“good place for a feast!”
Review of Colbeh

Colbeh
Ranked #9 of 114 Restaurants in Great Neck
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Persian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 November 2012

The wedding dinner we enjoyed there was served buffet style with cocktails before the ceremony, and then after the ceremony still more food was served family style. Personally I prefer presentation of a smaller plated meal, but everything was tasty, fresh and well prepared, with an enormous variety being one of the advantages of the buffet.

Reviewed 12 September 2012

Great service & Great food. Lots of food. Very good management. The food and service will get a return visit many times over to Colbeh.

Reviewed 21 August 2012

The food was good (don't order steak), the service was impeccable, but the restaurant was overrun with children, some of whom were taking off their clothes, being chased by mothers, yelling and screaming, and being generally like children. I felt like I was spending Shabbos with my grandchildren, which I enjoy very much; however, my husband and I were out for an upscale dinner alone together, having just shipped children and grandchildren back to Israel after a month of enjoying each others' company full-time in our home. I think we could have been seated in a more remote location in the dining rooms (there were two). Needless to say, we were disappointed and will not return to this restaurant on a weekend again.

Reviewed 15 June 2012 via mobile

As kosher restaurants go, choices aren't plenty. The Colbeh restaurants are based on a very simple recipe: meat or chicken, white or yellow (cumin spiced) rice and more cumin. The food is very filling and somewhat overpriced for the earlier mentioned simplicity. Still, once in a while a human needs cumin.

Reviewed 27 April 2012

the service is great. The food is so so.
If you like kosher food then its great.