“Saturday night stay”
Review of The Boleyn Hotel

The Boleyn Hotel
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Staines
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Room was spotless and in good condition with all the normal facilities, which all worked. Our original room looked out over the restaurant roof and its rather immense air con units, which were a bit noisy.
When I mentioned this to the female receptionist, she offered a room change without any prompting and apologised. She also remembered to switch the wake up call from the old room to the new room...so brownie points for a professional service. The replacement room was at the back of the hotel and was again spotless but this time, quiet. Bed was comfortable and bathroom / shower very good. had a very good night's sleep
Breakfast was good. The English breakfast was cooked to order, came out piping hot and was good quality.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms that overlook the restaurant.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Boleyn Hotel

Reviewed 29 May 2013

Very reasonable, cosy little hotel,located outside of London, with very friendly, helpful personnel. It's easy to get to the heart of London by train, about a 10 minute walk from the hotel and 45 minute ride in. This is an excellent alternative to the very pricey hotels in London, and, even though located outside, easier to get to the center than some other hotels located in outer areas of London. Of course the train costs more than a tube ride, but what you save in hotel rates makes up for it. The rooms are tiny, so if you're large, you might find it too tight. The bathroom was very nice, very modern, with excellent lighting, something one doesn't find everywhere. Comfortable bed. There is a very nice breakfast included.

Room Tip: There is no lift, so if you have trouble with stairs, this is not the hotel for you. Hotel personne...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night as we were attending the BMW PGA Championships at Wentworth. Very pleasant staff, ideal location, comfortable and clean rooms. A short walk into Staines (5 minutes) and Wentworth was only a 15 minute drive.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I stayed three nights.The first night was utter hell. I was put in room 510. It was hotter than a sauna with no way to control the heat. The windows opened onto a toilet block.The bed was the most uncomfortable I've yet to encounter in my entire life. I slept on the floor.....I'm using the word 'slept' loosely. I complained next morning and was moved to an 'executive room' at no extra cost. This was a great improvement and was like a different hotel! I had a meal in the saffron Indian restaurant on the second night. THis was simply the worst,most bland meal served by staff that could give Marvin the android from hitchhikers guide to the galaxy a run for his money.Cheer up lad ffs! I again gave honest feedback and was greeted with complete apathy. I generally don't complain, in fact it takes a lot to annoy me but this hotel was bland and uninteresting for the most part. If they put you in an old room, I guarantee you will have a night of hell.If you get the executive room, you'll be ok....just don't eat their or expect much from the staff in the way of friendliness.

Room Tip: Get the executive room.forget the first floor older rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two nights recently. I booked a superior room and found it to be roomy, clean and comfortable. The bed was large and provided a good nights sleep. The bathroom was clean and the walk in shower had plenty of power.

The breakfast was pretty much standard fare that got the morning off to a good start.

The biggest plus point for this hotel is the large on site car park.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Standard room not too bad, but dark as window looked out onto a corridor with a corrugated plastic roof which flapped all night and was so noisy it made sleep impossible When we rang reception at 3am the night porter told us there was nothing he could do to improve things. The bath was very slippery and I fell out of it banging my head and bruising myself. The receptionist was not really concerned and when we finally got to speak to the manager he told us that they did not provide bath safety mats as some guests find them unhygenic!!!

Room Tip: If you choose a standard room you may consider taking ear plugs and a bath mat and leave plenty of t...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jill D
Reviewed 15 May 2013

The standard rooms are indeed standard. The room was OK but it faced the car park and we had a very noisy air con unit right outside our window which kept me awake all night. My parents and brother got no sleep as the corrugated roof outside their rooms was banging in the wind. When we complained we were told that we did book standard rooms, so what did we expect - I replied that the room was fine but for over £100 I expect to be able to sleep!! We all got a £25 refund. I would not recommend this hotel. The breakfast is made with the cheapest ingredients, you have to boil a kettle in the dining room yourself to make tea and when someone spilt coffee it was just left there for people to walk through. Imagine camping and having no sleep and then waking up to breakfast in an Indian restaurant and that sums up the Anne Boleyn. Expensive but the hotel is cheap. It could be a lovely place but everything is done on the cheap and you can tell.

Room Tip: Do not pick a standard room if you want to sleep.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank katiestark25
Also consider these accommodations in or near Staines
Mercure London Staines-upon-Thames Hotel
#5 of 5 in Staines
Great Fosters
Great Fosters
#1 of 3 in Egham

Been to The Boleyn Hotel? Share your experiences!