Inn at Great Neck, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Great Neck
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Stayed here for a week while visiting family in the area for the holidays. Service was excellent, staff were always smiling and helpful. The room was spacious and clean. Breakfast buffet had a large choice, loved the fresh bagels!
Only two blocks from the Long Island Rail road station, and close to restaurants and shops in town.....try the Great Neck Diner for the best burgers!!
Highly recommend, and we'll be back!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Franklin M, General Manager at Inn at Great Neck, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Thank you for your superb review. I am delighted to read that you consider the Hotel "A gem."

I am always pleased when I read that our staff made our guests feel welcome and comfortable. Our customer service is of utmost importance to me and our entire team.

I am also very happy to read that you enjoy our extensive breakfast buffet, specifically our fresh bagels. It's great to know that you enjoy the surrounding area as well along with the Inn's close proximity to New York City via the Long Island Rail Road.

We look forward to being your host again in the very near future. I thank you for your time and consideration.

All the best! Happy New Year!!

Reviewed 3 January 2014

I travel often and make it a point to stay here every chance I get. This is why:

1. They treat every level as though it is a concierge level so they don't need one. Asked for something the other day and I had it in less than a minute. I think they sprinted up the stairs.
2. The staff is very respectful and helpful.
3. The restaurant is really good. They often have specials in the evening that are worth trying. Salad dressings are fresh, entrees are cooked as expected but if you have any special requests they try to make it happen. I love the Tuna Nicoise salad and the Chicken Milanesa sandwich
4. The beds are awesome and they have black-out curtains
5. The train is 1/2 block from the hotel and the ride to Penn Station is about 30 minutes.
6. It is located in a small, upscale community. Everything is easily within walking distance.
7. It is less expensive than comparable hotels in New York.

This is the only hotel I stay at when I am in the New York City area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Franklin M, General Manager at Inn at Great Neck, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Thank you for such a nice review and a detailed one. We certainly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us and other travelers. We are grateful for your loyalty and we are delighted to read all the reasons why you select us over other hotels, including those in New York City.

I am delighted to read that our staff is very accommodating to your needs, which is so very important to all of us. We pride ourselves on exceptional customer service.

I am also very pleased to see that you are enjoying our new Restaurant and the food and service provided.

You really listed all of the things we try to promote to potential guests. The fact that you mentioned our new beds and bedding is terrific, as that is something we really want our guests to enjoy. I am also very happy to read that you enjoy the town itself and the close proximity to the train station.

Again, thank you for your time and consideration. We certainly look forward to be your host again in the very near future.

All the best! Happy New Year!!!

Reviewed 25 December 2013

We had a great experience. The location and service were wonderful. We stayed in room 312 with two small kids from December 19-22. The hotel provided a pack and play and high chair. The valet service was especially nice. They were quick efficient and friendly. We truly were pleasantly surprised by how accommodating everyone was. Thank you Inn at Great Neck. We would definitely return.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Franklin M, General Manager at Inn at Great Neck, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback. I thank you for your time and consideration. We are delighted that we were able to provide you with services and amenities that made you feel pleasantly surprised.

Our goal is to do our best in meeting all requests from our guests, while applying our self-imposed customer service philosophy, which is to exceed our guests' expectations.

We certainly hope that we may be your host hotel again in the not too distant future. Please continue to share your experience with the Inn at Great Neck with others.

Happy New Year to you and yours!

Reviewed 21 December 2013

I travel all over the US and recently stayed at the Inn Great Neck, NY. I was greeted by Paul and he ensured all my needs were met for my 3 day stay- great room, ice on request, called for taxi service and always asking if ther was anything I needed. The onsite restaurant Brassierie is excellent and Joanna Davila was beyond exception. She was friendly, helpful, and made you feel you were the only person that she had to wait on. The manager was eager to make sure that my colleague and I had the best experience. I would definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Franklin M, General Manager at Inn at Great Neck, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2013

Thank you for your time and consideration and leaving us a review on TripAdvisor. We certainly appreciate it.

I am delighted to read that our team members made you feel welcome and comfortable. We pride ourselves on exceptional customer service, and it's great that one recognizes it. Simply stated, it is simply outstanding. I am going to be sure to share this with all.

I also thank you for recognizing the service and food in the new Brasserie Americana Restaurant within the Inn at Great Neck.

