“Birthday celebration”

Morton's The Steakhouse - Great Neck
Reserve with OpenTable
Morton's The Steakhouse - Great Neck is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 109 Restaurants in Great Neck
Price range: US$90 - US$110
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Lakeville Road
New York City, New York
“Birthday celebration”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

Well, to start the menu was personalized with my name and date of birth. Our server, Michelle was so wonderful...perfect in every way! We had shrimp cocktail, bacon wrapped scallops, escargot as appetizers. All were delicious and beautifully presented. I had Rib eye as main dish...perfectly cooked. Sides: brussel sprouts, garlic mashed potatoes and asparagus. Caesar salad. Dessert - Keylime pie. Everything was delicious. Photograph taken at the end of the meal and presented in a frame to take home.

• Visited January 2014

Selden, New York
“Decent Steak but mediocre at best”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

The service was poor. Ordered a Porterhouse and it was good and cooked to my liking. Creamed corn looked nothing like creamed corn and was spicy. Service was slow and had to ask for water twice. These prices I should not have to ask. My wife ordered a chopped spinach salad with warm bacon dressing and the dressing was cold and sparse. Had to send that and the baked potato back which was also cold. Took a long time to get the salad back. Overall a waste of money. Had I not had gift certificates might not have come.

Great Neck, NY
“Don't waste your money here -”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

Recently visited with a friend - had dinner in the bar area - i didn't see one person in the restaurant area - we were sharing appie, salad, main course & side, which we told them from the start - we got a drink & then placed our meal order - no sooner had the server left than she was back with our hot appetizer & bread - seriously, like in a flash. As soon as she dropped off the appetizer, she was back with our salad. At that, we explained that we were NOT in a hurry & did not want our steak or potato until we were done with our appie & salad. Don't you know that we hadn't even started our salad when out she came with our steak & potato - we refused to take it & she apologized & took it back - i knew they could never re-serve the same steak as we had ordered medium rare & the steak we got was delicious. BUT, what i didn't realize at the time, the $12 baked potato that was originally served to us, was the same one that they had tried to serve to us earlier - it was so disgusting i couldn't even eat it. Oh, and they finally cleared the crumbs away after a long time - for the price you pay there you could go to a really good steakhouse with good service - don't waste your money here!

• Visited December 2013
Valley Stream, New York, USA
“Outstanding Food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Warm, friendly and no rush service. Steaks were cooked to perfection and the sides and desserts were outstanding.

Visited October 2013
New York
“Overpriced and Very Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

I went here with 3 other people. We had a reservation for 8:30pm. Upon arrival at 8:30pm our table wasnt ready so we hung out by the bar and had drinks. We were seated about 20 minutes later. There were so many issues with our dinner, I dont know where to start. Our utensils were disgustingly dirty. Then, 2 out of 4 of the entrees were wrong. I had a conversation with our waitress about how I am a pescatarian (fish eating vegetarian). I ordered the salmon and shrimp mixed grill. I was served salmon and bacon wrapped scallops. Didnt we JUST talk about how I do not eat meat? My aunt also ordered the same mixed grill as I did and was given the salmon entree instead. The manager happened to come over so we told him about the mix up. My entree was fixed and my aunt was given the shrimp she had originally requested on the side. The waitress admitted she made the mistake upon entering it into the computer. Then my husband was given a Tanqueray and tonic in a cracked glass. The icing on the cake was at the end when we had requested the check. Items that we did not order were on our bill. I gave our server my Landry's Select card to use rewards I had. She never thought to actually check the bill before bringing it back to us. It took us telling her about 3 times before she brought the correct check to us. This was like amateur night. For what you pay to eat here, I expect impeccable service. I will never go back to Morton's in my life. I did complain about this night and was contacted by the general manager who invited my party back for appetizers and drinks but that does not fix what took place that night. I would have rather been given my rewards back so that I could use them at Vic & Anthony's. Do not waste your time and money here. Go somewhere else.

• Visited October 2013