“they say you get what you pay for...”

Red Carpet Inn Grand Island
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Grand Island
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Have to admit...$50.00 a night is as cheap as it gets....That said...What a dump...Rent a van and sleep in it...

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ron818
There are newer reviews for Red Carpet Inn Grand Island

Reviewed 11 July 2012

First let me say that you need to realize that this is not a 5 start motel and if you are expexting luxury than this may not be the place you are looking for. With that said, I need to share my experience. I was traveling with my wife, our 2 pre-teen kids and our dog during the 2012 4th of July week to visit Niagara Falls. Our reservations that we thought we had at another popular hotel were not confirmed and that hotel could not do anything to assist us. The same held true for every other hotel in the reasonably near area. We drove 10 hours from home and I was stuck with my entire family, and our dog, with no place to stay. When I called the Red Carpet the Manager was the only person I had spoken with that was truly sympathetic and willing to do whatever he could to help us out. He took my number and advised he would call me back. I received a call back and it was the owner of the motel on the phone. He assured me he would work something out to ensure we were not left sleeping in the car all night. The end result was that he actually asked 2 other customers to move around their rooms to accommodate us for the 3 nights we would be staying there. On top of that, this motel was only about 10 minutes from Niagara Falls which was much closer than the original hotel we had booked. Not to mention the fact that the rate per night was almost half the cost of the original hotel. If you are ever planning a trip to Niagara Falls or find yourself in a need of a place to stay with very reasonable rates in the Grand Island, NY / Niagara Falls area I would highly suggest talking to the management and/or owner of this motel. Had it not been for them our trip would have been a disaster to say the least.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Garret M
Reviewed 5 July 2012

This place is a rats nest, a dive, a real hole in the wall. We were stuck since everything else nearby was booked and we had a small pet. Still, we would have been safer and less likely to catch a disease or worse had we pitched a tent instead of stay here!! I had to bleach the entire bathroom - there was dried blood and who knows what else all over.... the tub was disgusting, tables and fridge greasy, inside of fridge had mold and mildew.... spent 3 hours cleaning this place and still worried about finding my dog alive when we returned after a few hours away. Homeless and/or crack addicts sitting in the driveway, drinking, cooking, smoking..... insanely disgusting. DON'T STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Mark G
Reviewed 1 July 2012

No phone, filthy, filthy, filthy! We had to stay 2 nites... No other available in area due to holiday. My husband went out and bought bleach, cleanser, lysol and paper towels and cleaned as best he could so we could somewhat tolerate. It was disgusting... Lamps didn't work...window a/c had knobs missing so we couldn't adjust...I could go on , but hopefully you get the picture!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Goep
Reviewed 28 September 2011

when my newly wed wife and i showed up too this place i knew it wasn't gonna be good. we were put above an old beat up boat with old bait in it, there were hornets swarming from a nest that was made in the boat!we made it in the room without being stung. there was an old mildew smell, and old carpet that should have been removed YEAR'S ago. No.shampoo,towel's,or blankets on the bed!!now she's in tears. we demanded our money back and paid a lil bit more down the road. we got a call at midnight from the Red Carpet from a non english speaking man giving me a hard time about the room being booked and it wasn't occupied by us and i told the him that his place was a dump and to go to hell!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Melody H
Reviewed 27 August 2011

Not knowing the area I wanted to stay on Grand Island and this was the only place I could find, it looked nice online and where I booked through online there were no reviews to warn me otherwise. The place look abandoned, paint chipping, doors difficult to lock, steps and deck not in good condition. The room had no microwave (it was in the check in room) the frig smelled bad, there were no towels or soap in the bathroom, the room was very dirty under the bed, no clock or remote. The second night they did put one towel in the room that was reserved for 4 people! I payed 99 and 129, way over priced. I did not check out the breakfast, afraid of the condition of the food. If it was only 40 or 50 it might be worth a place to sleep, it is in a secluded nice area.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank jennifer f
Reviewed 21 April 2011

My son and I needed an inexpensive place to stay for the night. Paid $55 for the room. The room has two double beds, Wi-Fi (which I am using while I write this), Cable TV (reception is good), no telephone in the room, no phone book(unless some other traveler lifted it), no Bible in the night stand(again, unless some other traveler lifted it, a Bible, go figure), The room in general is clean, but could stand to use a serious scub down. By far my most serious DISSATISFACTION is that there was NO HEAT. It is COLD in here, we slept in our clothes and bundled up with all the blankets and sheets. Why did I continue to stay here for the night ? CHEAP ROOM, that's why. $55 ! would I stay here again ? yes, but not in the Winter, that's for sure. I saw other reviews posted about this place, I'm wondering about the Air Conditioner for you Summer travelers ??? lol The owner of the place was pretty nice, friendly.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Sheraton At The Falls
Sheraton At The Falls
#5 of 51 in Niagara Falls
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Niagara Falls

Been to Red Carpet Inn Grand Island? Share your experiences!