“A MUST STAY”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lawrence Manor

Lawrence Manor
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gouverneur
Lawrence Manor
Ranked #1 of 1 Gouverneur B&B and Inns
“A MUST STAY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

This B&B and Hotel is a gem in Gouverneur. We have stayed with them many times with no complaints. The themed rooms add a home feel although the integrity of a hotel room is maintained. Clean, convenient, additional surprises such as stove/dinnerware, and great prices. My sons enjoyed the stay !!

Room Tip: call the owners.. they can describe the rooms and tailor them to suit your needs..
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank DanaDJuarez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Southport, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

We enjoyed our stay with gracious hosts, Donna and Nelson Lawrence, during Christmas week. The home was beautifully furnished and appointed with period accessories. Each room was decorated for the holiday and it was like stepping into yesteryear. Our bedrooms were comfortable with all you could ask for (WIFI and cable TV too), and included an evening turn-down service that one could quickly become accustomed to.

Each morning, a delicious spread was offered for breakfast; baked breads, homemade jams & jellies, fresh fruit & juices, tasty entre dishes and good coffee. Even extra efforts were made to accommodate special dietary needs.

It snowed quite a bit while we were visiting, but the staff had the walks and parking shoveled and plowed; our cars dug out and cleaned off without hesitation.

We will be back to enjoy Lawrence Manor again, for sure!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Deb1776VA
clifton park, ny
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

I have to admit that I was skeptical of what the room would be lilke for the price - a larger room in the motel in the rear - with 2 double beds and a small kitchenette for under $80 a night. The decor (Adirondack hunting and fishing) wasn't my style but the room was immaculate and everything was provided for our needs. We requested extra bed pillows which were delivered promptly. I would definitely stay here again - would like to try a B & B room next time.

Room Tip: Talk to the owners about what type of room you need. We called ahead and got the perfect room for o...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank watzy
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

We stayed here over Memorial Day weekend, last minute plans. We were so glad to find this place. Other option was the Clearview, which only had smoking rooms available (ick!). There are two houses, we stayed in the Victorian Lady, the 'pink' house. It was so quaint, we loved that much of the structure is original, bathrooms are modern. Liked the location with a short walk into town, the library, museum, cafes, tree-lined residential streets made a nice early morning stroll. The proprietors (Nelson and Donna) were so friendly, it was a pleasure having breakfast in the manor house dining room every morning. It's the best place in the area for overnight stays, highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Talk to Donna to help decide which room would best suit your needs.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank kathy s
Watertown, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2009

My husband and I had to travel to attend a business gathering in Canton. Just our luck, every hotel in Canton and nearby Potsdam was booked up, because it was "Parents' Weekend" at the college. So I called Lawrence Manor in Gouverneur. Lo and behold, they had ONE vacancy on the date needed. The lady I spoke with on the phone told me that somebody had cancelled their reservation THAT MORNING. I felt very lucky. Funny thing was, the lady was really apologetic, saying that the room was a "very small motel room," not in the main Bed & Breakfast. When I asked her about the ameneties, she said that the room had a queen bed, microwave, mini fridge, ironing board, TV, internet, I couldn't believe it! Many big-name, international chain hotels don't give you a fridge without charging extra! Check in was quick and easy, and the woman remembered me from our phone conversation. There's a little motel behind the grand, main building. We stayed in Par Three, a golf-themed room. Neither of us are golfers, but we appreciated their attention to detail in the decor, which even extended into the bathroom. Yes, the room was small, but they had all the amneties promised. Not a speck of dirt or dust anywhere. It was very homey and cozy. I'd love to go back and stay in the actual manor someday. The best part of it was the price: $55 ($60 with tax). Nornally, when I think of a B&B, I expect to pay at least twice that. I reccommend this place highly!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
4 Thank Cricket975

Been to Lawrence Manor? Share your experiences!