“A great place to stay”

Inn at Great Neck, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Great Neck
Reviewed 15 November 2010

This is a small "luxury" hotel, at a resonable price, located about 35 minutes by train from the center of New York City. I have stayed here several times, and each time it gets better. The staff is wonderful, and always so helpful, for anything you may need, from the valet parking to the housekeepers. The rooms are immaculate, and the beds are really comfortable. One of the best things for me is that you can fall out of the hotel and land right at the Long Island Railroad (LIRR) station, and in 35 minutes you are in mid-town Manhattan, for about $15 round trip. If you want, there are about 10 different reataurants within walking distance, and ample shopping right there. All in all, it is a find, especially if you don't want to stay in midtown NYC.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 22 October 2010

Stayed here for one night on business. Very comfortable hotel and the service was excellent from the bellhops to the wait staff. Unfortunately the restaurant is average at best - salad was not fresh and the chicken was dry. Highly recommend the hotel but eat at a restaurant in town - there a plenty within a short walk.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 October 2010

I stayed at this hotel with my boyfriend for my brother's wedding, which lasted until about 10pm, so we checked in rather late, around 11. We went to the room, unpacked a little, and changed to go to the after party nearby. We asked the guy at the front desk (whose attention was hard to get) where the restaurant was, and he had no idea, he looked it up on the computer and then said he couldn't describe how to get there. It was literally down the block and around the corner. We thought that was weird. Then we danced and partied the night away, and got back around 3am. He was still there, we said hello as we passed and went to our room. The key wouldn't work. So we went down, and he started to say, "oh, right, well this weird thing happened, where we had a discrepancy, and we had to take your stuff out of the room..." and I was like "excuse me? you took our stuff out without calling me? where is it?" It was in the bell hop room near the front desk. My clothes had been stuffed back into my bag, which was open, and my boyfriend's rented tux, which had been laid out to make sure he had all the pieces to return, had been shoved in his bag which was also open. I caused a fuss, demanding to know why they'd done that and claimed I wouldn't pay for the room (I was a tad drunk, and exhausted, but definitely thought I had reason to be angry). He (Eric) really couldn't give me a straight answer, just said it was his mistake, and that we could go back to the same room! So the bell hop carted our stuff back to the same room, stuff falling all over the place since they hadn't closed the bags, and proceeded to apologize and say it wasn't his fault, etc (which I don't think it was), and that he had made sure to get everything of ours, blah blah...we didn't notice anything missing, but it really wasn't a pleasurable experience after a long, wonderful day at my brother's wedding. It was very strange, and I wouldn't stay there again or recommend it, even though they knocked $50 off my bill.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank blah4
Reviewed 10 May 2010

We went here for our honeymoom. Picked the Inn because of the King Jaccuzi room. Pricey for us, but totally worth it for a special occasion. The staff was nice and some many lovely ammenities in the room. It was perfect for us.

Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2010

I stayed there to be near a family event at the Andrew Hotel. The Inn is much nice than the Andrew and the service much better. The room was nice and modern, with a comfortable chair and ottoman, and a balcony, and the room was quiet. What stood out was the service; they really try to accommodate you. The hotel has a tiny gym but they give you a pass to a nearby health club, which was OK, but certainly much bigger. It's only 2 blocks from the train. When I have to return to Great Neck for family event, I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 March 2010

Booked 20 rooms for the night following my daughters wedding in Roslyn.Director of Sales Ryan Owenburg was a pleasure to deal with.He put together the rooms,shuttle,after wedding party and breakfast the following morning.All went off flawlessly(even during a torrential rain and wind storm).Hotel and staff were excellent.We all had a great stay.

• Stayed: March 2010
Reviewed 21 July 2009

After 14 consecutive nights here, I can say that this is a marvelous hotel. Service is great and friendly and its location superb. The best in the area.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
#2 of 3 in Roslyn
Adria Hotel And Conference Center
Hilton Garden Inn Roslyn
Best Western Queens Gold Coast

Been to Inn at Great Neck, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!