“Clean-well maintained rooms”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Great Neck
Chicago, IL
“Clean-well maintained rooms”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I've stayed at the Inn at Great Neck for a total of four nights - 3 stays. My only negative is that they seem to limit the amount of hot water for showers-water starts out hot but quickly turns luke warm to slightly cold shower. Clean-nicely maintained rooms. Love the Keurig coffee service.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back are next to the train tracks, so you will have train noise.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Franklin M, General Manager at Inn at Great Neck, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to read that you found our rooms to be clean and well maintained. I also thank you for sharing your concerns with us. We have been experiencing sporadic hot water problems throughout the Hotel. Because of that, we have invested a lot of resources to completely rectify the problem by purchasing brand new state-of-the-art hot water heaters and boilers. They have been installed and they will be turned on within the next couple of days, as the old ones are disconnected. With that said, we are confident that our recent hot water issues will be a thing of the past for many, many years to come.

One of the things we are committed to doing at the Inn at Great Neck is always improving and making progress in all areas for the overall comfort of our guests. We hope that you will see just that upon your return, and others as well when they select the Inn to be their host.

Thank you again for your time and consideration.

All the best!

~Franklin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Columbus, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 16 January 2014

This hotel is lovely. It is nicely located in the center of Great Neck. Walking distance to some great restaurants. It is clean and well kept. It had a few nice touches like a Keurig and full size umbrellas for use in each room. I was surprised at how big the rooms were. The bed was very comfortable and our stay was quiet. I definitely recommend this hotel if you want or need to get away from the major hotel chains.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Maggie W
Franklin M, General Manager at Inn at Great Neck, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 18 January 2014
Thank you for your time and consideration in leaving us your review. We certainly appreciate it. We are very happy to read that you enjoyed our independent hotel. We thank you for noticing and pointing out all of the little things we provide our guests, as more often than not, they are the important things. We also thank you for recognizing the size of our rooms, as they are considerably larger than your average hotel, including those nearby.

We are also pleased to read that you enjoyed our new Serendipity Suite Sleeper mattresses, which were are custom made gel infused pillow top beds. I am also delighted to read that you enjoyed the surrounding area, as so many of our guests do. That is equally important to us.

Keep in mind that even though we are not affiliated with any chain hotel, we do offer Stash Hotel Rewards, which is the leading reward program for independent hotels and the independent traveler.

We hope to be your host again in the very near future.

All the best!

Ambleside, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Stayed here for a week while visiting family in the area for the holidays. Service was excellent, staff were always smiling and helpful. The room was spacious and clean. Breakfast buffet had a large choice, loved the fresh bagels!
Only two blocks from the Long Island Rail road station, and close to restaurants and shops in town.....try the Great Neck Diner for the best burgers!!
Highly recommend, and we'll be back!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Franklin M, General Manager at Inn at Great Neck, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Thank you for your superb review. I am delighted to read that you consider the Hotel "A gem."

I am always pleased when I read that our staff made our guests feel welcome and comfortable. Our customer service is of utmost importance to me and our entire team.

I am also very happy to read that you enjoy our extensive breakfast buffet, specifically our fresh bagels. It's great to know that you enjoy the surrounding area as well along with the Inn's close proximity to New York City via the Long Island Rail Road.

We look forward to being your host again in the very near future. I thank you for your time and consideration.

All the best! Happy New Year!!

San Antonio
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I travel often and make it a point to stay here every chance I get. This is why:

1. They treat every level as though it is a concierge level so they don't need one. Asked for something the other day and I had it in less than a minute. I think they sprinted up the stairs.
2. The staff is very respectful and helpful.
3. The restaurant is really good. They often have specials in the evening that are worth trying. Salad dressings are fresh, entrees are cooked as expected but if you have any special requests they try to make it happen. I love the Tuna Nicoise salad and the Chicken Milanesa sandwich
4. The beds are awesome and they have black-out curtains
5. The train is 1/2 block from the hotel and the ride to Penn Station is about 30 minutes.
6. It is located in a small, upscale community. Everything is easily within walking distance.
7. It is less expensive than comparable hotels in New York.

