“Cliffside Resort”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Greenport
Staten Island, New York
“Cliffside Resort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

My friends and I stayed at the Cliffside Resort this past weekend. We were unsure at first about staying the weekend in North Fork since it has been a very cold winter. Luckily we had a 60 degree day which made our stay that much better. Each unit has two balconies and our room overlooked the water. After our day traveling to numerous vineyards in the area (sparkling wine being my favorite) we watched sunset from our balcony. It was like nothing I have experienced before – absolutely gorgeous!! We were able to have cocktails and appetizers in the kitchen area (which includes everything my kitchen has at home) before leaving for dinner. My friends and I all slept like babies as the beds were very comfortable. Overall – it was an amazing trip that I will never forget – I encourage you to stay at the Cliffside Resort this summer.

Room Tip: Ocean View
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
East Northport, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

I posted - or thought I posted - this review in August of 2013... but upon checking back, I see that it either did not post or was deleted. I also completed an online survey sent to us by management, in addition to mailing a letter detailing our experience - both positive and negative - to the property managers. I never received any comment or response, which I must admit further clouds my view of Cliffside management. Below is the review:

We recently stayed at Cliffside and were pleased with our overall experience. The property is beautiful, and the grounds are well-maintained with lovely views. Our girls loved the sparkling pool and spent many happy hours there. One of the lifeguards, a young man named Michael L., was an absolute joy. His energy and helpfulness made our visit even more enjoyable. In addition to offering some excellent restaurant recommendations, Michael often went out of his way to assist us and other young families. All "customer service" should be so attentive! On the negative side, however, I was very disappointed with the condition of the carpets in our unit. They were stained and filthy - upon seeing them, I assumed that the rest of the unit must be just as dirty. The remainder of the unit was immaculate, however. Also, while the granite counters, steel appliances and tiled bathrooms were all top-notch, the couch and master bed were tiny and rock-hard. Although we are not big TV watchers, we never even turned on the living room TV because of its odd placement - to watch, one would need to sit sideways on the stiff couch and crane the neck upward at an impossible angle. Cliffside seems to put great effort into making the resort an upscale, inviting place for families. That is why the "negatives" really stood out and didn't mesh with the rest of the experience. Quite honestly, for nearly $500 a night, it was difficult for me to overlook my toddler’s blackened feet after running around on those carpets. With so much attention paid to the good things, I feel it would go a long way toward leaving guests with a better overall impression if equal attention were given to the carpets (wood floors, perhaps?) and cheap furniture. Overall, we did enjoy our stay at Cliffside, but the above issues really would make me think twice before paying that amount again. If the carpet and furniture issues were improved, however, Cliffside could become a yearly summer destination for our family!

Room Tip: Building B has beautiful views of the Sound, and is away from the noise of the pool.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank ZenMom3
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

Once again we stayed in our farvotie room B205 for the 3rd Year had a great time....visited the many of the great resturants there and had a wonderful New Year.

The owner's of B205 keeps up the condo beauiful that's why we alway choose it..It also has a beauiful view..sunset to die for....

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Madison1313
NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

We stayed one night at Cliffside Resort on Dec 31st in B205 room.

What can I say? This was a sweet opening of 2014.
Even as it was cold, the ocean view from our room was unforgettable and our room, which is more like a full 2 bedroom suite (it is definitely bigger than our NYC one bedroom apartment!) was very well maintained.
The resort is ideally located outside of Greenpoint town with a really short drive into town which makes it a good combination between the peace and quiet needed for a relaxing vacation and the option of bars, diners and restaurants in town.

I think we will return in summer (hopefully to B205).

Room Tip: A room with ocean view is critical to fully enjoy this resort.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

My husband and I just stayed at the Cliffside Resort Condominium this past weekend. We were in Greenport attending a wedding at a nearby vineyard. We were pleasantly surprised with our room. We were in a Water's Edge room so we were close to the beach entrance and we had a great view of the water. I only wish our unit looked directly out to the water, we were on the side of the building. As for the condo's interior, it was very clean and exactly as pictured on the website. The bedrooms are a little small and the room with the twin beds was the only room with a closet. Also, our unit did not have a floor length mirror which was surprising (a little thing but when you are going to a wedding you want to make sure you are put together).

The other couple that stayed with us have been to other hotels in the area and they said they would definitely stay at the Cliffside again.

Recommended Restaurants in the Area:
Noah's - We had a great dinner there
The Coronette Luncheonette - We had a delicious breakfast here

Room Tip: If you stay in the Water's Edge, ask for room C102 - C104.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank AngelaBklyn
Annapolis, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

My daughter and I stayed one night in Greenport, NY. This fall weekend, the prices we investigated were high in Long Island wine country, but this one--at $380--for one night, left our expectations high and our disappointment the more acute.
--The carpets had deep stains all over. Were they dirty, or just stained all over with red wine and foods? Who knows, but what hotel ignores unsavory floor coverings?
--The beds were saggy, creaky, and very uncomfortable (Bring something for a backache.)
--The furniture, what little there was of it, was uncomfortable, vinyl, and probably very cheap--calling to mind what might be used to outfit a dorm room
--One 'bedroom' had no closet and no provision for hanging clothing.

Room Tip: Greenport, on the North Fork or Long Island, is very popular, and it can be difficult to find accomm...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

We've stayed here two years in a row for fall weekend getaways to the North Fork wineries - 5 couples sharing 2 condos. It works well for us in terms of location, the views are awesome and and the prices are reasonable for the area. I have to agree with other reviewers though about the paper thin walls, awful beds(ours caved in the middle) and terrible bedspreads. Even the blanket on our bed was dirty, which I'm assuming means those are not washed between guests (gross!). Also, they leave coffeemakers in the kitchen, but ours was dirty and needed to be cleaned inside and out in order to be used, which is just a pain. Bathrooms are nice, but they need some ATD at this place - it could be a lot better than it is.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenport
Sound View Greenport
#2 of 3 in Southold
Baron's Cove
Baron's Cove
#1 of 5 in Sag Harbor

Been to Cliffside Resort Condominiums? Share your experiences!