“feels like home”

Mercure London Staines-upon-Thames Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Staines
Reviewed 10 July 2014

we chose staines as we are accor members and we had some things to do in staines .Staines -upon thames is not a new hotel but its feels like home clean, staff nothing short of wonderful I would recommend ground floor as to wake to squirrels and birds just outside your French window in the morning was lovely .Food and drinks service and breakfast must make mention of Sonya in reception a great asset to this Hotel. Carpark easy to use EXCELLENT

Room Tip: pick river faceing rooms ground floor
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
MercureThamesLodge, General Manager at Mercure London Staines-upon-Thames Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear DesMcMahon,

Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the Mercure London Staines-Upon-Thames Hotel.
I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

There are newer reviews for Mercure London Staines-upon-Thames Hotel

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed one night before leaving to Heathrow. Great location for airport. Walked long the Thames and into Staines.We also drove to Windsor, which is close by. Thought the room was lovely, nice big bed, gowns and slippers. Bathroom was super nice, wonderful to be able to soak in the big bath tub.Good supply of drinks in room. Loved the view of the Thames. Breakfast was buffet style. Excellent variety of food. Free car park, and we didn't have to check out until mid-day!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
MercureThamesLodge, General Manager at Mercure London Staines-upon-Thames Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Alison C,

I would like to thank you for your kind review.

I totally agree with you about the location. Not far from Heathrow and also half an hour away from central London with direct trains.

The room you stayed is one of our privilege rooms and come with all added luxuries such as drinks.

Please do visit us next time you are visiting UK.

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a few days and the hotel was absolutely gorgeous, the staff were very helpful and professional and the food was amazing we only had 1 little hiccup and that was that we had noisy neighbours but we mentioned it to the staff and they sorted it out. Would definitely recommend this hotel as I will be visiting again!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Fiona L,

Many many congratulations!!!!

I am really happy that you had a wonderful stay at Thames Lodge and received good service during your stay.
On behalf of the entire team I wish you all the best.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

A great one night stay. Hotel room nice size, bathroom clean. Great view over the Thames . Friendly staff. Nice terrace with seating and great view. Breakfast expensive at £ 15. . To end a nice place to stay , we would stay here again .

Room Tip: Ask for a river view .
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear sazzaEssex,

Thank you vew much for your review.

I am delighted to read that you had a wonderful stay and enjoy the view from terrace.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I stayed at the Mercure Stained upon Thames on Saturday night before flying out of Heathrow on Sunday morning. The location is fantastic, very close to the centre of Staines and with free parking. There was a wedding at the hotel so my partner had to do a bit of creative space making in the car park, but I'm pleased to say the hotel take a common sense view to this as long as you don't block other cars in.

We paid an extra £20 for a room with a river view and were in room 104. The decor was nice, the view was beautiful, but if there was one thing I would change it was the doors leading out to the river. They we're fairly rickety and it didn't feel 100% secure.

There was a wedding in the hotel so we went elsewhere to eat and had a pleasant time. It took about 20 mins to get to Heathrow Terminal 3 the next day.

All in all it was a pleasant stay, not mind blowing, but for a location that close to Staine and Heathrow we were happy with it for less than a £100.

Dear MsLibbyW,

Thank you very much for your kind words. I am glad you enjoyed the stay especially the view.

We hope to welcome you back in near future.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

It's such a shame this hotel is not being cared for. Situated in a prime position for many attractions, and transport, both business and pleasure, the hotel is becoming tired. Inside and out it would like very smart with the Mecure chain taking responsibility for its condition.
Having stayed at this hotel on many occassions making suggestions of repair, I feel that no-one is really bothered. Bedrooms need decoration, and only in some cases a small repair. In my experience the hotel needs someone to sort out the showers, which do not work properly. Linen very clean and bathroom too.
That said: The dining room over looks the River Thames, and Staines upon Thames Bridge, lovely view for breakfast and romantic dinner.
Staff not too welcoming, and no offer of a helping hand with baggage. Check-in/out sometimes there is a queue.

Room Tip: We were given a room which was immediately not what we liked, the hotel changed it, no problem. If...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
MercureThamesLodge, General Manager at Mercure London Staines-upon-Thames Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Carol W,

I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating this matter.

Please feel free to contact me on h6620-fo@accor.com to discuss it further.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I booked this as a package for Thorpe Park and me and my partner stayed here on a Saturday night. It's an excellent location to stay if your going to Thorpe Park as it's literally a 7-8 minute drive and very easy to find. We arrived at 7pm so fairly late and of course the car park was full which we knew it would be any way. Was advised their was a public paying car park next door which from 7pm-12pm was £1.00 then it's starts charging again at 8.00am and we had to go down at that time and put £7 in for 5 hours which is a bit of hassle but nothing major! Hotel was really nice and room was lovely! Town center is a 5 minute walk and has Nando's, Frankie & Benny's and some other nice restaurants. We would definitely come and stay again, the only negative was that for some strange reason a hotel worker decided to let himself into our room at 10.00am when we was both asleep, no idea why and he just said sorry.

1  Thank JasmineJessica
MercureThamesLodge, General Manager at Mercure London Staines-upon-Thames Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear JasmineJessica,

Many thanks for your kind review. Glad you enjoyed the location, it is very near to the Thorpe Park and opposite town centre.

Car park is complimentary and it does get filled very quickly especially when we are busy. I am sorry if it caused you any hassle.

Hope to see you soon!!!

Marnix Teeken

Also consider these accommodations in or near Staines
The Swan Hotel
The Runnymede on Thames
Great Fosters
Great Fosters
#1 of 3 in Egham

Been to Mercure London Staines-upon-Thames Hotel? Share your experiences!