This is the only hotel I stay at when I am in the New York City area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Franklin M, General Manager at Inn at Great Neck, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
Thank you for such a nice review and a detailed one. We certainly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us and other travelers. We are grateful for your loyalty and we are delighted to read all the reasons why you select us over other hotels, including those in New York City.

I am delighted to read that our staff is very accommodating to your needs, which is so very important to all of us. We pride ourselves on exceptional customer service.

I am also very pleased to see that you are enjoying our new Restaurant and the food and service provided.

You really listed all of the things we try to promote to potential guests. The fact that you mentioned our new beds and bedding is terrific, as that is something we really want our guests to enjoy. I am also very happy to read that you enjoy the town itself and the close proximity to the train station.

Again, thank you for your time and consideration. We certainly look forward to be your host again in the very near future.

All the best! Happy New Year!!!

miami
Reviewed 25 December 2013

We had a great experience. The location and service were wonderful. We stayed in room 312 with two small kids from December 19-22. The hotel provided a pack and play and high chair. The valet service was especially nice. They were quick efficient and friendly. We truly were pleasantly surprised by how accommodating everyone was. Thank you Inn at Great Neck. We would definitely return.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Franklin M, General Manager at Inn at Great Neck, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback. I thank you for your time and consideration. We are delighted that we were able to provide you with services and amenities that made you feel pleasantly surprised.

Our goal is to do our best in meeting all requests from our guests, while applying our self-imposed customer service philosophy, which is to exceed our guests' expectations.

We certainly hope that we may be your host hotel again in the not too distant future. Please continue to share your experience with the Inn at Great Neck with others.

Happy New Year to you and yours!

Clayville, New York
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I travel all over the US and recently stayed at the Inn Great Neck, NY. I was greeted by Paul and he ensured all my needs were met for my 3 day stay- great room, ice on request, called for taxi service and always asking if ther was anything I needed. The onsite restaurant Brassierie is excellent and Joanna Davila was beyond exception. She was friendly, helpful, and made you feel you were the only person that she had to wait on. The manager was eager to make sure that my colleague and I had the best experience. I would definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Franklin M, General Manager at Inn at Great Neck, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 22 December 2013
Thank you for your time and consideration and leaving us a review on TripAdvisor. We certainly appreciate it.

I am delighted to read that our team members made you feel welcome and comfortable. We pride ourselves on exceptional customer service, and it's great that one recognizes it. Simply stated, it is simply outstanding. I am going to be sure to share this with all.

I also thank you for recognizing the service and food in the new Brasserie Americana Restaurant within the Inn at Great Neck.

All the best to you and yours! It is our hopes that you and your colleague will soon return to the Inn at Great Neck.

Happy Holidays and a very Happy New Year!

London
Reviewed 18 December 2013

My 3 night stay at the Inn at Great Neck was a wonderful experience. We had a room with two double beds and it was very spacious. The beds were extremely comfortable and the room temperature just right, but we also had the option of a/c or heating. Nice little touches were the complimentary bottle of water and newspaper with a sheet with the local weather for that day, which was very helpful. The bathroom was nice with a powerful shower, however on the last morning the water wasn't very hot and when I mentioned it to the reception they said I should have told them and they would have turned up the thermostat, which I will remember for next time, because I will definitely be staying there again! The staff were extremely helpful and nothing was a problem. The hotel is a five minute walk from Great Neck station, so getting into Manhattan was no problem and also the shops and restaurants nearby were great. All in all it was a wonderful experience and I can't wait to go back again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Franklin M, General Manager at Inn at Great Neck, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Thank you for your kind review along with your time and consideration. We certainly appreciate your feedback.

I am very pleased to read that you found our new Serendipity Suite Sleeper beds comfortable throughout your stay and that you enjoyed the "little touches" we provide to all our guests. Ultimately we believe it is the little things and touches that have the biggest impact.

We're also pleased that you found the surrounding area to be nice and convenient. Many of our guests truly enjoy the area and the close proximity to New York City.

We hope that you will in fact return in the near future. Again, thank you for your time and consideration.

All the best! Happy Holidays to you and yours!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Great Neck
Adria Hotel And Conference Center
Garden City Hotel
Garden City Hotel
#2 of 4 in Garden City

Been to Inn at Great Neck, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!