerk told me I was the last one getting a room. They had overbooked by 5 rooms. Dirty room, ancient bedding, insects in room. Free continental breakfest had no coffee, not even coffee cups, and only a few stale donuts (at 830am). Outrageousely overpriced. See Photos.

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — room cleanliness
  • Tips/Secrets — Sleep in your car instead.
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank Ellis2

Travellers are raving about these Glens Falls hotels

Rockaway Twp, NJ
Reviewed 5 July 2006

My room at the Super 8 Glens Falls had the worst bed I've ever slept in. The mattress padding is so thin, you can feel the springs digging into your body when you're lying in it. At $105.00 per night, maybe they should "spring" for some new mattresses!

• Stayed June 2006
Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George
Quality Inn Glens Falls
Quality Inn Glens Falls
#4 of 6 in Glens Falls

Been to Super 8 Queensbury Glens Falls? Share your experiences!