This is a very old property. It looks like a drive up motel from the 1950's, (which is certainly not a problem.) I found the location and room to be functional. We had a queen bed. I could sleep, but wife had trouble on the older mattress.. The room was large. It had a small fridge and small microwave. You could see where the fridge is was a kitchenette at one time that was ripped out. Drain pipe covered with duct tape. Oh boy. Well, the room was clean, the location is quiet. New TV with dish network.
If you're looking for a basic room close to the falls, this should work. If you want something like a Holiday inn express or more expensive, you will not like this place.
Owner and staff were very friendly. Owner comes and goes all day, but there was someone around the property to talk to during the day if you need something. We were coming in late, and read that the management was not on site late. We called earlier in the day and made arrangements. No one at the office, but we were able to get into our rooms and squared up the next day. There is a phone number on the door to call, and it rings through to the owner if he is not in the office. However, there are no phones in the rooms, and no pay phone on site. So if you don't have a cell phone, you're up the creek.
Across the street is a small restaurant that has decent food, pretty cheap. Cash only. Nearby are a McDonalds, Wendy's, Dunkin Donuts, and Tim Horton's. There are a few more places but didn't try them. It's close to the Falls, and about 20 minutes from the airport.
Bottom line. I prefer something like Holiday in express. If I were going back, and could not get something like a Holiday inn express, I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have 32" Flat Screen TV's and over 150 satellite channels including HBO's, ESPN, NFL network. There is free WIFI all over the property. Free parking, refrigerator and microwave on demand. We are only 5 miles south of Niagara Falls, NY. Perfect stop when visiting Niagara Falls or Buffalo. No Coffee or breakfast offered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Ebookers so you can book your Chateau Motor Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Motor Hotel Grand Island
- Chateau Hotel Grand Island