“Beautiful hidden gem near Heathrow.”

The Stanwell Heathrow
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Staines
Reviewed 23 August 2014

This was a wonderful stay, my father and I needed a hotel near Heathrow airport so we headed to the Stanwell. Over all the staff were extremely nice, the rooms were clean and it was a very nice stay. All of the employees were very polite and hospitable, a fellow by Andy was extremely helpful in every aspect. I will be returning...

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Jeffrey004
stanwellhotel, General Manager at The Stanwell Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2014

Dear Jeffrey004,

Thank you for your five star review & promise of returning to the hotel!

I will pass on your comments relating to Andy and indeed the entire hotel staff. We are extremely close to Heathrow airport but just that little further away so we can offer a refreshing alternative to the “usual” airport hotels.

I hope next time you need to visit Heathrow you think of us again.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

My wife and I stayed overnight, while visiting the Windsor. The Stanwell had good reviews (better than more expensive hotels in the area)! It also offered free parking and a reasonable room with breakfast deal. We were not disappointed. All aspects of our stay we rated excellent.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Christopher P

Dear Christopher P,

Thank you for our 5 star review and rating all aspects of your stay “excellent”.

We do try to surpass people’s expectations, so I am very glad that on this occasion we did that for you. It was also nice to see a review where people use the hotel when visiting Windsor.

I trust next time you are in the area you will again choose to stay at The Stanwell.

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night, the room was lovely, the good was really good & the staff were excellent. They even emailed me about some personal bits I left by mistake in the room & then posted them back to me. V. Impressed.
Made a lovely change from the usual Heathrow hotels.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank clubeden1974

Dear clubeden1974,

Firstly thank you for your review!

Here at The Stanwell we do like to offer an alternative to the “usual” Heathrow hotel experience, so when guests notice & comment on this review site we are truly grateful.

I hope next time you are using Heathrow you choose to stay with us.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Went here with 5 boys which is an event wherever I go! The staff were excellent... Specially Trish who was so helpful and kind. After a long journey to get there and have someone with a smile on their face welcome you is so important. All staff excellent and would have no hesitation in recommending such a lovely hotel....

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank Anninriddlesden

Dear Anninriddlesden,

Thanks for taking the time to review the hotel!

I will pass on your kind comment to Trish & the rest of the team. I was very happy to read that you would not hesitate to recommend the hotel as these personal recommendations are the best marketing tool a business such as ours could ask for.

Thanks again and we hope to see you at The Stanwell again soon!

Reviewed 12 August 2014

WE stayed here the night before a flight to New York. We gravelled up from Cornwall, so had toil book this somewhat sight unseen. WE had the most fantastic service from Trish a member of the reception staff who put together a fantastic deal for me including room, parking and transfers to and from the airport. It was such a big help being able to organise all these arrangements with one person, rather than piecing together separate bits - and much cheaper than any alternative I could find.

Given the great price, we were a bit worried, as we have in the past had some very poor experiences near Heathrow, but we need not have worried - the Stanwell is all one could expect - spotless, well appointed and very easy to get to, even for nuns country bumpkins up town for the day!

WE had a very acceptable supper, for not much money, and sat out in the garden until quite late. In the morning the taxi arrived just as promised, and dropped us right at the terminal - all fares etc are picked up by the hotel as your fee is all inclusive.

I would very highly recommend this hotel - and make sure you talk to Trish - she is a superstar!!

Room Tip: There is noise - but it's close to Heathrow, which is kind of the point of coming here!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nick B
stanwellhotel, General Manager at The Stanwell Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Nick B,

Thank you for your 5 out of 5 review!

I will pass on your comments about Trish, she has a genuine warmth that other guest do comment upon, so it is pleasing that you also picked up on this.

It is clear you stayed on our Park & Fly package. We do think it offers excellent value & no stress & who needs stress before flying out on holiday? No one.

I hope next time you travel from Heathrow airport you choose to stay with us again!

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel last minute as a treat away with my partner. Truly glad I did!
We was checked in by Trish and a young blonde lady who I think was training. It was a breath of fresh air to have someone 'normal' on a front desk not reading from a script and so wooden, she was funny, happy and lively exactly what you want after a day travelling.
We had dinner in the restaurant - beautiful food (the tapas is amazing). We was served by a young blonde lady (I didn't catch her name) and she was very cheery and happy however could have done with listening a little better to exactly what we ordered - still this was a minor thing that can happen anywhere.
Upon returning to our room I called reception to ask for a wake up call and have a taxi arranged back to terminal 5 for the morning - this was done quickly and promptly by Trish again.
On check out Trish and the young blonde lady was at the desk again (I'm not sure if they went home) and everything was as smooth as our check in.
And we got a 10% off voucher for our next booking...lovely!
This is a beautiful hotel and the staff are a real credit to it - well done everyone, thank you for a lovely stay and we will see you again towards the end of the year. A special thanks to the reception staff for making our stay so effortless!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank FreeToRoam1955

Dear FreeToRoam,

Thanks for your wonderful 5 out of 5 review!

Your kind comments about the staff (Trish in particular) will be passed on to them as recognition such as yours is excellent for staff motivation. We do try to allow staff to be themselves & add a genuine warmth to how they deal with the guests of the hotel, so to have you reflect on this is excellent.

We do try to carry out the simple tasks both in reception & the restaurant well and smoothly as possible to ensure guests can relax and enjoy their stay. Unfortunately in larger hotels, these details are too often overlooked as unimportant but they have a massive impact on a guest overall experience.

I do hope you choose the Stanwell again soon!

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

You are some of the most polite, friendly people to have served me as a customer. Your rooms are immaculate and comfortable. Your food is delicious, particularly the Tapas and Ice Cream! Breakfast is also a pleasure with so much choice. The pleasure is truly, all mine. STAY HERE!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Bobbyhols

Dear Holibib484,

Thank you, thank you for such a glowing review of the hotel!

Five out of five & a title of “Wonderful” we could not ask for more!

I will pass you kind comments on to all members of the team, as it acts as an excellent tool of motivation, when our hard work is appreciated!

I do hope you will stay with us again very soon!

James Mahaffey

Also consider these accommodations in or near Staines
The Swan Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Travelodge Staines
Travelodge Staines
#5 of 5 in Staines

Been to The Stanwell Heathrow? Share your experiences!