“It's like being at a four star hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Andrew Hotel

The Andrew Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Great Neck
Kansasville, Wisconsin
“It's like being at a four star hotel”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

If I could sum up my my recent stay at The Andrew hotel in one word it would be " excellence" .
I asked for everything and received everything ! The porter willy comically ran to my car with a smile on his face , Lori & Patti both never stopped offering their service or suggestions extremely nice desk girls. Several others who's names escape me now helped me with driving directions to the hotel. My only gripe was that awful scent of cigarette smoke that constantly seemed to find my nose from the person next to me. The restaurants near by are sure to satisfy your taste buds ! All around simply stated a very nice hotel

Room Tip: Don't choose one over the night club it can get loud
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Tessa L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Reviewed 22 November 2013

The little hotel is billed as a "boutique" hotel! And so on arriving I was expecting just that, boutique. Just let me tell you that this was a nice, clean quiet little hotel, with great , friendly staff, close to cute shops and. Interesting restaurants. But I believe that it isn't quite up to being "boutique". It is a bit dated, but cute, a bit small but clean. Good place to stay with helpful, friendly staff. Yes, a good place to stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Adah L
Seattle
Reviewed 27 October 2013

The staff at the Andrew provided us with excellent service during a nearly week long stay. They did not seem to mind that we were constantly bringing our car in and out of the valet parking as we dealt with numerous errands.

Our room was larger than I would have expected, clean, and well furnished.

The included continental breakfast is better than average.

Room Tip: The "standard" rooms vary a bit in size and furnishing. Room 208 is one of the larger one...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Potomac, Maryland
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Was visiting family nearby and this was a perfect location within walking distance of several good restaurants and interesting shops. Right across the street from the LIRR station if you want to go into the city. The staff was extremely friendly. We were traveling with our 3 year old grandson and the playground around the corner was a wonderful and much appreciated surprise. The only negative was that the room was on the small side. More of what you would expect in Manhattan not in the burbs.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 October 2013

i my travels, the most misused words to describe hotels are "quaint" and "boutique" -

Calling this a true "boutique" hotel is inappropriate

This could really be a great venue if they only paid attention to details.

if you are coming for a leisure weekend you should be fine but if you are coming for business and need the internet and other business related services or you just need good internet servicem you should investigate other options

The internet service is totally dysfunctional and what make it inexcusable is that this has been an ongoing problem that management is aware of but chooses not to correct.

Other annoying small things - for the room rate that they charge, they can easily spring for $.57 for 2 bottles of water instead of putting out the grossly overpriced bottles in the room for sale

Lighting in the room is marginal at best - the low wattage bulbs in the bed lamps make reading impossible - bring a book light..

Try to stay away from being over the restaurant or function room - they can run every night but Saturday and it can become VERY noisy and unpleasant unless you are far away from the chaos.

Also, if you do go, if you park in the municipal lot across the street, you WILL be ticketed and if you park in any of the close by office buildings (even on weekends) you WILL be towed. Finding parking on the street after 6PM is usually not a problem - if you can't the value should be used.

1 Thank wdchuck1
AndrewManager, General Manager at The Andrew Hotel, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Dear wdchuck1,
I appreciate you taking the time to give a review of the Hotel.
Your commetnts are taken very seriously, and will be followed up on. I would love the opportunity speak to you directly, it seems like you have stayed with us on more than one occasion. My goal is to ensure a pleasant stay for each guest, and I am sorry we did not meet your expectations. I hope to hear from you, I want to ensure your next stay will be a pleasant experience.

Warm regards,

Catherine M. De Lucia, CHA
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Stayed for 50th Manhasset High School reunion. Location superb - very convenient. We drove, but LIRR station is directly across the street. Valet parking $13/d - pretty quick valet service.
Pluses: very good service, comfortable bed, adequate continental breakfast.
Minuses: room quite small and lacking imagination, lots of street noise, esp. in the morning, bathroom tiny with VERY loud flushing toilet, small windows - not much view.
Described as "luxury" hotel but that is quite a stretch. Also, in this instance "boutique" means small rooms, small hotel.

Room Tip: Possibly higher floor is better - we were on 2 and hotel has 4 floors.
Bridgewater, New Jersey
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The Hotel was nice and clean. Decent size rooms. However, I missed the microwave in the room but the front desk person told me that they could get the breakfast room (located on 2nd floor) opened for me to use the microwave. Hence I give it 3 stars as a fridge and microwave are pretty important. Anyway when I requested them to let me access to breakfast room in evening , they sent the person to help me right away so I could reheat the soup I had got myself. The best part is the location and well it was good for my short business trip.

Room Tip: Try getting rooms on 2nd floor as that is where the breakfast and access to microwave is! :)
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
#1 of 3 in Roslyn
Best Western Queens Gold Coast
Holiday Inn Express ROSLYN - MANHASSET AREA
Knickerbocker Yacht Hotel

Been to The Andrew Hotel? Share your experiences!