“Average hotel, nothing special”
Review of The Andrew Hotel

The Andrew Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Great Neck
Easton, Massachusetts
“Average hotel, nothing special”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a NY wedding. The room was quite small and nothing special about it, considering it is advertised as a "luxury boutique hotel." There was nothing bad about it, though not all that much room. When you open the door to the bathroom, the door almost hits the toilet and not much room to maneuver. The WiFi in the room worked great!! The "deluxe continental breakfast" was just the usual pastries, cereal, bagels, coffee, juice and hard boiled eggs. The website talks of this hotel offering " the best of luxury hotels in New York, with a contemporary flair and value." I think they just need to scale it back a bit on their advertising. It was an AVERAGE hotel. At least everything was clean and fairly well kept. They have valet parking which we did have an issue with. We called in advance and asked for the car to be ready in twenty minutes. We went downstairs and waiting an additional 10 minutes as we figured it was just busy, no biggy. We then asked about our car and they knew nothing about it. Went to get "our car" and they came with someone else's car!!! They then messed around for another 10 minutes (we thought they lost our keys, etc) and finally got our car out. The bellman actually tried to blame it on US . saying "you gave us an old ticket." What?? Really?? Not "I'm so sorry for making a mistake?" We didn't mention this to management as we are generally very tolerant people, but they should be much more careful. Imagine if this other car was an expensive care and we had no morals??

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Islamorada
Reviewed 17 May 2014

The hotel was quite nice, Frank at the front desk is fabulous-but DO NOT ask the Hotel to recommend a cab company!! They had us call Ollie's Taxi Service and they were 15 minutes late and CHARGED US $100. TO GO AROUND THE BLOCK!!! We called our own taxi to get back and it was $9.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Riverhead, New York
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed at The Andrew hotel with my boyfriend. Staff are very friendly, polite and professional! The rooms are modern and a good size. Bathroom amenities are to die for!!! Great breakfast in the morning. Walking distance to all the boutiques and shops in town! I would stay here again!!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Bushkill, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We visit the Andrew every year at graduation time for the Merchant Marine Academy. Great location by the train station, friendly staff, nice rooms and some places nearby to shop or snack. Rooms are NYC priced but comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This hotel was such a find for us. It is conveniently located right next to the train station and an easy drive from the airport. Our client is down the street and the clean rooms and friendly staff make this hotel a great choice!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Kansasville, Wisconsin
Reviewed 17 March 2014

If I could sum up my my recent stay at The Andrew hotel in one word it would be " excellence" .
I asked for everything and received everything ! The porter willy comically ran to my car with a smile on his face , Lori & Patti both never stopped offering their service or suggestions extremely nice desk girls. Several others who's names escape me now helped me with driving directions to the hotel. My only gripe was that awful scent of cigarette smoke that constantly seemed to find my nose from the person next to me. The restaurants near by are sure to satisfy your taste buds ! All around simply stated a very nice hotel

Room Tip: Don't choose one over the night club it can get loud
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Tessa L
Reviewed 22 November 2013

The little hotel is billed as a "boutique" hotel! And so on arriving I was expecting just that, boutique. Just let me tell you that this was a nice, clean quiet little hotel, with great , friendly staff, close to cute shops and. Interesting restaurants. But I believe that it isn't quite up to being "boutique". It is a bit dated, but cute, a bit small but clean. Good place to stay with helpful, friendly staff. Yes, a good place to stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
#1 of 3 in Roslyn
Best Western Queens Gold Coast
Holiday Inn Express ROSLYN - MANHASSET AREA
Glen Cove Mansion and Conference Center

Been to The Andrew Hotel? Share your experiences!