“Excellent Trip and Employee Lisa Made it Even Better!”

Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Birchwood Acres
Sound Beach, New York
“Excellent Trip and Employee Lisa Made it Even Better!”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We had an absolute blast this past week at Jellystone. Even though it rained and some of the outdoor activities had to be altered, the replacement activities were excellent. One employee, Lisa, made the trip even more special. When my daughter was having an asthma attack, Lisa was sympathetic, assisted in finding a spot for her to sit with her nebulizer, gave her something to color, and even had Yogi Bear come say hi to put a smile on her face! Lisa also did an excellent job organizing and running the activities and monitoring the staff. We had one minor issue when we were there and she handled it IMMEDIATELY and rectified the situation instantly. Thank you to Jellystone for a great week and to Lisa for doing a fabulous job!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My son had a great time at this campground, he made alot of nice friends.
Bathrooms are grounds are kept very clean.

The park does not have many planned activities for the kids, you are given a list at the front desk but in my opinion they are lacking in this area. The pool was freezing cold.
I was looking forward to a nice week but ended up next to a group of 30 people who NEVER stopped talking and playing music. I ended up yelling at them at about 4am to be quiet.

The area that this park is located in is a mixed bag. Most of people in town are on welfare and I even saw prostitutes in the town ! Right on the same block of the campground were hundreds of men in black, I had to explain to my son about different cultures and also had to explain that they don't talk to us...try explaining that to a 5 year old.

I don't want to give the park a 'bad review' because I had a good time...It may be a good idea for the campground to have 'group camping areas' so the loud people can be kept out of way of family campers who want a nice camping experience with their kids.

I complained to the front desk about paying $70 for a tent site....they told me they could refund my money back if I wanted to leave. Nicer people would have tried to find us a different site 'without all the noise and louse music', but this red-headed woman at the front desk it NOT friendly. They could have easily found us another site, but they couldn't be bothered. I ended up leaving a day early because I wasn't paying $70 for another sleepless night. I'm exhausted.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Lynn M
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

My two kids, wife and myself first time camping and we are glad we pick this place to be the first. It will certainly not be the last because the kids asked when are we coming back.. The staff was very hospitable especially a women by the name of Lisa.. always had a smile on her face and was very eager to help anyone....We rented an RV, site#302 very cool experience.. Thank you Jellystone from the Morales family..

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jonathan M
New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We have enjoyed visiting the New York Jellystone Park at Birchwood Acres for the past four years. My wife and I, along with our two young daughters (6 and 8 yrs.), have come to expect a high level of service and amenities and this park has never disappointed. We camped in a travel trailer for weekend and week-long stays, mostly. The facilities are very clean and maintained by a great maintenance crew. The children love the activities,the characters, the spray pool, the jumping pillow and playground equipment. Activities director, Lisa, and the recreation staff really know how to entertain children with fun activities and by giving them the attention they need. Greeting children by name, with a friendly hug, celebrating their birthdays, or just taking the time to listen to what children have to say, may be a small gesture to some, but I believe it shows attention to detail that makes the family feel welcome and look forward to returning. A special thanks and a hug from my girls goes to Vicky! Although the park has made a transition to new ownership, we are pleased to see the familiar faces of returning staff because the family atmosphere is the same. There have also been improvements and renovations to facilities such as, new game room, golf cart rentals, theater, store, laser tag, deck overlooking the lake, laundry room and landscaping. More changes planned. Anytime there is a change in management there are growing pains and no business is immune to this. I have to give high marks to the new park manager, Jennifer, for helping to make the transition as smooth as possible and for making people feel welcome.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank J M
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

When I called up for a reservation I was told that I was not eligible for a full site with 30 amps of power for my popup trailer, because my trailor was under 21 feet. When my family and I got to our site we had a nice quiet first night, but for the next 3 days and evening's it was a nightmare. The staff could not keep the cabin campers in check with their ethnic loud music playing. One of the campers next to us left early because of the loud music. Even after a number of people who complained, the music was still to loud. Only the last night was peaceful, but the day was noisy. The rules were not in forced. This might have been the place I started camping but I will never be going back.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Libert S
Kelly S, Public Relations Manager at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Birchwood Acres, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Libert S,

We appreciate your review of Jellystone Park™ at Birchwood Acres and thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the level of noise you experienced during your stay with us. Our goal is for every guest to enjoy their time with us and will make sure to address this with the staff to ensure that the campground rules are being followed by all of our guests.

It’s our hope that you will reconsider staying with us again and let us know how we’re doing.

The Jellystone Park™ at Birchwood Acres Team
Upstate NY
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We just got back from this campground. We had a wonderful time and I wished we had stayed the full week. It was insanely busy 2pm check in time on Saturday yet the staff wasn't complaining. They had smiles on their faces and laughing even though it looked stressful. We stayed from Sat to Wed and it slowed way down after Sunday.

The characters were wonderful. My kids really do not know who Yogi and his friends are but that didn't matter. The character interaction is fantastic. I didn't think it would be much more than a wave but they get down on their level, hugs, pictures taken, and Cindy bear came to our camp to give my twin girls their cupcakes for their 4th birthday. The bears do many activities with the kids too. We did hoola hoops, simon says, potato sack races, wagon/firetruck rides and colored among the few things. We used the field and played shuffleboard too. Oh and can't forget the pool. The splash pool was so nice and great for all of us, not just little ones. The bigger pool was chilly but warmed up a bit in the afternoon. It's not heated and they are located in the mountains so of course it will get cool at night and cool the water off.

They are doing many renovations now with new owners. Plus, putting in a water park area. There is plenty to do now and will be much more in the future. This is not just a campground for little kids. There were adult activities and teen activities too. I would come back when my kids are teens.

I have 2 complaints. One is the snack bar and craft items are all cash only. If you plan to use these often, bring a lot of cash. We didn't so we missed out of some fun crafts. The other is check in is on a hill. It made us a bit nervous parking our 5th wheel on a hill to check in since there wasn't a designated area to pull off to park. Maybe they will change that with the reservations?

Yes, it's a little pricey but worth it. We were extremely pleased and will return!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We have been coming to Jellystone at this location for years. The staff has always been wonderful and everything clean.

We used to tent camp here and now we camp with an RV - both experiences were great. The boncey house, pool, spray park, theater, firetruck ride...all great. A lot of activities to pick from.

I know there are new owners and I see some great improvements with more to come!

Can't wait for our next trip!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Days Inn Liberty
Days Inn Liberty
#1 of 3 in Liberty
Villa Roma Resort and Conference Center

Been to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Birchwood Acres? Share your experiences!