The Boleyn Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
US$232
US$212
  • Pool
Savannah Bed & Breakfast(Virginia Water)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsindian foodsaffron restaurantfunction roomwalk in showerwhite company toiletriesswan pubnice hotelair concomfy bednice roomfull englishbreakfast was excellenttown centrelarge car parkhotel barthorpe parkbirthday party
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I stayed for two nights whilst visiting family
I took advice from reviews I had read and opted for executive double
it was worth it
Member of staff on reception was pleasant and welcoming
I was on the first floor and the room was spacious and clean
Good sized bathroom with bath and shower
Comfy bed but there is a plastic sheet under the normal sheet which could be a little uncomfortable for some
Good air conditioning
Access to the room is by card key
As you enter the room theres a card slot on the wall put your key card in to activate the power
I think this should have been explained at Reception or perhaps I don't get out much
Breakfast was a disappointment
I sat in the top half of the dining room so i didn't see the cereal and fruit juice laid out in the other half of the dining room
Also a buffet help yourself breakfast is normally only avaliable at weekends
staff were polite and I asked for a Full English
I have a good appetite but my face fell when it was brought out
it was served on a medium sized plate but I wanted more......
what I had was piping hot and freshly cooked
Perhaps there could be an extra large, large and small sized option
I was asked if I wanted brown or white toast
I was brought two slices and not told thrre was a toaster where the cereal and juice were laid out
I opted for coffee and my cup was filled but I wasnt offered a refill
however there is a coffee pot by the toaster but I wasnt told about that
So good effort but with a few improvements it could be so much better
Also the price was £120 per room per night and i had sole occupancy
I suppose the rate is normal for the area

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My partner & I stayed here last weekend and had a very pleasant stay. The room was extremely clean, modern and spacious. The staff were lovely and our whole experience was great. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in or near Staines. This hotel is a 2 minute walk into town but far enough away at night to be peaceful and quiet.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 March 2014

The Anne Boleyn gets across like a solid little chained hotel (Fullers) that serves its purpose for a good night's sleep. I upgraded for GBP10,- for a premium room (101) next to the reception and felt the layout, furniture and bathroom reminded me of many 'larger premium' hotels. Still, from all I heard, standard rooms don't live up to this.

Breakfast was overall somewhat basic but without complaints, but dinner did not live up to expectations, leading us to eat some reasonably good pub food at the swan hotel across the road.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the ground floor rooms on reception side as they will be pointing onto the road with light curtains only.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Stayed for one night when going to Twickenham to watch rugby. Lovely quiet location, extremely polite staff. Our room was superb and we enjoyed a great full english breakfast in the morning. I thoroughly recommend this pleasant hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Myself and my 15 yr old lad stayed at this Hotel on the 8th March 2014, we had booked a twin room with breakfast for one night. Firstly I booked the hotel and was given the price of £79 with breakfast for the room ( remembering its a twin and I put on the booking form 2 people). When I showed it to my son as we had travelled from Jersey I noticed on the booking form it said for one person, so I changed it to 2 and the price went up by £10. You would have thought when you pay for a room that you would not be charged extra for two people in a twin. Anyway arrived, received by reception, excellent, friendly staff, beautiful twin room 203, could not have asked for more . Great hotel, location second to none beside the Thames and 2 mins from centre of town over the bridge. After a couple of hours in town we arrived back to the room to a noise that we thought was a wagon outside the hotel picking something up, until we realised it wasn't leaving. I went to report the noise to reception and he explained I should never have been given that room as the noise was the air conditioning and is always there, they offered us another twin on the ground floor which we accepted. So cons: check your room price before you book, and if you are given a key to Room 203 say no....Pros: fantastic location, beautiful rooms, great breakfast, superb staff they just need to sort out the little logistics. Will I stay again Definetly.

Room Tip: Don't choose Room 203.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family