“Best Hotel in Staines”
Review of The Stanwell Hotel

The Stanwell Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Staines
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Even with all the flooding I am so glad i chose this hotel to stay in for my 5 day course. Price was competitive and the hotel overall is great. Staff are very attentive and friendly. Love it and will choose this hotel again if I am ever coming over. Still have 1 night left with them.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
stanwellhotel, General Manager at The Stanwell Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Dear BBagha,

Thanks for your review and commendation that The Stanwell is "the Best Hotel in Staines".

The flooding in the Staines area was a fraught time for many, fortunately The Stanwell was unaffected.

I do trust your final night was as pleasurable as the first four. I further hope to see you on your next visit to Staines.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Stayed here on 9th February, we needed a hotel near Terminal 4 as we were picking up our son who was on an early flight. The hotel was very clean and well decorated. The double bed seemed small after our Super Kingsize, but was very comfortable.
Staff very attentive and you could choose from cooked (which was delicious) or continenttal.
Free car parking overnight
Would stay here again

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Madeleine F,

Thank you for your "little Gem" of a review.

At The Stanwell we do try to take the stress out of visiting Heathrow, which can be a very frustrating occurrence. I was happy to read that on this occasion we met your expectations.

I hope to see you at The Stanwell again soon!

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Stayed here for one night to save travelling down very early morning to pick up my daughter from terminal 4 so I arrived on a Sunday night and nipped over at 7 in the morning on a Monday and I'm so glad I did . The hotel was very convenient and very close to heathrow it took me about 10 minutes to get to the terminal and I would definitely do this again it's a lovely clean hotel and has ample safe parking the rooms are very nice and from the minute I arrived I knew I'd picked the right place the staff were friendly and although I didn't eat breakfast because I didn't have time it looked a very good set up the hotel has nice seating and a bar if you fancy a drink like I did after a long journey down I wouldn't hesitate to book there again

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
stanwellhotel, Manager at The Stanwell Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Dear DaveDerbyUK,

Thank you for your 5 star review of The Stanwell.

We do strive to make guests of the hotel feel comfortable and I am glad we were able to make your commute to Heathrow to collect your daughter so “easy”. We also pride ourselves on being a friendly hotel so your comments in this regard were also very pleasing, I will pass them on to the team.

I do hope you book with us again, please contact me directly and I hope I can offer you a competitive deal.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

This is the forth time we have used this hotel when travelling from terminal 4. Always use the park and fly option with an upgraded room. Room service is excellent as is the room. Staff have always been exceptionally friendly . Always feel my car is safe despite being left there for long periods of time , they even sort a taxi for you to Heathrow and return which is always on time. Fortunately for The Stanwell other Heathrow hotels do not come up to your standards.

Room Tip: Book an upgraded room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Golf95

Dear Golf95,

Thank you for your 5 star review! From a regular customer such as you the review is particularly pleasing. Speaking personally I do find that consistency of service can be so hard to find!

I hope you choose us again when next needing to use Terminal 4. I am sure we will meet your expectations once again!

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Just arrived back from a 5 night stay in The Stanwell with work. The hotel was very modern and clean throughout. Stayed in a classic double room, just what you would expect, comfy bed, shower, large tv, safe etc. Breakfast was great, choice of continental or cooked. Steve (Waiter) was fantastic, very helpful and professional as well as talking to the guests and making them feel welcome. The same goes for lunch and dinner, wide variety of food for all taste buds, the bar was nice as well. The location within Staines was fantastic, there are a few pubs/bars down the road and shops/cafes 5 min walk away. The area is also very nice. be careful with the taxi prices getting to the hotel, we payed £35 in a black cab for the 5 minute taxi ride on the way, for the return the hotel reception booked one at £16.50 which was a lot better. All in all, very nice upmarket hotel, would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
stanwellhotel, General Manager at The Stanwell Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Dear Steven A,

I was very happy to read your very kind review. Your comments regarding Steve were particularly pleasing and I will pass these on to him.

A good tip regarding the taxi situation too, please be aware we can book taxi collections, they are a little more than the drop off price but much cheaper than what you will book from the airport terminals.

I do hope you will come back to The Stanwell soon.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Hotel was about 10min drive to terminal 5. We got there after a long drive and chose the hotel as we wanted to relax, so our first room did not cut It. It was drab, lacked furniture and walk hangings and there was a stain on the carpet. Reception were happy to move us to a much improved room at the front of the hotel and this was clean, comfortable and much nicer. It was mildly irritating that the site we saw the room advised on said there would be a DVD player and bathrobes which the hotel knew nothing about.

We ordered room service which was very prompt and reasonably good sandwiches and chips. We had planned to eat in the restaurant but as it was Friday night there was some entertainment on which was very loud and everyone seemed dressed up which put us off this option. We slept well despite the proximity to the airport and checkout for our early morning flight was easy.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Beckie08,

Thanks for taking the time to review your experience of The Stanwell.

I was very happy to read that our reception team was able to accommodate your needs, but a little upset that your expectations were raised to include robes & a DVD player. We don't offer these facilities anywhere in the hotel currently (though we may in the future) so I am sorry the booking site let you down.

We do have events taking place at the hotel from time to time, so I am sorry this inconvenienced you in anyway (there is always a resident area set aside during such events so you would not have been in the way).

Overall, though I assume you enjoyed your stay and I hope to welcome you back to The Stanwell soon.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

I stay at this hotel regularly for work. Its an excellent location as near Heathrow and the office in Ashford. The rooms are spacious, very clean , good décor .. the best part is the restaurant .. good value , range menu choice and serviced with a smile.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jim g
stanwellhotel, General Manager at The Stanwell Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Hi Jim g,

Thank you for taking the time to review us and for rating us so strongly as a business hotel.

Regular guests such as you are vital for our hotel. So it is particularly pleasing to hear your honest, valuable and positive feedback. I will share your comments with the team.

Thank you again!

James Mahaffey

Also consider these accommodations in or near Staines
The Swan Hotel
#4 of 5 in Staines
Mercure London Staines-upon-Thames Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel

Been to The Stanwell Hotel? Share your experiences!