“Great value, stylish & clean”
Review of The Stanwell Hotel

The Stanwell Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Staines
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Great value, stylish & clean”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Location next to Heathrow Airport was ideal for our weekend, and with the windows closed, the planes could not be heard. The hotel rooms are large and well decorated, bathroom clean and modern and bar and breakfast faciltiies looked lovely - although we weren't able to use them given our other plans. Would recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
stanwellhotel, General Manager at The Stanwell Hotel, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Dear CLY1980

Thank you for posting your review of The Stanwell Hotel on Tripadvisor. I am so pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully, when you are next in the area, you will sample our restaurant and bar offerings which I am sure you will enjoy.

Thank you again for your kind comments.

Kind regards

Sheldon Baudach

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Staffordshire
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I stayed at The Stanwell on 26th and 27th July for my birthday. The room was lovely and the bathroom excellent. All the staff were very helpful especially the receptionist. On the Friday evening I joined a group of friends for the "Elvis" tribute night. The meal was delicious and Elvis was excellent and the atmosphere was great as everyone got up to dance. Breakfast was superb especially the fruits and there was so much choice! After a lovely day out we decided to stay at the hotel for the BBQ with a live group on! I had my dog with me and the Restaurant Manager arranged for an outside table for us all. The BBQ and group were again excellent. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel for either a stopover for Heathrow, a lovely weekend away with live music or just to go for a meal with entertainment. I will definitely be going back.

Room Tip: They are all lovely. 1st floor rooms have a balcony with a view over the lovely garden.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank FranB7
Dear FranB7

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Stanwell Hotel and I am of course delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be passing your kind comments on to the team.

Thank you for using Tripadvisor and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards

Ashby-de-la-Zouch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I was interested in seeing what this hotel would be like based on the feedback here so far. I'm a frequent stayer at Heathrow, normally in the bigger hotels when on business trips via the airport, and know that rates are often at a premium given the popularity of the airport. I was curious, then, when we got a very good rate at this hotel, for two adults, plus our infant son and our dog. As it was for one night, we thought that even if it wasn't great, then I'm sure it would do.

The night before we travelled, we realised that we could not find the confirmation email. We phoned to check that they had our booking, and a helpful person said yes, and offered to re-send the email. He also said that he would send directions, as it was hard to find, and to call if we got lost on our way. As it turned out, it was not quite so hard to find.

We were warmly welcomed by the staff, who went out of their way to make a fuss over both my son and my dog. They offered help in moving things from the car. The room was decorated to a better than average style for a three star hotel, with a large flat screen television, and a travel cot. There was plenty of space for the four of us. We left the window open, and there was some background noise, but nothing unusual for being so close to the airport. We arrived for breakfast ten minutes before it was advertised as starting, but staff were already on hand to help. When we asked if we could sit outside and keep our dog with us, that was fine and it felt that nothing was too much trouble. There was a continental style breakfast buffet, with a hot breakfast being ordered separately. The bacon and sausages tasted good, and the sausage was meaty.

I could not fault the stay. Yes, it was not as luxurious a set up as the big brand names near by, but it was significantly cheaper, and I could bring my dog. There were quiet areas of the garden and even a small water feature. All of the staff that we encountered were customer focused, helpful and friendly. I would certainly stay again.

Room Tip: If you are travelling with a dog & baby, room 49 is designed for that...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MarkH1973
stanwellhotel, General Manager at The Stanwell Hotel, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Dear MarkH1973

Thank you for posting such a positive review on Tripadvisor. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that we exceeded your initial expectations. I was also pleased to read that our staff were welcoming, accomodating and customer focused.
I do hope you return to The Stawell hotel in the very near future as we are in the middle of refurbishing many of our executive bedrooms and I am confident you will appreciate the improvements.

Kind regards,

Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2013

As I was also at this event and have also attended several other live music events at this venue, I feel as though I must reply to the previous comments.

I agree with several comments with respect to the staff being helpful but cannot condone some comments made by obvious followers of the band. I was watching all night and the large majority of the audience it appeared was composed of friends and relations of the band, it was indeed them that was dancing most of the time, as you would expect.

