“One of the last great car hops”

Scarlotta's Car-Hop
Ranked #6 of 17 Restaurants in Granville
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Great menu and and they treat you like family. We have been going here for 16 years. They have so many different flavored of soft serve ice cream to choose from.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I have to admit that I almost passed this diner up because it did not look big enough to be a full diner nor did the exterior "invite" us. I am so glad we stopped. We were greeted by the owner himself. The kind of guy that looks like he could be anyone's best friend. At first, we were the only people there. He and his wife took our order and explained some of the menu items we had questions about. The primary question was if the sausage was truly homemade as it stated in the menu. It is. In fact, his wife makes the sausage in house. It is the perfect sausage for a great lunch sandwich with peppers and onions. The grilled cheese was gooey with a ton of cheese. I also recommend the beer battered onion rings. The prices are great. My grilled cheese was just $2. Our total bill for me and my three colleagues, with the very best ice cream, was $36. It's not the Belvedere or Cagney's in NYC...it is a family ran Americana diner and car hop. Yes, a car hop with window side service. This place was just great. To the owners, you did a great job. Glad we didn't pass you all up, after all. Did I mention how great the ice cream was? Do not come here and go away without having some of the best ice cream in eastern NY.

2  Thank schees1
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This restaurant will surely bring you back in time to a simpler place where ice cream was the dessert of choice on hot summer nights. Cars pull in packed with the little ones and the car hop girls come out to serve either dinner or ice cream specialties.
There is nothing special about the food...simply fried food and ice cream. Good fresh burgers, but nothing on the menu for the health minded vegetarian.
We go for the ice cream and to sit on the Granville "strip" and watch the traffic go by. They added a new deck and new outdoor furniture which adds a pop of color and everything felt very clean. Good, friendly service and prices are what you would expect for a burger/ice cream joint.

1  Thank freebirdVT
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Only stopped by for the ice cream. All six of us enjoyed our ice cream treats. They have over 20 flavors of soft- serve plus a few hard ice cream choices.