“Scepticism Unjustified...”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Staines
Stavanger, Norway
“Scepticism Unjustified...”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed for two nights in an Executive Double with Single Occupancy whilst visiting friends in the area. I was wary of the hotel due to a few bad reviews on this website. I decided to give it a go and I'm glad I did. The room was clean and very comfortable, quite at night and the breakfast was delicious and the service friendly and efficient.. Great location, ample parking, reasonable price and Will return for sure..

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
bham,england
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Lovely little hotel in a great setting, just seconds away from the Thames.
Our room was spotless, breakfast was great, lots of variety.
Staff were faultless, we were able to check in early, will definetly stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bham.rich
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2014

On arrival I was given absolutely no information about dining or breakfast in the hotel, and pointed in the vague direction of my room.
Things did not improve when I got there. Old outdated furniture, a window which opened onto the toilets used by restaurant staff that I could quite clearly hear them using even when the window was shut.
Cleanliness seems to be hoover in the middle of the room only and attempts at using bleach could be seen by the amounts left on tiles.
Avoid if possible, if not do not let them put you in a room starting with 500...

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Pozicle

Travellers are raving about these Staines hotels

Eastbourne, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel on a two day trip to Thorpe Park. A 5 minute walk from the town centre/bus station, but nice and quiet. The exterior had us a little worried as it looks like a few bedrooms above a pub however the interior has been recently renovated and it shows.

When we arrived we were greeted by friendly staff and were given a free upgrade to an executive room which was great. The room was spacious, and the bathroom was modern. There was dirt/rust in the toilet, however not visible unless you looked under the seat really. We stayed in a ground floor room near reception which was street level, so curtains were drawn at all times. In the morning we could hear the going-ons at reception quite clearly which wasnt awful, but might make a lie in hard.

The room itself had a few cracks in the walls, and our bed was two mattresses put together. At this point, things like this seem like standard hotel practice though.

Unfortunately we didnt eat there for breakfast or dinner so cant comment on that.

Checking out for easy, helped by a lovely lady on reception who was a delight. She did comment that we originally booked just a standard room and it was lucky we got an upgrade, implying even the staff dont think the standard rooms arent that great, so worth keeping in mind.

All in all if we had to stay there again it wouldnt be a bad thing, but we would probably look elsewhere if we could.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MikeLangl0is
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I am going to try and keep emotion out of this review as much as possible and just list the good and bad points I personally experienced staying at The Boleyn. I believe I was staying at the back in the non-refurbished rooms

Pros
-Friendly staff
-Nice big 32" TV, tuned to all channels
-What was available for Breakfast was good
-Good fast free WiFi

Cons
-Heating set to 'boil' - no way to bring it down
-Furniture in the room very very basic
-Standard of cleaning was low. A hair had moved in before me on the shower wall and was still there when I left. Poor hoovering, a straight up the middle job, not round the edges
-Bedroom window opened onto toilets. Could hear them in use.
-Poor fitting Rubber Sheet (!?!) on my bed, kept coming off
-Breakfast buffet was terrible: a manky kettle for DIY tea, similar manky toaster if you wanted toast.

I did not experience the 'better' rooms so cannot comment although the consensus is that if you do go there, ask for a better room. Sadly I don't think I will be back

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Burmingham
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I stayed for two nights whilst visiting family
I took advice from reviews I had read and opted for executive double
it was worth it
Member of staff on reception was pleasant and welcoming
I was on the first floor and the room was spacious and clean
Good sized bathroom with bath and shower
Comfy bed but there is a plastic sheet under the normal sheet which could be a little uncomfortable for some
Good air conditioning
Access to the room is by card key
As you enter the room theres a card slot on the wall put your key card in to activate the power
I think this should have been explained at Reception or perhaps I don't get out much
Breakfast was a disappointment
I sat in the top half of the dining room so i didn't see the cereal and fruit juice laid out in the other half of the dining room
Also a buffet help yourself breakfast is normally only avaliable at weekends
staff were polite and I asked for a Full English
I have a good appetite but my face fell when it was brought out
it was served on a medium sized plate but I wanted more......
what I had was piping hot and freshly cooked
Perhaps there could be an extra large, large and small sized option
I was asked if I wanted brown or white toast
I was brought two slices and not told thrre was a toaster where the cereal and juice were laid out
I opted for coffee and my cup was filled but I wasnt offered a refill
however there is a coffee pot by the toaster but I wasnt told about that
So good effort but with a few improvements it could be so much better
Also the price was £120 per room per night and i had sole occupancy
I suppose the rate is normal for the area

• Stayed April 2014
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My partner & I stayed here last weekend and had a very pleasant stay. The room was extremely clean, modern and spacious. The staff were lovely and our whole experience was great. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in or near Staines. This hotel is a 2 minute walk into town but far enough away at night to be peaceful and quiet.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Staines
Mercure London Staines-upon-Thames Hotel
#5 of 5 in Staines
Travelodge Egham
Travelodge Egham
#4 of 5 in Egham

Been to The Boleyn Hotel? Share your experiences!