US$122
US$117
  • Free Breakfast
US$118
US$105
Colne Valley B&B(Staines)(Great Value!)
US$83
Free cancellation until 28/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$90
Albany House Bed & Breakfast(Staines)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$77
US$65
Travelocity
All reviewsthorpe parkmini fridgepackage deala river view roomthe hotel car parkbuffet breakfastbus stationground flooran upgradetown centretheme parklovely hotelwedding receptionstaines upon thamesstayed here for one nightfree parkingdouble room
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I booked a privilege room, but my experience at this hotel certainly did not reflect this. I was left waiting 15 minutes at the unmanned reception desk when I tried to check in, and had to go to the bar to find someone in the end. I was then told that, because the car park was full, I would have to park in the Pay and Display round the corner - at my own expense!

The room itself was small but adequately equipped. It was very dusty, though - there was even a spider above the bed - and it had water mark / mould stains on the ceiling.

Even more disappointing was the fact that, despite booking for two people, there was only one of everything provided. One dressing gown, one set of towels, and even one biscuit! Even if only one person were staying in a room, allocating them a single biscuit is outrageously cheap!

I mentioned this to reception, and about the only pleasant member of staff I encountered kindly offered me some wine as compensation, but I was still deeply disappointed with the whole experience.

Also, none of my requests was taken into consideration - high floor (we got the ground floor!) and river view (got a view of the street, where drunk people like to hang out, apparently).

Finally, and even more annoyingly, we were told after we arrived that the restaurant was closed because there was a party on. The riverside restaurant was the main reason I booked the room at the hotel, and I was astounded that they failed to let us know this before our arrival.

Very disappointed indeed, and will definitely not be returning.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jennie S
MercureThamesLodge, General Manager at Mercure London Staines-upon-Thames Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Mercure Staines Thames Lodge, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

I have also discussed with the Duty Manager who informed me that complimentary dinner was offered on terrace which was refused due to your plans of dining out that evening and alternatively bottle of sparkling wine was offered afterwards.

I would like to discuss this with you in person. Please could you contact me on h6620-fb@accor.com.

Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

Unlike some reviewers we had no problem getting a space on the hotel car park (but we arrived Thursday lunchtime so that may be why). Staff at reception were friendly and welcoming. We had requested a room overlooking the Thames and it was worth the extra money, both for the view and the quietness regarding the traffic. However, bear in mind that the railway and Heathrow airport are close by so during the day and evening there is some noise - but we didn't find it intrusive and we normally live in the middle of nowhere! Very quiet at night though so we slept well.

I really enjoyed the cooked breakfasts but there is lots of choice if you aren't so keen!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank AnnW298
MercureThamesLodge, General Manager at Mercure London Staines-upon-Thames Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Thanks for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us.

See you on your next trip hopefully!

Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

Great hotel. Great staff. Amazing rooms and right on the thames.. breakfast was great..loads of choice.wouls stay again. close to buses to thorpe park. Litrally across the road. Leave every 30min. £3.50 each return. Easy jounry of you want to go there..and only 10mins by bus. Had a great time staying here. Hotel is quiet to. Overall great value for money.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit.
I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Our experience was decidedly mixed. I'd like to give this place a higher rating but it would be our of sympathy. Firstly, before arrival, we had been assured there was parking. When we arrived we found the car park was full - a common occurrence we later discovered as there are only about half as many spaces as there are rooms. We were told we could park in the disabled bay until it might be needed.

The lady on reception spoke good English and greeted us as we hauled our bags in. The room had been booked for us and we gave the appropriate name. "No," she said, looking down her list. Worried, we suggested an alternative name that it might have been booked with. "No. No booking." We began to fret. We tried another name and asked to check again. No luck. It had been a long drive. We were getting stressed.

She then asked, "Have you checked in?"

We exchanged glances and gestured to our bags. "This is us checking in."

"Oh, OK," she said. "I have your name here then."

This surreal moment rather set the tone for the rest of the stay.

We put our things in our room and went down to the restaurant. It was modern and appealing, and had veranda. The view of a railway bridge and derelict boat was a slight shame but that couldn't be helped. Our waiter belched in the corner of the room before coming to our table. He was nice enough but that initial impression had been made. The service thereafter was excellent and the food was fantastic. The wine was excellent too. A different waiter who attended to us was extremely polite and charming and came with no additional sound effects.

We went back to our room but our swipe key wouldn't work. After several attempts we made the long trek down the labyrinth of rather hideously decorated corridors to reception to get a replacement.

As we settled into the room, I was startled to hear a loud, clear voice. I thought for a moment there was someone hiding in the cupboard. I soon realised the voice was coming from the adjoining room, to which we were linked by a connecting door that provided no sound-protection. I could hear every word of their conversation. Thankfully thereafter they remained relatively quiet but I wouldn't have wanted a baby in the next room or a more boisterous couple.

Having had a tough journey, the sight of a bath in the room was welcome, as not every hotel has one. Only one problem: no plug. We searched around but it was nowhere to be found. We rang reception to ask for a plug. The lady was extremely confused. I wonder if we were the first person to ever want a bath? Or had the plug been stolen that very day? She said she would send someone up.

A moment later the phone rang. It was the lady on reception who said, "To clarify: You want a plug for the minibar?"

We explained it was not an electrical plug, it was a bath plug. We tried to break through the language barrier by trying to explain we needed something which fitted into a hole, to stop water escaping. It was like a parlour game.

A few minutes later there was a knock at the door. A man handed us a plug and departed. When we tried it, this plug was too big and was meant for a completely different type of plug hole. We rang reception again.

"I'm sorry," came the reply. "That's the only spare plug in the hotel."

Rather than being apologetic about this silly situation, we were made to feel like aliens making a most unusual request. In the end a bath was achieved by carefully balancing a glass over the hole. Ridiculous!

The next day we came back to our room and the key didn't work again. We went back to reception but the place was deserted. We looked around for someone in the bar but there was no one to be seen. We waited a good ten minutes for the receptionist to return. Extremely frustrating.

Whilst the voices from the room next door didn't ultimately cause any problems, the corridor floors creaked terribly at night and sleep was somewhat disturbed.

Overall, it was a mixed experience. The place had the potential to be better. The staff were very nice people and generally attentive but the quality of the service itself left a lot to be desired.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating this matter.

Please feel free to contact me on h6620-fb@accor.com to discuss this further.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We have stayed here several times and and have enjoyed the waterfront rooms which are well equipped and comfortable . Parking is good and the hotel is easily accessible from the town centre which is also within walking distance . The riverside location is a big plus for those who like to run,walk or cycle. The front of house staff are very good and helpful.
An ideal overnight stop for pick ups from Heathrow being only 20 minutes by car.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
MercureThamesLodge, General Manager at Mercure London Staines-upon-Thames Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013