“Mediocre with unfriendly service”
Review of Urban Zing - CLOSED

Urban Zing
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Tried here following a recommendation - I usually go to Roshni's. After 2 attempts of ordering by phone I arrived to collect but the service was cold, unfriendly and uninformative - I had to deal with 3 people to collect and pay for dinner but just got a mutter between each! The meal itself was ok, but I never got the onion bhagi I ordered so no idea what that was like. The paneer starter was nice but the chicken tikka main was very spicy. I don't mind spicy food at all, if it's what I'm expecting but tikka isn't usually - unless the indian restaurants I've eaten at for years client know their own cuisine. The tarka dhal was pretty spicy, and too watery for my liking. Garlic naan was nice and so were the chutneys. Overall it was ok, but nothing to shout about. I certainly won't be trying the buffet and unlikely to go back again.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Had dinner with 3 friends in Urban Zing, The food was ok but not extraordinary. The location itself is good but there is a lack of privacy if sitting by the window.
Drinks are very expensive (£21 for 3 beers).
If going for a curry in Slough I would strongly recommend going to Roshni's instead.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Visited on the off-chance for a late lunch and glad I did. The lunchtime buffet is good value, though they could do better on desserts - only two choices. There was a good choice of main dishes - not extensive, but perfectly adequate. The food was tasty, well-presented and plentiful. The restaurant was very clean and the service was attentive. I would visit again.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

In Staines for a meeting...Lunchtime. The place looked Ok and did a buffet menu
So we give it a try : Prices reasonable Service not bad Nice & clean ..as was the loos Food ...fresh ..hot ...but a bit bland : I would only use this restaurant for lunch and would not come here for an evening meal unless I wanted a quick bite before the cinema It looks better from the outside than it really is

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Nothing special but not bad. I would go again. Buffets are a bit bland and safe and this is no exception. The restaurant is well decorated and clean.