“Will NEVER GO BACK!!!!!”
Review of Ponte Mollo

Ponte Mollo
Reserve with OpenTable
Ponte Mollo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 112 Restaurants in Great Neck
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Westminster Road
Description: You won't find an Italian Restaurant with more authentic flavours and tastes than right here at Ponte Mollo! When you want to dine with friends or family while enjoying a warm atmosphere and a meal of taste-filled magnificence, our Italian restaurant is here. With the finest Italian menu in the area, our exotic dishes are sure to please adventurous or traditional palates with amazing soup, antipasti, pasta fresca, insalata, pasta and carni! Our Wine Bar is perfect for a cool, casual evening, a girls’ night out, or a relaxing glass of wine after work! Come by and enjoy a glass of Prosecco or choose from our wide variety of wine and tapas. We offer a great selection at a range of prices for any occasion. For full menus and more information on catering services, dinner parties or large celebrations, please visit our website or give us a call to schedule your reservation. Join us tonight at Ponte Mollo and taste the authentic flavours of Italy right here in Long Island!
Eastchester, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Will NEVER GO BACK!!!!!”
Reviewed 18 November 2012

DO NOT HAVE A PRIVATE PARTY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! unless you want to be EMBARRASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I honestly wouldn't even give this place 1 star but its not an option!

I had my mother's 60th birthday party here last night and it was the WORST party I have ever had! I have never in my life being treated like this!

First, there was not enough food, some of my guests didn't even eat!!! Every time the plate was passed to them it was empty!!!! How embarrassing to invite people to a dinner, they bring a gift , and they don't even get to eat! Some of my guests were going to the diner after!

I told the owner MARCO that we needed more plates of food (dinner and appetizers were family style ) and he said that for $48/pp + 20% gratuity and tax , this is all the food you are getting!!! Can you imagine! ALmost $60 per person , all in and not enough food!

Second, we arrived and there was not enough seats for people, we had to move chairs and had tables added to accommodate the number of guests that I specifically told MARCO we were having 5 days prior!

Third, the room was so cramped and we couldn't even move around. I was told it fits 30 comfortably and we couldn't have the larger room because we didn't have enough guests. The larger room was EMPTY! and we were all squashed like sardines in the smaller room!

Lastly, the check arrives and he charges us for 3 MORE people then we actually had!! We should pay for 3 LESS people, since at least 3 people didn't get to eat but at least charge us for people that were there!!!

ALL in ALL, it was a complete DISASTER! Unorganized, rude owners, not enough food! Only people that were accommodating were the bartenders!

If you want to have a well run party, you are much better off going to Giardino's or Il Bacco, both right down the block and much more accommodating with more than enough food.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Michele P

Long Island, NY
“I love this place so much!”
Reviewed 5 July 2012

I found this place last year when looking for an Italian restaurant to dine with another couple. My husband and I are vegetarian and I am picky about Italian food - feel the majority is thick pastas drowned in heavy sauces.

I absolutely loved this place the moment I stepped foot inside. I felt like I was back in Florence! Even though we had a reservation we were kept waiting a while, but it was worth it. Everything I ate melted in my mouth. I have never been able to eat a complete three course meal because at most restaurants the portion sizes are too large. But at Vespa everything was sized just right. They know what they are doing with their pastas!

The last time I went (March) I also had the pleasure of trying their Tuscan Bread Pudding which was also just delicious.

My husband feels they are charging prices comparable to NYC, but honestly I think their food is worth it. Parking is a bit of an issue.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank paypar
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“We will go back”
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Just ate there a couple nights ago. I had the liver. It was melt in your mouth. Salads were good. My girlfriend's dinner was good too. The maitre de is a character. Nice guy. Overall good service. For the combination of service, price, etc. we will go back.

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank ern50s
NYC
“Poor service, fake wine list”
Reviewed 8 January 2012

The 3 different wines on the wine list that we tried to order were unavailable, but not before they tried to deliver a 2007 wine at the price they had on the wine list for a 2001. Really. Then the maitre d offered a to open a Jeroboam of a wine at twice the price of the wine we originally ordered. He was going to open a $300 bottle of wine and serve half?

Our waitress had to excuse herself to get someone else to describe how the dishes were prepared. Really.

A member of our party had been there many times for lunch, with no problems. But on a Saturday night, this was no way to treat guests.

The food was good, but stay away from this place.

4 Thank nooyorker
NY
“Good, neighborhood italian”
Reviewed 11 December 2011

Good food, nice owners but service is spotty. Good wines. 2nd room a bit strange (atmosphere). Great pastas. Some people find the specials not that appealing, and main menu too limited. But we like the food and enjoy it.