“Great wedding venue and helpful staff”
Review of The Boleyn Hotel

The Boleyn Hotel
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Staines
Reviewed 7 September 2011

We booked our wedding with the hotel earlier in January for our 25 guests and Kulpreet the manager was always at hand for our various additions to the event. Every single detail was taken into account and the day went without a single problem , the hotel was incredibly clean and tidy at all times and the staff were always friendly and willing to help.. The honeymoon suite that we stayed in was on par with a lot of 4-5 star places I have stayed at.

I would recommend this Hotel for anyone wanting lovely rooms at an affordable price and anyone hosting an event in their wedding room.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for The Boleyn Hotel

Reviewed 31 August 2011

I booked this hotel for my son and his new bride as a surprise on their wedding night. The honeymoon suite with four poster bed, champagne and choclates all very nice. Was supposed to come with breakfast but they were not informed of times and missed this, as it was not their fault i was expecting a refund but only got an apology via email.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lynda B
Reviewed 2 August 2011

I would definitely recommend this hotel for the following reasons:
Absolutely gorgeous re-furbished rooms - they really are top quality, much more boutique style than your normal hotel. We had a larger double room initially but due to unfixable problems with the toilet, had to move unfortunately to a smaller room next door. Although still beautifully decorated and equipped, was a little small for two people. Fantastic bedding and beds – very comfortable.
Whilst there (Saturday evening) a rather loud Indian party was taking place downstairs. The hotel is not SO big so the sound was rather disturbing; we had to be up early the next day so needed a relatively early night. When I queried the noise and its acceptability, I was assured it would stop at 2300 and it did.
The huge car park is a bonus, no worries about finding a suitable place – very welcome in Staines. Location is superb for river walks or shops.
For the price, I think we certainly got value for money.

Two areas of improvement which would really make this place AAA+++:
Reception: Although efficient, the 2 female staff there didn’t seem to know how to handle customers. There was no greeting on arrival; we specifically had to ask “is this reception?” as there are no obvious signs. I felt they both thought the job beneath them and were doing it under sufferance.
Breakfast: Although the quality is reasonable, the service and options are really rather hit and miss. No one to greet you in the breakfast room to explain procedure. Do you just sit down? What choices are there? Is there a menu with options? Do we help ourselves to tea & coffee? etc. etc. Also the choices could be expanded – not everyone wants a “Full English” every day – fruit, yoghurts, more bread/rolls options. I have read on a more recent review someone mentioned “menu” so either this has changed, or we just didn’t get one. Lots of dirty crockery left around i.e. not cleared.

I’d definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Higher floor, larger double room if available.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fussyminx
Reviewed 1 August 2011

The Anne Boleyn is one of the better hotels to stay at in Staines, but it is a little pricey.
Room was comfortable if in need of a little updating (however the executive rooms have been refurbished and are apparently very nice). Bed was very comfortable! Hotel staff were helpful and friendly.
Breakfast was very nice - continental buffet and then full english available from the menu.
One issue was that the paper table clothes at breakfast were dirty and clearly not changed between sittings - slightly unappetising and let the hotel down.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Recently held my father's 50th birthday party at The Anne Boleyn. We had around 110 guests. Everything about the hotel was brilliant, hosting, staff, venue, rooms, service. I can not fault anything about this hotel. All the guests were impressed and the night was a memorable one for us all.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2011

I used to go to this hotel all the time for business meetings and it was run down and shoddy. Not any more. On this occasion I had to stay over and I wasn't looking forward to it, but I'd definitely be happy to go back again. The re-furnishment has completely transformed the place, they must have spent a fortune. The rooms are really modern looking, well lit and quite spacious, my bathroom had a drench head shower which I happen to really like and the whole place was so much cleaner and fresher than before, I was amazed and relieved. There are a couple of areas that haven't yet been re-furbished, e.g. the bar area, but that's of an acceptable standard already so no biggie. The old reviews were completely true, this place used to be horrendous, but if you've stayed there before you'll not recognise it now, the new owners have done a great job with it (as I felt obliged to tell them before leaving).

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 July 2011

We celebrated my daughters and husbands joint birthday party with over 90 guest at the Ann Boleyn and were very pleased with the hotel.

We booked 12 room as guest were staying the night and we all had excellent rooms which were beautifully decorated. The rooms were a very good size, with very comfortable beds and clean bed linen. The bathroom were also very tastefully designed. Our kids had the spacious family room.

The hall was organised beautifully with the staff only too willing the help and make our event go smoothly and as we wanted. The food was absolutely delicious with all our guests commenting about the excellent taste and flavours. Many thanks to the chef.

Breakfast was good with buffet for fresh fruit, cereals and pastries as well as tea/coffee/hot chocolate etc. Full English breakfast was ordered with the waitress and was freshly prepared to individual tastes. Again we couldn't fault the service and the food which were both great. We asked for late check out and it was no problem. There was ample car parking space at the back of the hotel which was a great bonus as the guest were not worried about trying to find parking space.

Overall we had an excellent time at the hotel and our party went off without a hitch. We would definitely use this hotel for future events as it's an ideal venue being very near to motorways and by the river.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Staines
Mercure London Staines-upon-Thames Hotel
#5 of 5 in Staines
Great Fosters
Great Fosters
#1 of 3 in Egham

Been to The Boleyn Hotel? Share your experiences!