“beware what you see on line is not what it really is.”

Red Carpet Inn Grand Island
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Grand Island
Hamilton, Canada
“beware what you see on line is not what it really is.”
Reviewed 29 August 2010

When I arrived at this motel friday August 26 2010 there was no one to check us in the manager was away for a while,so he leaves his wife incharge of the motel and she has absolutly no clue on whats going on or even speek english all she did was smile and laugh. Finally after I asked for a room on the bottom floor instead of the second floor because I was with my family she gives my a key to the room. Upon entering the room I had to hold my breath because it stunk like something died in the room. When I told the lady she laughed and said wait for my manager.
Returned about 1hr later to speak to the manager which is actually the owner andthe lady was his wife so he offers me back my original room upstairs because down stairs was smoking rooms which his wife couldnt tell me because she couldnt understand the english language. He shows me the other room which was just as bad. I cant believe that people are running businesses these days with people that cannot undestand the english language.
Once again this place is a mess and it has a foul odour I took my family and went as far away from that place.
P.S the owner also tells me that his motel is the only one in the niagara area without bed bugs. He said that every hotel and motel in the falls area has bed bugs.
Well he was wrong because where I stayed after it was clean

Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank dina24

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 16 August 2010

This is one of the worst motels I had ever stayed. The whole place stinks and the bathrooms are poorly maintained. There are open windows in the bathroom and the bathtub had open wholes. They said they provide free breakfast and all i found there was coffee and a donut (that looked like a week old one). There is no ambience to the motel and please keep away from this place. It spoiled my whole vacation and i felt bad paying so much for a piece of crap. The only good thing i can think of is that they have a microwave where you can heat your stuff and the motel is close to the falls.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank niagara56778
GA
Reviewed 19 September 2007

If safety and solitude are priorities for you, Grand Island is an ideal anchor spot when visiting Buffalo and Niagara Falls. Just 5 miles south of Niagara Falls, this facility meets basic needs. My room was satisfactorily clean.

No elevator here or available ice machine. Seems to be a Mom&Pop place, but if you want to spend your money playing in Buffalo and at the Falls, and not on your hotel room, this is perfect. I merely needed a place to sleep in between exploring around. I felt safe coming in at late hours.

Gas stations and a 24-hour grocery store are within a mile or two away. The Buffalo Niagara Transit System also crosses the Island, giving more options for a lengthy stay. There are tolls to cross the Grand Island Bridges, onto and off the Island.

• Liked — Safe, uncrowded location
  • Disliked — No vending machines or ice machine
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled solo
#3 of 7 in Grand Island
Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino
Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino
#8 of 51 in Niagara Falls

Been to Red Carpet Inn Grand Island? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Red Carpet Inn Grand Island

Property: Red Carpet Inn Grand Island
Address: 3080 Grand Island Blvd, Grand Island, NY 14072-1249 (Formerly Budget Motel)
Region: United States > New York > Grand Island
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Airport Transportation
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Grand Island
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Red Carpet Inn Grand Island 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Red Carpet Inn Grand Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.