All the best to you and yours! It is our hopes that you and your colleague will soon return to the Inn at Great Neck.

Happy Holidays and a very Happy New Year!

Reviewed 18 December 2013

My 3 night stay at the Inn at Great Neck was a wonderful experience. We had a room with two double beds and it was very spacious. The beds were extremely comfortable and the room temperature just right, but we also had the option of a/c or heating. Nice little touches were the complimentary bottle of water and newspaper with a sheet with the local weather for that day, which was very helpful. The bathroom was nice with a powerful shower, however on the last morning the water wasn't very hot and when I mentioned it to the reception they said I should have told them and they would have turned up the thermostat, which I will remember for next time, because I will definitely be staying there again! The staff were extremely helpful and nothing was a problem. The hotel is a five minute walk from Great Neck station, so getting into Manhattan was no problem and also the shops and restaurants nearby were great. All in all it was a wonderful experience and I can't wait to go back again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Franklin M, General Manager at Inn at Great Neck, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Thank you for your kind review along with your time and consideration. We certainly appreciate your feedback.

I am very pleased to read that you found our new Serendipity Suite Sleeper beds comfortable throughout your stay and that you enjoyed the "little touches" we provide to all our guests. Ultimately we believe it is the little things and touches that have the biggest impact.

We're also pleased that you found the surrounding area to be nice and convenient. Many of our guests truly enjoy the area and the close proximity to New York City.

We hope that you will in fact return in the near future. Again, thank you for your time and consideration.

All the best! Happy Holidays to you and yours!!

Reviewed 15 December 2013

The web site is a bit confusing as to the location of the hotel. The hotel is in the town of Great Neck, although in a couple of places on the web site the address was given as in the bork of Queens. I pointed this out to the hotel so hopefully this will correct this bit of confusion.
The hotel was very accommodating when with airline delays we did not arrive until 2 am (I had updated them). We did turn down the offer of a wake up call.
The room (executive suite) was well appointed with a microwave, refrigerator, and Keurig coffee maker. Cutlery and dishes are available on request. Water pressure in the shower was a bit weak. Initially the room was a bit overheated (74 degrees in December), but this was fixed immediately after I pointed it out to the front desk. The hotel is a block walk to Middle Neck Road, the main drag in town. The hotel is convenient to Manhattan with a Long Island railroad station one block away. Of course that meant that the railroad tracks were right outside the window. Thanks to the extra plexiglass covering the window, the train was just audible if you were awake, but it certainly did not wake us up.
Valet parking was very quick and easy to use. We did not have time to use the small hotel gym. The hotel also has an arrangement allowing guests to use a full service gym about a block away.
I recommend the Inn at Great Neck for anyone who needs to be in the Great Neck area and even as an alternative to midtown Manhattan hotels which cost more and have smaller rooms.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Franklin M, General Manager at Inn at Great Neck, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Thank you for your review. We certainly appreciate your feedback and input. We're delighted to read that you found our room/suite to be well appointed. We're also delighted to read that you found the hotel to be in a convenient location and a nice alternative to New York City (Manhattan).

I do apologize that our website was not clear and you believe it did not indicate we are in Great Neck, Long Island (Nassau County). We're in close proximity to the borough of Queens but we do not list the Hotel as being in Queens. We did check, and everything we read and see on our website appears to have the correct information. If you would like to send us a link that shows different, we would be glad to look into the matter a bit more.

Again, thank you for your time and consideration. We are pleased that you found the hotel to be luxurious as well as the surrounding town, as both are very important to us.

We hope to have you as our guests again in the very near future.

All the best and Happy Holidays!

Reviewed 12 December 2013

The staff at the Inn at Great Neck goes above and beyond. Our room was clean. The mattresses and pillows were extremely comfortable. The sheets were soft. The towels plush. The lobby and the area around the Inn was decorated for the holiday season and walking around the quaint town was an extra bonus. Upon checking in we were greeted with room service of chocolate covered strawberries and fresh baked cookies that an associate had preordered. After returning late from our business meetings we had missed dinner and were famished and ordered an omelet that hit the spot. We did not have the pleasure of eating dinner at the hotel restaurant but the guests that we talked to seemed to enjoy their meals there. If you have the opportunity to stay here be sure to walk the town and discover chocolate at Lazars and great Italian food at LaGiaconda.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 5th floor that faced the street. We could open our windows and get fresh air.