“Very nice experience.”

Radisson Hotel Niagara Falls - Grand Island
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Grand Island
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here because my daughter had a banquet we were attending. From reading the reviews, I wanted to stay elsewhere. Well, we were pleasantly surprised. I think the hotel has recently been updated. My complaints are minor. No exhaust fan in the bathroom and the hair dryer didn't work. It was clean and modern. We had a balcony with a lovely room overlooking the river. I would most definitely go back.

• Stayed: May 2014
Scott S, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Niagara Falls - Grand Island, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Mommawithabba,

Thank you for your recent stay and your kind words about our hotel and the banquet you attended. Our company purchased the hotel in the past year and has been working to upgrade the facilities and amenities to enhance the guest experience. We have a long way to go but our owner has committed to the expense and I am proud to be working on this project. If possible, can you let me know your room number so we can check out the 2 minor items you noted during your stay so that nobody else has the same problem. I can be reached directly at sswagler@byblosniagara.com

Reviewed 28 May 2014

During Niagara visit, we spent one night in this hotel. This hotel has a big advantage of location. Situated on the Niagara river banks, you can see beautiful sunrise from the balcony of your room & lots of ducks swimming in the river and playing in the lawns. I loved it very much.

The pillows are quite big, which they can change and make it more flat. Apart from that, I had comfortable sleep during night. I couldn't check the spa or the restaurant facility as we left early in the morning.

Room Tip: Please ask for the rooms facing river side.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Spark80,
Thank you for your recent post about your stay here at Byblos Niagara Resort, Niagara Falls/Grand Island, NY
We appreciate your feedback and am glad you had a great stay. Hopefully you can come back and spend more time to take in everything the area has to offer. If I can help in anyway with those plans, please do not hesitate to contact me directly here at the hotel

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Home for a few days (Active Duty Military) spent a few days with family & decided to stay last day before traveling back to Japan here. We'll I called asked if there was some sort of Military discount? Was informed yes certainly all you need is Military Id got there to check in and was assured by 2 front desk clerks that price would be adjusted at check out. Upon Check Out The "General Manager" then asks for my travel documents for official business? Are you kidding me 3 of your staff members assured everything was taken care of. Now if they would of advised prior to check in that I needed work order or travel documents I would have booked somewhere else. Nevertheless food at restaurant was horrible complimentary bread took 30 minutes to arrive at the table and when it arrived it was soggy? As if someone dropped it in water. Then it took at least an hour to get a simple grilled chicken sandwich. Oh yeah that simple sandwich was supposed to have a red pepper mayo. When I complained about no mayo the server advised there's a new chef and he doesn't know how to make it? This place is a joke! Stay somewhere else!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Ms. Candace

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us here at Byblos. Please accept my apologies for the confusion with us requesting proof of government service before we are able to honor the deeply discounted and highly restricted government rate. Due to the high incidence of misuse of this rate, we, as do most hotels, require a copy of government travel orders before allowing this rate to be used. As you mentioned, you were home on leave and both myself and our owner reiterated that we'd be happy to honor the government rate if you would be so kind as to send in a copy to either one of us so we can credit your bill for that holiday weekend. When you have those travel orders, please send them directly to us here at the hotel.
We appreciate your service to our country.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I had stayed for 1 night along with a friend. The room size and amenities were good. The name mentioned SPA but there was no spa facility. It is almost 20 minutes drive from niagra fall. There is no eating outlets or shops around. The restaurant lack quality and quantity. The best part is that it is on the bank of river and walk on the river side is very refreshing especially in the morning.

Dear Drparmod

Thank you for staying with Byblos on your recent group outing to Niagara Falls. Due to our location, we are able to offer the best travel value for groups like yours while still offering the Niagara Falls experiences. Our spa is currently under planning review and hopefully on your next visit up next year, you will find time to stay a bit longer and enjoy the serenity of Grand Island.

I look forward to meeting you in the future

Best Regards,

Reviewed 17 May 2014

made our first trip here for the big lions club spaghetti dinner and while we did not avail ourselves of hotel services, it seemed to be far spiffier than it had been in previous administrations and all staff seemed on top of the game

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank DOUGANDPOLLY

Dear Doug and Polly,

Thank you for your kind words about your visit to Byblos Grand Island while here to support the Grand Island Lion's Club Annual Spaghetti Dinner.
Our company purchased the hotel in early 2013 an we have been working diligently on upgrades and building enhancements for a better guest experience. We still have a long way to go but have an owner with deep hospitality roots guiding us along.
Please stop down again as I'd love to meet you both in person.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

This was the 2nd year we stayed here. Last year was great, the new owners this year seemed to go out of their way to make us unhappy. The function space is great the layout of the hotel worked very well for us, unfortunately the management leaves a lot to be desired. We were traveling with friends and each made our own reservations. I made multiple phone calls to get our rooms near each other and was basically told they wouldn't even try to accommodate us. Fortunately when we arrived there was one competent man working the desk and he got us adjoining rooms. Another friend was given his room and as he had been driving all day went to take a nap, while he was sleeping they gave the room to another patron who opened the door on my sleeping friend. Another friend upon arriving was told they had no record of his reservation, He was getting ready to drive back home when they "found" his reservation. This is only a quarter of the problems we had with this hotel. I will never stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the riverside have balconies, Other hotels have better service.
1  Thank Futur3h4wk

Dear Future3H4wk
Thank you for your recent comments about your stay here at Byblos Niagara for the EerieCon Science Fiction conference. Please accept our apologies for the confusion with your friend's suites and the mix-up that the clerk had with your keys for your friends room. With similar names, she should have been more careful. As for the adjoining rooms, we do try and block any special requests when we are aware of them but unfortunately, it sounds like there were no notations or adjoining rooms available for that busy weekend. It certainly isn't our intention to make you or your friends unhappy and I wish I could have helped when you were here. If you do decide to return, please do not hesitate to contact me directly to avoid any mix-up with suites and special requests.
Sincerely

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Rude did not know what they were doing. One person would say a charge for one thing and then something else for another. Double booked a room for a friend and another guest walked into the room while he was sleeping. Service for breakfast were like 10.29 each for that with tax very nonchalant did not know kids rates never refilled coffee no silverware.

Changed rooms because gave room to someone else. Just awful !!! Will NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN

1  Thank Traveler999922342

Dear Traveler999
Thank you for your recent comment about your stay for the Eerie Con Convention. My apologies to both you and your friends for the mix-up with your suites. I certainly do not like to hear that we made a mistake but we will continue to work with our staff to make sure that this does not occur again.

If I can be of service in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly

Also consider these accommodations in or near Grand Island
Wingate by Wyndham Niagara Falls
Wingate by Wyndham Niagara Falls
#11 of 52 in Niagara Falls
Super 8 Niagara Falls/Buffalo Area

Been to Radisson Hotel Niagara Falls - Grand Island? Share your experiences!