The layout has been used on several occasions with no real problem. On this particular evening there was also another birthday party being held in the hotel. As the band were playing loud lively music I think they were asked to try and lower the volume to accommodate the other party. I can only assume this is what happened, as the lead singer constantly and very unprofessionally in my opinion, made several comments over the remainder of the first set, about the other function and the band having to play in a quieter way. Good music does not have to be loud.
As I attended for both the BBQ (which was very nice) also the music, I chatted to other people who were sitting having their food in the restaurant, who commented that the band were louder than normal.
I feel that the band were not the correct choice for this venue although they were quite good.

With reference to prices this is an hotel in the London area, so do not expect pub bar prices !

I feel the previous " Excellent band...." review is a little tainted...

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank James H
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Dd t actually stay overnight at the hotel but went there to watch a band with some friends. The hotel staff were friendly but don't really seem to have a clue what was going on! The layout was strange and not really right for a band. The band themselves were excellent and really created some atmosphere in what was otherwise a very dull, lifeless arena. We almost left but stayed because we were enjoying ourselves so much! Quite expensive, well we spent a fortune anyway! The bar/restaurant area itself was very clean and modern looking. Unfortunately the evening was spoiled by some people complaining about the noise of the band (they certainly weren't a rock/punk band so I'm baffled about this!!) and in addition to this, everyone there seemed to be up dancing....makes me wonder if the mystery people complaining were actually the staff! I'm sure the rooms are ok and although a bit bland the downstairs area and staff are pleasant enough but I personally wouldn't stage a party or wedding here. There was no real presence or atmosphere about the place. I would go back to watch this band again though!xx

• Stayed July 2013
stanwellhotel, General Manager at The Stanwell Hotel, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Dear Harriett82,

Thank you for your recent review posted on Tripadvisor. I welcome any and all feedback as a tool to improve our service where required, I am pleased to note you enjoyed the entertainment on the day, however noted your comment about the layout not being suitable for a band. We have hosted numerous bands over the past few years with fantastic feedback from both our guests and the entertainers themselves.

With regards to the volume of the music, I can confirm that the complaints received about the volume of the band were in fact from another function in one of our private rooms and not the hotel staff. As I am sure you will appreciate, we are here to facilitate, to the best of our abilities, all guests requirements on any occasion to ensure that we meet the expectations of as many of our guests as possible.

Once again thank you for your feedback.

Regards,

High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Stayed here the night after a family wedding.
The moment we arrived you were made welcome right away, the receptionist was very quick and precise.
The room was clean, spacious and comfortable with everything you needed.
It was also quiet considering its on the heathrow flight path.
We had a very nice breakfast in the morning which was very well presented and wholesome.
I found all the staff to be friendly and helpful at all times, and if I was travelling from heathrow it is a very nice place to stay.

london
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We stayed here for one night following a wedding. Prior to arriving I'd had cause to ask a couple of questions by email & the replies were instant each time. Very commendable.We arrived late but were dealt with very promptly, check-in was very easy.
The room was spotless, modern & had all the facilities that you could need including some welcome extras like mini wines, bottled water & some Cadburys chocolate fingers, which unfortunately had suffered slightly due to the heat (but if we had checked in earlier they may not have lasted long enough to start melting). A night in the cooler air of the balcony soon sorted them out. The heat would have been my only complaint of the hotel, no air con. Again, the bathroom was spotlessly clean with an excellent choice of complimentary toilettries as well as toiletry dispensers by the shower & basin. Luckily we were first floor so had the door open all night & slept on top of the bedding.
Despite being near Heathrow & having our door open the area was quiet & peaceful.
Breakfast was very nice, cereals, fruit, juices & pastries as a buffet and waiter service for full english. The food was excellently cooked & tea & coffee was served in pots holding several cups each.
Check-out was as easy as checking-in. All the staff were helpful & attentive & the hotels partnership with Elite Cabs was very useful. Cab fare from the hotel to Heathrow was £12.00, exactly as quoted by the hotel.
Definately one to stay in again of we need to stay in the area.

• Stayed July 2013
stanwellhotel, General Manager at The Stanwell Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Dear bridesmumLondon,

Thank you for using Tripadvisor to post your fantastic feedback after your recent visit to The Stanwell Hotel. I am delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to receive positve feedback which we always share with the team.

Unfortunately we do not currently offer air conditioning in our guest bedrooms but we are looking to rectify this for next summer.

Once again, thank you so much for your kind comments and I trust we will be welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards,

Sheldon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Staines
Sofitel London Heathrow
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport

Been to The Stanwell Hotel? Share your experiences!