“Ideal campsite for Thorpe Park & Central London”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Staines
Laleham Camping Club
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Good little site if it's family camping on a budget that you are after. Ten mins drive from Thorpe Park. We also hit Central London a few days; best bet is to drive to Hounslow West tube station (15mins) then get the Piccadiily line - don't go to Hatton Cross as although nearer is twice the car parking cost.

All in all, recommended for a no frills campsite where you don't intend to spend too much time at the site but to use as a base.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Matt B
AnneE43, Secretary at Laleham Camping Club, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2015

Hi Matt

Many thanks for your review. Apologies for the delay in responding to it (we have only just established how to respond to reviews on here lol).

Please come back and visit us again. I totally agree about Hatton X underground station, but don't forget Staines over ground which is only a short distance away from the site, gets you into London Waterloo in around 35 minutes.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I dont tend to leave things like this but Having read some of the reviews on here I was a little worred about staying here. BUT these people must spent all there time in a 5* hotel and have unreasonable standards. We had a fantastic time, so much so that my 5 and 8 year old girls cried because they didnt want to leave. it is right on the river with a lovely walk in to staines. There is a great play area in the middle for the kids, where they made lots of friends, most of the familys there come back several time in a year. The showers and toilets are cleaned every day from 11 to 12. The lady running the site was very helpful, she showed up to the pich and pointed out where everything was. There is some lovely pubs within walking distance and a helpful village shop just round the corner. These a big supermarket 10min drive away aswell.

All in all this is a very friendly family campsite, very well priced and a joy to visit. Really looking forward to coming back next year.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank leeandtinas

Hi guys

Many thanks for your great review of the campsite. Apologies that we have taken so long to respond to your review, (we have only just understood how to leave responses lol).

Come back and stay with us next season.

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We had out first experience of family camping this week so was very unsure how the children would be. All our fears were put at ease with a lovely big safe area for the children to run about (there were 11 children from 4 families in our group). We had two sets of french school trips stay during the week and they were very messy in the showers/toilets but the cleaner was amazing and at 12 noon everyday would clean them very well.Yes there are spiders but not any that you wouldn't expect from facilities that are open 24/7!
We made friends with campers and members alike we didn't have any trouble with noise (yes the planes overhead first thing in morning and last ones at 11pm were loud but you would only notice two or three at night and morning.
The river is a lovely walk great for feeding ducks and watching boats go by.

Our children loved the park and sandpit and being able to be free. They even had a disco on Saturday and a movie night on Wednesday with popcorn!

Pleanty of water points around the site and washing facilities for clothes and washing up and plugs in the washrooms for chargers etc.

we really did have a great week and can't wait to return next year. Well done Laleham campsite!

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Laura R
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We are new to the world of camping and so needed a gentle introduction, Laleham campsite gave us just such an experience. We got into camping as our son goes to a scouts group and has been on a trip with them. Since then we have organised a family camping trip with the scouts group and felt as though we needed to practice. We bought a secondhand tent and phoned round the local camp sites to ask if we could practice setting up the tent. At Laleham camp site they allowed us to do this free of charge!!. The two ladies we spoke with were very polite and very good with the kids, something my wife and I find very important as we have a seven year old boy and a twenty month old baby girl. That was about three weeks ago and as a result we decided to go back to Laleham and stay for two night as a practice run for the family scouts trip coming up. All I can say is that we intend to go back to Laleham because it was such a positive experience!!!!!!! We have made new friends, everyone was polite and chatty and when we asked for advice it was readily and willingly given without making us feel unwelcome or out of place. I would recommend staying there and on reflection only wish we had taken the plunge and booked to stay longer. We will return.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Jamesnrachel
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Not normally one to write a review but was looking at going camping soon and remembered staying at this campsite last year. It was not a great experience and will definitely NOT be returning here! Camping with the kids was supposed to be a nice relaxing break.Yes the location was great for us, loved being right by the river and the kids enjoyed the little park but the people staying in the permanent tents were very ignorant, they seemed to think they were the only ones on the campsite. Friday night there was a big group of rowdy drunks singing at the top of their voice's. No one being considerate our children were sleeping. We could not believe the noise level at 10pm on Sat, could not get our children to sleep as they were having a disco and we had to listen to it until the early hours. There was a big group of very drunk loud people which for a family friendly campsite I think is very unacceptable, they had no thought for anyone else asleep in the field in a tent. After sleeping on an air bed that went down and listening to the noise all night everyone was so tired the next day it was hard to stay awake to enjoy our day. There was no one to complain to about the noise after 8pm and could not go into the building to complain as the people were rude and unapproachable. Totally ruined our weekend!! If you want to go camping to chill out and have some peace I would not stay here which is a shame as it is not far to travel for us. We got home needing a break!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank emma h
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I and my family stayed here for a week in a motorhome.

On the way to the site we were held up by a big crash on the motorway, we were to have arrived there for 5pm however we arrived at 10.02pm exactly.

We went to the main entrance only to find it locked.

After trying (in vein) to wake the elderly lady that we could see asleep in an armchair in the so called reception caravan we decided to sleep in the carpark in the rear.

This resulted in a very rude lady ordering us off the carpark and refusing to open the main gate to let us in (even though we had paid in advance) stating I do not want any commitee members being woken up else she would loose her job, then another warden came up and said "I will let you in this time but don't do it again".

Next morning I aired my views on this policy very politely with absolutely no response other than "the rules are there so that you do not disturb other campers", I found this laughable as the campsite is directly under the flight path to Heathrow and there were constant LOUD aircraft overhead.

The next day we went to Thorpe Park but had to leave early due to my young 4 year old being injured in the park.. I called the campsite to let them know we were in the hospital with him and were unsure on what time we would be back.. i was informed calmly.. "if your back after 10pm i will lock the gate as i need my sleep, you people make me mad", I said "if it were your child/grandchild or a committee members child, I bet you'd let THEM in", I was met with a hurl of abuse with expletives!

You guessed it we didn't get there until 10.30pm!!

These are the facts about this place:
The site in general is clean.
It has some nice climbing frames etc for the children.
The toilets are NOT clean and are absolutely infested with spiders.
There is one bin area (infested with wasps).
There are no hard standings.
The shop was a joke! Never open unless a committee official ran out of something.
Rules for the park are located in the toilet cubicles and are ridiculou, one of which states "no balls other than sponge balls as they damage members tents".. as I said they are laughable.
If you have a caravan then you have to leave your car in the carpark at the far rear of the site.

I have one sentence to explain this site:
Rude, unsympathetic, Them & us mentality.

My advice to motorhome owners.. forget it. Find somewhere else!

I would rate this site 1 star out of 5, a rules gone mad place as well as a REAL them vs us attitude.

Ask yourself this, who refuses access to a pre paid booking to a 4 year old child coming out of hospital who could have almost lost his eye... They have NO feelings not even for a child!

• Stayed: August 2013
12  Thank pccheaters
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We've been coming here for about 6 yrs, we camp here as a base when we visit thorpe park, chessington world of adventures and legoland.
We also drive down to London at night ( to avoid the congestion charge) which is about 25 ish miles away.
The campsite itself is quite small, nice clean toilets/ shower block. Kids play area, bin area, and lots of water taps. Cars are NOT allowed on site except for arriving and departing but there's a free car park next. There is also a council run car park the other side and a public park.the Thames runs along side the campsite and there are always things going on, rowers, barges etc.
Yes it's directly under the flight path of heathrow, but it doesn't bother us, the kids try to guess what company the planes are lol !
All in all good place to camp for a short break :)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family