“Perfect for our needs”
Review of The Boleyn Hotel

The Boleyn Hotel
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Staines
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Stayed for one night when going to Twickenham to watch rugby. Lovely quiet location, extremely polite staff. Our room was superb and we enjoyed a great full english breakfast in the morning. I thoroughly recommend this pleasant hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Myself and my 15 yr old lad stayed at this Hotel on the 8th March 2014, we had booked a twin room with breakfast for one night. Firstly I booked the hotel and was given the price of £79 with breakfast for the room ( remembering its a twin and I put on the booking form 2 people). When I showed it to my son as we had travelled from Jersey I noticed on the booking form it said for one person, so I changed it to 2 and the price went up by £10. You would have thought when you pay for a room that you would not be charged extra for two people in a twin. Anyway arrived, received by reception, excellent, friendly staff, beautiful twin room 203, could not have asked for more . Great hotel, location second to none beside the Thames and 2 mins from centre of town over the bridge. After a couple of hours in town we arrived back to the room to a noise that we thought was a wagon outside the hotel picking something up, until we realised it wasn't leaving. I went to report the noise to reception and he explained I should never have been given that room as the noise was the air conditioning and is always there, they offered us another twin on the ground floor which we accepted. So cons: check your room price before you book, and if you are given a key to Room 203 say no....Pros: fantastic location, beautiful rooms, great breakfast, superb staff they just need to sort out the little logistics. Will I stay again Definetly.

Room Tip: Don't choose Room 203.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Me my wife and 2 young children stayed there on the 18th of January , what a warm welcome we got when we arrived the room was very nice and clean the bathroom was big and done to a very high standard , i would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and many thanks to the staff and manager for making us all very welcome

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Gary H
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for 10 days on a business visit. The hotel is centrally located right across the road from Thames river, 5 mins walk to the town center and exactly opposite Sainsbury's superstore. The location was very convenient to commute to the British Gas, BUPA, IBM & Samsung offices as well. The rooms and beds are comfortable with an in room television, coffee machine. A nicely fitted bathroom with a hot surface, shower and a bathtub and 24 hour hot water supply. The breakfast is good with continental and full English options and all the food is served in the in-house Indian restaurant Saffron which was just what the doctor ordered for an Indian traveler like me so all in all very good.
Things that can be improved - I will definitely say noise insulation. It doesn't exist. People can hear what you are watching on TV or talking on your phone just by passing from the corridor. People switching on their buttons in other rooms feel like its being done in your own room. Something must be done to get this straight.
Secondly view..there might be good view of Thames from the upper floor rooms but from the ground floor where my room was, there is no view to speak of. The Swan which is next door or Mercure London The Thames Lodge is better option for a Thames view.
Also I feel its slightly overpriced at 95 pounds a day for the services they offer but thats UK.
All in all a nice hotel and a first choice for many high ranking officials of MNC's for its location and food.

Room Tip: Insist on a first floor room
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Siddhesh K
Reviewed 27 November 2013

The Hotel looked to have been recently refurbished and all of the fixture and fittings were in good order.
The room was very comfortable and quiet.
I decided to eat out as the Restaurant only offered Indian food and I wasn't in the mood for it.
Breakfast was good albeit the room smelt of curry.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank impulsivearies
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Staines is an unusual place; a lot of activity and people busying around considering there is not a lot there! Anyway, I decided to stay here as my destination (Feltham) is not a pleasant place.

I was greeted by a very welcoming reception who gave me the impression she was happy to have me there: I could not fault the service and I happily upgraded my room in the process. I was given all the information I needed rather than just left to reading a pamphlet in my room.

The room was excellent, although I did upgrade to a newly refurbished one. The upgrade was was worth it (although I did not stay in other rooms in the hotel) as this boasted quite possibly the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. I needed a good night sleep and I got one. The hotel also sits off the main road so there was no street noise either. The bathroom was well fitted, although lacked a bath. Only complaint is the standard (and poor) tea making facilities, but who's complaining when the most excellent Swan pub was directly opposite?

Now the negative... the breakfast service is the worst I have ever encountered other than the Travel Lodge and hotels without dining facilities. I was not asked what I wanted as hot food was supposed to be to order and the selection from the buffet was restricted to 1 slice of bread, a selection of cereal without milk and a coffee pot with no coffee. There was slices of melon on offer, but these were wrapped up so tight, I do believe I was not meant to open this. To add to this I also had to clean my own table before I sat down. I did complain about this in and was assured this is not normally the case: I'll give them the benefit of doubt, as the rest of the stay was excellent... I also thought that at £130.00 for the night was a little expensive and would have thought £90 - £100 was a better representation of what was on offer.

In terms of location, be aware that you are about minutes walk away from the town centre which is on the opposite side of the river (Thames). Also the train station is a good 10 minute taxi drive (make that 30 in rush hour), so make sure you plan. Also Staines is about 45 - 50 minutes away from Waterloo on the train, so don't be fooled it's close to London, just because you're inside the M25. The hotel is well situated for the A30 / M25 if you're driving as the junction for these roads is about 5 minutes.

I will be going back, and I'll make sure the breakfast improves.

Room Tip: Can't go wrong with a newly refreshed room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Richard W
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We found the hotel was lovely, very clean and well looked after. Only improvement we'd suggest is perhaps more communication between staff and the public. Also slightly overpriced. Otherwise we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: October 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Staines
0 mi away
#3 of 3 in Egham
Travelodge Staines
Travelodge Staines
#5 of 5 in Staines

Been to The Boleyn Hotel? Share your experiences!