“The Cleanest Place in the Catskills !!”
Review of Colonial Motel

Colonial Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Grand Gorge
Colonial Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Grand Gorge
Islip, New York
“The Cleanest Place in the Catskills !!”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Diane and Bob have the entire motel experience nailed down to perfection ! My husband and I have stayed there overth the passed 3 years ... with each stay - the experience just gets better and better ...

Key is clean rooms ... whether you there overnight or for a week, or longer, your sleeping room is always clean. Thank you for that !!

Note to Diane & Bob ... many thanks for your welcoming and warm hospitality !

We have HIGHLY recommended your property to many people and will continue to do so !!!

Ginny & Glenn

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank JGB58

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 1 September 2013

My boyfriend and I were originally supposed to stay at another, larger, more pricey hotel in the area. They were so rude and mean to me over the phone when I called to confirm that I ended up searching for another place to stay and thats how I stumbled across The Colonial. The woman there (her name escapes me), the inn keeper, shes fabulous. Very friendly and accomodating. She booked us last minute and couldnt guarantee a second night originally because it was labor day weekend and she was full up but found a spot for us when we were checking out and gave us the room at a discounted rate!! The only thing is we had to switch rooms but we were totally okay with that because she was doing us a favor. The rooms were clean and cozy. The larger rooms even have dishes and such. The pool was freezing but its an outdoor pool so totally expected that. It is in a great location, near many attractions. The town of grand gorge is tiny but super friendly. If you stay here eat at the Creekside Cafe!! They have great food, try the fried mac and cheese! :)
Love Love Love this place. We already booked a room for next month!

Room Tip: Room #9 is great!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Guilderland, New York
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Great little motel run by the owners. We use it as our base station to bike on the catskill trail. The bed was very comfortable. The TV was tiny but we were there to explore the outdoors so we did not mind.

Room Tip: If you have room 1-3 you will be in the main house. Room 4+ will be in a separate building which is...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Globewarren
Hellertown, Pa.
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Diane and Robert hosted Cori and I on day 2 of a 4 day tour for RoadRUNNER Motorcycle Touring and Travel magazine. We were quite pleased with the room, it was very clean and comfortable with a fridge and microwave, cable tv and complimentary coffee. It was extremely hot the day we arrived and Diane had thought to start the air conditioning in our room, which we really appreciated after spending all day on the bike in the hot sun.
We sat and sipped our morning coffee on the front porch of the main house and made friends of other travelers staying in the motel portion. We had a nice chat with Diane and Robert and got recommendations for local places to eat. We enjoyed our stay and would gladly return.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Bud M
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 28 March 2013

What a great Motel. Rooms are clean and have comfortable beds. Owners are very nice family. Was there during the end of March and the room was warm and I love the sound of the stream when I went outside.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank RJ6486
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 24 February 2013

This was a really nice place to stop and enjoy the area. The people were great and made you feel right at home. You could see if you ever needed anything other than the ordinary, they would make sure it was taken care of. Not only were the rooms extremely clean, but you could smell they were clean during our entire stay! The pool was really nice to enjoy as well. We can't wait to go back again!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Danielle C
Huntington, New York
Reviewed 21 February 2013

I have been traveling up there on business for over 20 years. Sometimes in the summer I brought my wife and daughters along...they hung out by the pool while I worked nearby. This place is absolutely wonderful! Bob and Diane, the owners, are like a brother and sister to me and my wife. Such friendly people and so hard working...they let people from nearby Prattsville stay there for free when their village was devastated by the flood. Their are no phones in the rooms but they do have wifi which is cool. The rooms are always immaculate and everything works! I am semi-retired now, but we do go up there to ski or to go to Cooperstown. Great prices and friendly service! I would recommend it 110% to anyone looking for a quiet country retreat...

Room Tip: They are all nice, but if you are staying for a while, the kitchenette units are really handy.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Moore's Motel
Moore's Motel
#1 of 1 in Prattsville
The Colonial B&B At Stamford

Been to Colonial Motel? Share your experiences!