“You get what you pay for”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Grand Island
Red Carpet Inn Grand Island
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Grand Island
Reviewed 21 April 2011

My son and I needed an inexpensive place to stay for the night. Paid $55 for the room. The room has two double beds, Wi-Fi (which I am using while I write this), Cable TV (reception is good), no telephone in the room, no phone book(unless some other traveler lifted it), no Bible in the night stand(again, unless some other traveler lifted it, a Bible, go figure), The room in general is clean, but could stand to use a serious scub down. By far my most serious DISSATISFACTION is that there was NO HEAT. It is COLD in here, we slept in our clothes and bundled up with all the blankets and sheets. Why did I continue to stay here for the night ? CHEAP ROOM, that's why. $55 ! would I stay here again ? yes, but not in the Winter, that's for sure. I saw other reviews posted about this place, I'm wondering about the Air Conditioner for you Summer travelers ??? lol The owner of the place was pretty nice, friendly.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank johnjohn1968

Reviewed 13 October 2010

My wife and I arrived and noticed the paint was chipped and the parking lot was in disrepair,but checked in and went to our room.It was a wreck!It was dirty,there were holes in the screen and the room was full of flies.It smelled BAD.The A/C unit was hanging out of the wall and held together with tape,and all the control knobs were missing.The bathroom was filthy and the toilet seat was broken.My wife got scared of the whole thing and just wanted to leave,which we did,dropping the key in the mail.We checked into a Holiday Inn later(great place I might add)and tried to contact the Red Carpet owner who was on voice mail.Finally got through and told him we were not staying at there,and why.He just started screaming and hung up.He wound up charging us for two nights anyway,which I eventually got charged back by my credit card company.
I don't understand how Red Carpet could put their name on a place like this!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alholmen
Reviewed 29 August 2010

When I arrived at this motel friday August 26 2010 there was no one to check us in the manager was away for a while,so he leaves his wife incharge of the motel and she has absolutly no clue on whats going on or even speek english all she did was smile and laugh. Finally after I asked for a room on the bottom floor instead of the second floor because I was with my family she gives my a key to the room. Upon entering the room I had to hold my breath because it stunk like something died in the room. When I told the lady she laughed and said wait for my manager.
Returned about 1hr later to speak to the manager which is actually the owner andthe lady was his wife so he offers me back my original room upstairs because down stairs was smoking rooms which his wife couldnt tell me because she couldnt understand the english language. He shows me the other room which was just as bad. I cant believe that people are running businesses these days with people that cannot undestand the english language.
Once again this place is a mess and it has a foul odour I took my family and went as far away from that place.
P.S the owner also tells me that his motel is the only one in the niagara area without bed bugs. He said that every hotel and motel in the falls area has bed bugs.
Well he was wrong because where I stayed after it was clean

Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank dina24
Reviewed 16 August 2010

This is one of the worst motels I had ever stayed. The whole place stinks and the bathrooms are poorly maintained. There are open windows in the bathroom and the bathtub had open wholes. They said they provide free breakfast and all i found there was coffee and a donut (that looked like a week old one). There is no ambience to the motel and please keep away from this place. It spoiled my whole vacation and i felt bad paying so much for a piece of crap. The only good thing i can think of is that they have a microwave where you can heat your stuff and the motel is close to the falls.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank niagara56778
Reviewed 19 September 2007

If safety and solitude are priorities for you, Grand Island is an ideal anchor spot when visiting Buffalo and Niagara Falls. Just 5 miles south of Niagara Falls, this facility meets basic needs. My room was satisfactorily clean.

No elevator here or available ice machine. Seems to be a Mom&Pop place, but if you want to spend your money playing in Buffalo and at the Falls, and not on your hotel room, this is perfect. I merely needed a place to sleep in between exploring around. I felt safe coming in at late hours.

Gas stations and a 24-hour grocery store are within a mile or two away. The Buffalo Niagara Transit System also crosses the Island, giving more options for a lengthy stay. There are tolls to cross the Grand Island Bridges, onto and off the Island.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled solo